+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McCain-Rice Beats Dem Dream Ticket

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

McCain-Rice Beats Dem Dream Ticket

FWIW :icon_wink:

NYS POLL:
    • DEMOCRATS’ "DREAM TICKET" IS A NIGHTMARE AGAINST MCCAIN/RICE IN NEW YORK
    http://www.maristpoll.marist.edu/

Poll suggests McCain-Rice ticket could win big
    Posted: 07:15 PM ET
    A McCain-Rice ticket could carry New York, a new poll says.

(CNN) – Condoleezza Rice has said she has no desire to be John McCain's running mate, but a new poll out Wednesday suggests that duo could beat the Democratic ticket in the bluest of states.
    In a new poll conducted by Marist College and WNBC, a McCain-Rice ticket would beat a ticket that includes both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama in New York — a state that reliably votes for the Democratic candidate. (In 2004, John Kerry beat President Bush there by nearly 20 points. In 2000, the margin between Al Gore and Bush was an even higher 25 points.)
    But should McCain and Rice team up, the poll suggests the two Republicans would carry New York, defeating a Clinton-Obama ticket by 3 points (49-46 percent) and an Obama-Clinton ticket by 5 points (49-44 percent.)

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

LINK
    Poll: McCain-Rice Would Beat Dems’ ‘Dream Ticket’

A new poll of New York State voters suggests a hypothetical John McCain-Condoleezza Rice ticket would beat the so-called “dream ticket” of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, even though Rice has sought to douse rumors that she’s seeking the VP slot.
    The WNBC/Marist Poll, released Wednesday, showed voters in the Democratic stronghold of New York preferred the Republican McCain-Rice team over the Democratic duo, no matter which Democratic candidate was on top.
    In the poll, 49 percent said they would support the GOP ticket, and 46 percent said they would support a ticket with Clinton the presidential nominee and Obama her running mate. With Obama at the top, 49 percent still said they would support McCain-Rice, while 44 percent said they would support the Democratic ticket. Clinton is a New York senator.
    The survey, however, found that a ticket composed of McCain and Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman would trail the Democrats in similar match-ups.
    The poll surveyed 576 registered New York voters from April 3-4. The margin of error was 4 points.
    Despite rumors that Secretary of State Rice is seeking the vice presidential nomination, Rice said Tuesday that she has no aspirations to that end and that when she leaves her post in the Bush administration she intends to return to Stanford University in California, where she was provost.
    Obama has objected to suggestions that he join up with Clinton.
    Click here to see the New York state poll results.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 04-09-2008 at 09:34 PM.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Re: McCain-Rice Beats Dem Dream Ticket

I know he'd never take it, but Colin Powell would be a good VP choice as well.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    I wish he would. I wouldnt mind seeing him in the top spot as well.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I like Condie -

However, I think she is holding out for a BIGGER OFFICE -

Commish of the NFL.....

Personally, I wish she would take over baseball -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

i don't think powell or rice are real politicians...they are foriegn policy folks who got 'drafted' into politics. condi might have been able to pull a presidential nom this go round but wasn't interested and powell probably could have rangled it in '96 and '00 if he had wanted it...i believe both have said they have no interest in the presidency. i wish they were, i think both would be excellent (esp. powell). but i can't see either truly being interested in the vp spot if they aren't interested in running for pres in '16...unless it is a 'for the good of the party' thing and even then i think it's unlikely.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi View Post
    i don't think powell or rice are real politicians...they are foriegn policy folks who got 'drafted' into politics. condi might have been able to pull a presidential nom this go round but wasn't interested and powell probably could have rangled it in '96 and '00 if he had wanted it...i believe both have said they have no interest in the presidency. i wish they were, i think both would be excellent (esp. powell). but i can't see either truly being interested in the vp spot if they aren't interested in running for pres in '16...unless it is a 'for the good of the party' thing and even then i think it's unlikely.

I think Condi would do it inorder to run in 2012. McCain will not run after these 4 years probably.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Once the democratic nominee is set, you will see Obama start to pull away from *any* republican ticket in the polls.

You can take that to the bank.
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I think Condi would do it inorder to run in 2012. McCain will not run after these 4 years probably.
    why do you think he would not run for re-election (if elected) in '12? and why do you think rice would want to be pres?

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2 View Post
    Once the democratic nominee is set, you will see Obama start to pull away from *any* republican ticket in the polls.

Not going to happenDB2 my man. The real liberal, radical leaning, experienced and inconsistent OBAMA will be forced out in the open by the GOP (as long as McCain is not too much the gentleman like most his age) and what media there might be to help in that cause. Obama has been given a free pass so far by Hillary and the mainstream media BIG TIME.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Just like there was no way that Kerry would lose to Bush.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

People are starting to tire of Obama. He's like a broken record. I couldn't stand the guy to start with, but the speeches mimicking MLK's style and the "pause with the head-held-high while staring off into the distance" routine is getting old. By this summer, most everyone except the far-left loonies will be so tired of Obama that McCain won't have to do much in order to secure victory. I think I saw a poll this morning that said that McCain is ahead of Obama in a head-to-head matchup in NEW YORK. If McCain even SNIFFS at winning New York, it'll be a long, cold November evening for the democrats.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Not going to happenDB2 my man. The real liberal, radical leaning, experienced and inconsistent OBAMA will be forced out in the open by the GOP (as long as McCain is not too much the gentleman like most his age) and what media there might be to help in that cause. Obama has been given a free pass so far by Hillary and the mainstream media BIG TIME.
    All McCain needs to do is confuse Sunnis and Shi'ites and Al-Qaeda a few more times, and the media will have to stop giving him a free pass. Do we really want someone who gets confused so easily to be president?
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

All McCain needs to do is confuse Sunnis and Shi'ites and Al-Qaeda a few more times, and the media will have to stop giving him a free pass. Do we really want someone who gets confused so easily to be president?
    he used the word 'al-qaeda' a couple of times when he was referring to islamic terrorists...by accident he over specified but not by much. accidently mixing up your islamic terrorist groups is hardly a sign of signifcant confusion.

now if he stars blaming roadside bombs in iraq on the ira then i'll consider that arguement.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

I tried to do that, but the bank said they had enough useless capital tied up in subprime-backed paper.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    I don't think McCain would want him. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24049289/

+ Reply to Thread