+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have a strange request - Outlaw Country

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Re: I have a strange request - Outlaw Country

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Be sure to surprise him with a little Brittney. He'll love you for it.
    No comment.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by honker22 View Post
    Jerry Reed-"Amos Moses" - not an outlaw but one of my favorite songs of all time
    Got it. Great song.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Forgot about Roger Miller. Not the best voice ever, but probably one of the most brilliant song writers, and most entertaining.
    I think I have a complete collection of his songs sorted by album. I can't believe somebody else knows about him. What scares me is that my eldest loves the song Chug-a-lug.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Don't be dissin' Marty -

But I was thinking about throwing some Cal Smith on it for him....
    Don't have any Marty nor Cal Smith. I've heard of Marty, but not Cal.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    I've heard of Marty, but not Cal.

"Hello Country Bumpkin."

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

You have got to get Merle Haggard singing "Are the Good Times Really Over for Good".

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan71227 View Post
    You have got to get Merle Haggard singing "Are the Good Times Really Over for Good".

Nah -

Silver Wings
    Momma Tried
    Branded Man
    Sing Me Back Home
    Caroyln

Those are the FIVE ESSENTIAL Merle Haggard songs - and make sure the recordings are The Hag and the Strangers - not some later knock-off version -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Nah -

Silver Wings
    Momma Tried
    Branded Man
    Sing Me Back Home
    Caroyln

Those are the FIVE ESSENTIAL Merle Haggard songs - and make sure the recordings are The Hag and the Strangers - not some later knock-off version -
    You purchased one of the "Greatest Hits" CDs too? The one I purchased was wierd. Different keys and tempo thoughout most all the oldies.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    You purchased one of the "Greatest Hits" CDs too? The one I purchased was wierd. Different keys and tempo thoughout most all the oldies.
    Nope my DAD did and he was complaining....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Nope my DAD did and he was complaining....
    Figured it had something to do with all the financial troubles Haggard had. Maybe he lost rights to all his old records, but retained the right to re-record them...I don't know...I do know that he has lost his edge in the newer recordings.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

You guys are going too Country and not enough Outlaw. Someone mentioned Billy Joe Shaver, that's a great start not just for what he recorded but for the songs he wrote. Test drive some Steve Earle. David Allen Coe I suggest Longhaired Redneck the album, don't miss Dakota the Dancin Bear that's a great cut. Robert Earl Keen, The Goards, and if all else fails try Sirius Satelite radio station Outlaw Country.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Marty Robbins....
    Marty Robbins was not an outlaw

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Willie, Waylon And Me
    By David Allan Coe
    I HEARD THE BURRITOS OUT IN CALIFORNIA
    COULD FLY HIGHER THAN THE BIRDS
    ROGER MCGINNIS HAD A TWELVE-STRING GUITAR
    IT WAS LIKE NOTHING I'D EVER HEARD
    AND THE EAGLES FLEW IN FROM THE WEST COAST
    LIKE THE BIRDS, THEY WERE TRYING TO BE FREE
    WHILE IN TEXAS, THE TALK TURNED TO OUTLAWS
    LIKE WILLIE AND WAYLON AND ME
    HEY,
    WELL, THEY SAY TEXAS MUSIC'S IN THE MAKE
    AND WE'VE BEEN MAKING' MUSIC THAT IS FREE
    DOING' ONE-NIGHT STANDS,
    PLAYING' WITH OUR BANDS
    WILLIE, WAYLON AND ME
    OH MAD DOG
    THEY SAY THE BEATLES WERE JUST THE BEGINNING
    OF EVERYTHING MUSIC COULD BE
    JUST LIKE THE STONES I WAS ROLLING ALONG
    LIKE A SHIP LOST OUT ON THE SEA
    AND JOPLIN WOULD DIE FOR THE FUTURE
    AND DYLAN WOULD WRITE POETRY
    AND IN TEXAS, THE TALK TURNED TO OUTLAWS LIKE
    WILLIE AND WAYLON AND ME
    RECITATION:
    HEY, MY NAME IS DAVID ALLAN COE AND I'M FROM DALLAS, TEXAS
    THEY SAY TEXAS MUSIC'S IN THE MAKE
    AND WE'VE BEEN MAKING' MUSIC THAT IS FREE
    DOING' ONE-NIGHT STANDS,
    PLAYING' WITH OUR BANDS
    WILLIE, WAYLON AND ME
    BIG JIM
    I HEARD THE BURRITOS OUT IN CALIFORNIA
    COULD FLY HIGHER THAN THE BIRDS
    ROGER MCGINNIS HAD A TWELVE-STRING GUITAR
    IT WAS LIKE NOTHING I'D EVER HEARD
    AND THE EAGLES FLEW IN FROM THE WEST COAST
    LIKE THE BIRDS, THEY WERE TRYING TO BE FREE
    WHILE IN TEXAS, THE TALK TURNED TO OUTLAWS LIKE
    WILLIE AND WAYLON AND ME

some consider Kris Kristofferson an outlaw also.

+ Reply to Thread