+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I have a strange request - Outlaw Country

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: I have a strange request - Outlaw Country

We was jus ramblin' and got on Marty Robbins. Dogtor and Gonzo are the new thread Nazis. Threads not allowed to drift.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    We was jus ramblin' and got on Marty Robbins. Dogtor and Gonzo are the new thread Nazis. Threads not allowed to drift.

No Thread For You!

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    Willie, Waylon And Me

By David Allan Coe
    I HEARD THE BURRITOS OUT IN CALIFORNIA
    COULD FLY HIGHER THAN THE BIRDS
    ROGER MCGINNIS HAD A TWELVE-STRING GUITAR
    IT WAS LIKE NOTHING I'D EVER HEARD
    AND THE EAGLES FLEW IN FROM THE WEST COAST
    LIKE THE BIRDS, THEY WERE TRYING TO BE FREE
    WHILE IN TEXAS, THE TALK TURNED TO OUTLAWS
    LIKE WILLIE AND WAYLON AND ME
    HEY,
    WELL, THEY SAY TEXAS MUSIC'S IN THE MAKE
    AND WE'VE BEEN MAKING' MUSIC THAT IS FREE
    DOING' ONE-NIGHT STANDS,
    PLAYING' WITH OUR BANDS
    WILLIE, WAYLON AND ME
    OH MAD DOG
    THEY SAY THE BEATLES WERE JUST THE BEGINNING
    OF EVERYTHING MUSIC COULD BE
    JUST LIKE THE STONES I WAS ROLLING ALONG
    LIKE A SHIP LOST OUT ON THE SEA
    AND JOPLIN WOULD DIE FOR THE FUTURE
    AND DYLAN WOULD WRITE POETRY
    AND IN TEXAS, THE TALK TURNED TO OUTLAWS LIKE
    WILLIE AND WAYLON AND ME
    RECITATION:
    HEY, MY NAME IS DAVID ALLAN COE AND I'M FROM DALLAS, TEXAS
    THEY SAY TEXAS MUSIC'S IN THE MAKE
    AND WE'VE BEEN MAKING' MUSIC THAT IS FREE
    DOING' ONE-NIGHT STANDS,
    PLAYING' WITH OUR BANDS
    WILLIE, WAYLON AND ME
    BIG JIM
    I HEARD THE BURRITOS OUT IN CALIFORNIA
    COULD FLY HIGHER THAN THE BIRDS
    ROGER MCGINNIS HAD A TWELVE-STRING GUITAR
    IT WAS LIKE NOTHING I'D EVER HEARD
    AND THE EAGLES FLEW IN FROM THE WEST COAST
    LIKE THE BIRDS, THEY WERE TRYING TO BE FREE
    WHILE IN TEXAS, THE TALK TURNED TO OUTLAWS LIKE

WILLIE AND WAYLON AND ME

McGuinn, No thread for you!

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

I know it's McGuinn.

http://www.ibiblio.org/jimmy/mcguinn/McGuinn.html

The lyrics were a copy/paste off of a lyrics Sie.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    I know it's McGuinn.

http://www.ibiblio.org/jimmy/mcguinn/McGuinn.html

The lyrics were a copy/paste off of a lyrics Sie.
    Lyrics "yes"?

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Somehow I just saw this.

Sooner, go with "Pancho and Lefty" by Willie and Merle. One of my favorite songs EVER. Nelson's voice just fits it perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxzJAF1BxP4

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    You guys are going too Country and not enough Outlaw. Someone mentioned Billy Joe Shaver, that's a great start not just for what he recorded but for the songs he wrote.
    Billy Joe is the man. He's not just an outlaw for his music and the songs that he wrote, but for his life also. I'm sure everyone remembers him shooting the guy in the bar last year. He also married and divorced and remarried his late wife three or four times.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Where do newer acts like Whiskeytown/Ryan Adams and Mindy Smith fit in? Where is the line between alt-country and outlaw country(if there is one)?

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Where do newer acts like Whiskeytown/Ryan Adams and Mindy Smith fit in? Where is the line between alt-country and outlaw country(if there is one)?
    I don't know about newer acts, but back in the day of outlaw, it was about going against the Nashville crowd. That got them the rep of being "outlaws".

+ Reply to Thread