+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TSPOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Re: TSPOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan71227 View Post
    There's the next HC of the Techsters after Long is dismissed after next season.
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. Chances are that 'Spoon can help turn the program around but CL will get the credit & save his job. Still, just so the Techsters get back to their rightful place in WBB, I don't care who the coach is or even if he's NOT calling the plays!!

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

I have always said and any coach that has any salt around them will also state. You are only as good as the weakest link on your team. At this point CL has surrounded himself with a very strong guard coach so there is no weakness there. She will do wonders in building team chemistry between the girls. Pat Summitt has said all along that you win with people and you have to be secure in your ownself to put people in positions that you are weak in. CL has done something that not many people would do and that is bring in a person that is leaps and bound going to be the best guard coach in the country this next year. He is doing what he needs to do to try to turn the tide. I along with MG could care less who the head coach is as long as we are able to turn it around. Now we still have work to do, we need a coach to come in that can tap in on the recruiting. I know what alot of you are thinking T-Spoon she is a great asset to our recruiting but we need someone that can hit the road and make immediate impact. We need Spoon working with the guard now getting them ready. We need a big girl coach also, someone that can get in there and bang and teach how to bang. Larry Tidwell who is now the head coach at Lamar is one of the best post coaches in the country. I wish we could get him

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    I have always said and any coach that has any salt around them will also state. You are only as good as the weakest link on your team. At this point CL has surrounded himself with a very strong guard coach so there is no weakness there. She will do wonders in building team chemistry between the girls. Pat Summitt has said all along that you win with people and you have to be secure in your ownself to put people in positions that you are weak in. CL has done something that not many people would do and that is bring in a person that is leaps and bound going to be the best guard coach in the country this next year. He is doing what he needs to do to try to turn the tide. I along with MG could care less who the head coach is as long as we are able to turn it around. Now we still have work to do, we need a coach to come in that can tap in on the recruiting. I know what alot of you are thinking T-Spoon she is a great asset to our recruiting but we need someone that can hit the road and make immediate impact. We need Spoon working with the guard now getting them ready. We need a big girl coach also, someone that can get in there and bang and teach how to bang. Larry Tidwell who is now the head coach at Lamar is one of the best post coaches in the country. I wish we could get him
    I think we need to tap into some of our former great Post players for the next hire. Let's fill the staff with former players that have big names and big attitudes. We have plenty of them out there. I want to see an allstar coaching bench that knows what being a Techster is all about. TSpoon is the first of a group that needs to be on our staff. Long had guts to hire her and I hope he has the guts to bring in the next one.

TSpoon coming back is HUGE. As for recruiting, yes, we need recruiting experts, but let TSpoon walk into any living room in America and we can get the players we need. She is inspirational and that will show on the court and in potential Techster homes.

I could find no article on the announcement and I searched all local papers and the Tech site. Seems like this would be worthy of, at least, a note on the online papers, since the printed ones might not could have got it in on time. I got the news at 9pm last night, so I would think a journalist could have written, at least, a quick blurb.

Jimmy, where are you????

Varsity Bulldog East Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the ears East Coast Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Jimmy, where are you????
    Great news!!!! Jimmy must be working on game plan for spring game

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    This is great news!
    But Tyler, slow down on your drinking! You lost a day, it's only Friday!
    OOPS

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Was told that the excitement was electrifying last night. Neither Chris nor D.R. knew that she had accepted the offer. Going to be a big change for her after becoming a big part of the New York and L.A. scene. She was hanging out with Tara Banks for a while - maybe we will get some celeb visits to the games.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

This is the best news in a long time for the Techsters! And although I'll probably be accused of raining on the parade, I don't credit Long with this. He was desperate to keep his job. It's a great move, but in my opinion there was more at work here than just Long offering TSpoon the job. Sounds like someone told him this is what he had to do to right the ship. Long is still, IMO, the wrong person for the job, but at least there is someone with passion on the bench. I can't imagine her impact not being enormous!

I'm now actually looking forward to next season.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    This is the best news in a long time for the Techsters! And although I'll probably be accused of raining on the parade, I don't credit Long with this. He was desperate to keep his job. It's a great move, but in my opinion there was more at work here than just Long offering TSpoon the job. Sounds like someone told him this is what he had to do to right the ship. Long is still, IMO, the wrong person for the job, but at least there is someone with passion on the bench. I can't imagine her impact not being enormous!

I'm now actually looking forward to next season.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Leon didn't have a hand in this.

To be honest though, I don't see too much difference next year as far as results. I think Spoon was sold on coming here and getting a degree and then being the next head coach. With that in mind, don't be surprised to see people with Spoon ties filling in the available asst. spots.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

SHe will be the next Head Coach....See Gary Crowton in football

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

check out more on what happened at www.latechreport.com

Quote Originally Posted by theinsider View Post
    check out more on what happened at www.latechreport.com
    That video with Whitney singing can pull any heartstring. We have just hired one of the BIGGEST names in WBB. Loved how TSpoon would slap that floor daring that other team to cross half court. I hope we see some floor slapping on the sidelines this year.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I wonder Reneau is looking at this as a possiblity to right his wrong with Mulkey. Long's days are limited.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I think it was the mailman who delivered TSpoon.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

How many hours is she shy of getting her degree? If CL gets canned next year, she needs to be ready.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Puppy odumonarch has turned a few heads around hereodumonarch has turned a few heads around here

Congrats! It's nice to read some positive things. Brighter days are ahead!

On another message board, someone (I think he/she is a friend of Spoon's) mentioned that Spoon would've been the new head coach if she had her degree. And unless something crazy happens, Spoon will most likely be the head coach as soon as she gets that degree.

Spoon will do for La Tech what Dawn Staley did for Temple. I know the father of a local kid who was recruited by ODU and the ACC, but she went to Temple only because of Dawn. He said his daughter was just blown over by the opportunity to work with Dawn that she didn't care about Temple's conference or history. Spoon is much more magnetic than Dawn and La Tech has a better history than Temple.

Obviously any guard worth a nickle would like to be recruited and coached by Spoon. But don't be surprised if she ends up being good for post players too. Some of the best coaches were PG's. Isn't Mickie DeMoss (who is barely 5'0) considered one of the best post coaches in the country?

Again, congrats and good luck!

+ Reply to Thread