+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attempted "curse" sopped

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Attempted "curse" sopped

Read about an attempt by a Red Sox fan to "curse" the new Yankee Stadium.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3344825

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Re: Attempted "curse" sopped

The moron would have gotten away from it if it wasn't for his big mouth and ego. Yankees are looking into criminal and civil charges on this douche and I hope they take him to the wood shed.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I don't see how they could file any criminal charges. He didn't endanger anyone, but you are right about his mouth and ego getting him caught.

He should move to Boston and run for office. He would be a hero there.

I think the whole thing is pretty funny.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I don't see how they could file any criminal charges. He didn't endanger anyone, but you are right about his mouth and ego getting him caught.

He should move to Boston and run for office. He would be a hero there.

I think the whole thing is pretty funny.

I thought about that. Couldn't it be argued that the cloth would displace needed cement therefore endangering the structure? Isn't that all figured out how much cement is needed to hold so many pounds, etc..., and that by taking some out the stability would be compromised therefore endagering people? How about CEs?

Oh , and I'm no Yankee fan. I loved it.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar

NYC building codes state roughly that nothing is to be added to concrete unless it adds stability (i.e.: rebar, etc) so his adding of cloth to a concrete footing could be viewed as an attempt to compromise the integrity of the concrete. Since he admitted that he did this willfully, and on his own, he could be brought up on criminal charges stemming from the potential damage his actions could have caused.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poisso3 View Post
    NYC building codes state roughly that nothing is to be added to concrete unless it adds stability (i.e.: rebar, etc) so his adding of cloth to a concrete footing could be viewed as an attempt to compromise the integrity of the concrete. Since he admitted that he did this willfully, and on his own, he could be brought up on criminal charges stemming from the potential damage his actions could have caused.
    If the jersey was placed beneath the centroid of a beam section, it could be argued that stability is added, since that entire portion is in tension. Since concrete provides virtually zero tensile strength, any replacement by a tension bearing element would add stability. One caveat to note, however, is that the net yield strength of the tensile section MUST be below the net compressive strength of the top section to be in compliance with the American Concrete Institute's standards for ductility.

Had the jersey been placed above the centroid, in the compressive section, then I think attempted murder charges would be warranted.

But since it's against the Yankees, a measure of sympathy from the court system would definitely be in order.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg View Post
    If the jersey was placed beneath the centroid of a beam section, it could be argued that stability is added, since that entire portion is in tension. Since concrete provides virtually zero tensile strength, any replacement by a tension bearing element would add stability. One caveat to note, however, is that the net yield strength of the tensile section MUST be below the net compressive strength of the top section to be in compliance with the American Concrete Institute's standards for ductility.

Had the jersey been placed above the centroid, in the compressive section, then I think attempted murder charges would be warranted.

But since it's against the Yankees, a measure of sympathy from the court system would definitely be in order.

I wonder if they can get a change of venue to a different state?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I wonder if they can get a change of venue to a different state?
    Probably not considering he didn't go out of NY to do this...even if he is charged with a criminal act, he'll probably get probation, ro be forced to wear Yankees gear for a while.

oh, and thanks, D!

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I believe the "little general" Hank Steinbrenner will definitely file charges against him, but it probably will not stick. It will cost him money in court and that pain might be enough to make Hank happy. Aside from the legal fees and court costs, he might be responsible for the cost of tearing up the concrete to recover the shirt, and the lost time of the workers who dug it up. That could be expensive.

I still think it's great. I'm not a huge fan of either team, but this was just good-hearted fun by a diehard fan, and not an attempt to kill thousands of Yankee fans. If he were smart (obviously a big "if") he would have waited until the stadium was completed and THEN told everyone. At that point, there is no way they would even try to dig it up, and it would be debated for years whether or not he had actually done it. Either way, this guy probably goes down in Red Sox history as a fan legend; one of those guys who never has to pay for another beer at any bar on Yawkey Way ever again. Wish I had thought of it.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

On a side note, I'm sure there are some members of the Gambino family breathing a sigh of relief that they went directly to the jersey on the first try and didn't have to dig around for it. I'm sure those mob guys get nervous anytime they hear someone is taking a jackhammer to concrete.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

The Boston Red Sox jersey secretly buried under the new Yankee Stadium in a failed curse attempt sold Thursday for $175,100 in a charity auction.

The bid from Kevin Meehan, the owner of Imperialcars.com in Mendon, Mass., was the highest of 282 for the battered No. 34 David Ortiz jersey.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3365119

+ Reply to Thread