+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thinking about going to the Army game

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking about going to the Army game

Anybody know what the options are for Airports. I am trying to see how much it would cost to go to the game and need to start looking at flights. Any help would be appreciated.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Thining about going to the Army game

I think you may need to fly into the NYC airports.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    Anybody know what the options are for Airports. I am trying to see how much it would cost to go to the game and need to start looking at flights. Any help would be appreciated.
    Normally it is cheaper to fly into NYC's LGA, EWR, or JFK. However, the closest airports to West Point are Newburgh, NY (SWF) and White Plains, NY (HPN). In the past, I've found deals to these smaller city airports that have been cheaper than the larger NYC airports and they have rental cars. White Plains has a bus that can take you to the Metro North commuter rail line in White Plains for a trip into NYC arriving at Grand Central Station.

Some of the airports within 100 miles of West Point include:
    Newburgh/Stewart (SWF)
    White Plain, NY (HPN)
    NYC, LaGuardia (LGA)
    Newark, NJ (EWR)
    NYC, Kennedy (JFK)
    New Haven, CT (HVN)
    Long Island, NY (ISP)
    Hartford, CT (BDL)
    ALB, NY (ALB)
    Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, PA (AVP)

For South Louisiana residents: JetBlue flies out of New Orleans and has cheap fares to NYC's JFK. Right now, you can book a Friday flight and Sunday night return for $229 RT.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't want to go through all the problems with NYC airport and traffic, you can always fly to Albany, NY and rent a car then. Albany is about 100 miles away from West Point and it takes about an hour and half to drive with the speed limit. I'm pretty sure I can make it from Albany to West Point within an hour
    This game may be the only game I will be able to see our dawgs play this next year.
    ________
    Best Cheapest Vaporizer
    Last edited by latech; 04-29-2011 at 11:05 PM.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    Thining about going to the Army game
    You do know ticket prices are not based on your weight, right?

OH! You're thinKing about going! Now it all makes sence!
    Last edited by JAB; 04-17-2008 at 01:49 PM.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    If you don't want to go through all the problems with NYC airport and traffic, you can always fly to Albany, NY and rent a car then. Albany is about 100 miles away from West Point and it takes about an hour and half to drive with the speed limit. I'm pretty sure I can make it from Albany to West Point within an hour
    This game may be the only game I will be able to see our dawgs play this next year.

Albany is good. Small airport, without a lot of crowds. Can get through security pretty quickly. I have flown into it on several occasions for business. Not sure how it compares in price to NYC filghts though. There are plenty of hotels in case you wish to stay there and drive down for the game. And Albany is easy to navigate (at least for me), unlike NYC.

Varsity Bulldog bigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nice

Re: Thinking about going to the Army game

i have looked into coming from south louisiana to hartford, ct and the price isn't bad $255 from new orleans $322 from baton rouge and $383 from lafayette. if you go to louisianatechtravel.com it a % goes to tech alumni ass..

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Big Grin Re: Thinking about going to the Army game

bigdawg, who are you calling an ass?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post

OH! You're thinKing about going! Now it all makes since!
    Since when? Oh, you mean "sense." :icon_wink:
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Sorry, I meant "cents".

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Don't go their...

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post

OH! You're thinKing about going! Now it all makes sence!
    Gas prices keep going up and they might be based on weight. In which case I might have to do some thinning.

Thanks for the advice everybody. Good stuff.

Varsity Bulldog bigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nice

Re: Thinking about going to the Army game

THE ALUMNI ASSOCIATION IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

+ Reply to Thread