+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T-Spoon and then who else?

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

T-Spoon and then who else?

We have signed an All American to the Coaching Staff and now who will we get to go with her?
    Please if we can lets try and keep this on who we would be interested in seeing comming this way as an assistant coach and not get on a tirade of what is wrong with the current situation we have plenty of threads for that.
    Does anyone have any information on any of the people that have been interviewed for the position?
    I have not heard of any other Techsters being candidates at the current time and I know for a fact that Angela Lawson has not been contacted or my phone would have been ringing from her if that call had been made.
    I have heard rumblings of Jennifer White but I know that she is very happy with her current coaching position and is doing very well for herself down in Austin.
    Do we have an update on Brooke?
    Are we looking for one more assistant or are we looking for two?
    I visited with Chris via email and sent him contact on two coaches from Georgia State.
    Gail Streigler is the assistant there and was the head coach as University of Central Florida. Gail is no stranger to our area in the Ruston. She is from Arkansas and coached at SFA when Gary Blair was there and was the assistant coach at Northwestern State when James Smith was the head coach so she definately has some experience on our area. She was also named two or three times coach of the year when she was at University of Central Florida. I have not spoken to her but I did send her an email and left her a phone message that I had passed her name along to Chris.
    The other coach there that might be on interest is Bridgette Gordon, Alot of people will recognize her name from being at Tennessee back in the 80's when there really was only a handful of contenders. I also sent Chris her information.

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

Re: T-Spoon and then who else?

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    We have signed an All American to the Coaching Staff and now who will we get to go with her?
    Please if we can lets try and keep this on who we would be interested in seeing comming this way as an assistant coach and not get on a tirade of what is wrong with the current situation we have plenty of threads for that.
    Does anyone have any information on any of the people that have been interviewed for the position?
    I have not heard of any other Techsters being candidates at the current time and I know for a fact that Angela Lawson has not been contacted or my phone would have been ringing from her if that call had been made.
    I have heard rumblings of Jennifer White but I know that she is very happy with her current coaching position and is doing very well for herself down in Austin.
    Do we have an update on Brooke?
    Are we looking for one more assistant or are we looking for two?
    I visited with Chris via email and sent him contact on two coaches from Georgia State.
    Gail Streigler is the assistant there and was the head coach as University of Central Florida. Gail is no stranger to our area in the Ruston. She is from Arkansas and coached at SFA when Gary Blair was there and was the assistant coach at Northwestern State when James Smith was the head coach so she definately has some experience on our area. She was also named two or three times coach of the year when she was at University of Central Florida. I have not spoken to her but I did send her an email and left her a phone message that I had passed her name along to Chris.
    The other coach there that might be on interest is Bridgette Gordon, Alot of people will recognize her name from being at Tennessee back in the 80's when there really was only a handful of contenders. I also sent Chris her information.
    Several years ago, I worked some of Pat's basketball camps at Tennessee. Bridgette was one of the gym managers both years I worked. She was an awesome player and she was a lot of fun to work with.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I have no name to offer, but would like to see someone with a big name in the "post player" position. There are some former Techsters that fit that description, but may not be household names. I am hoping that Spoon has some contacts that she can bring to the table for this.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I have no name to offer, but would like to see someone with a big name in the "post player" position. There are some former Techsters that fit that description, but may not be household names. I am hoping that Spoon has some contacts that she can bring to the table for this.
    I think this is what happens as well. She needs to help Long with these next hires.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Anyone know where Tori Harrison is? Last I heard she was a hc somewhere, but I'm not sure if that is still the case.

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Let's start the rumor that Lisa Leslie and Chamika Holtzclaw are coming.

Puppy mgr8284 is an unknown

Jennifer White did contact Chris, but the last time I talked to her he had not gotten back with her. I talked to Chris and he said he was going to contact her. But nothing yet.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

I wish we could get Janice Lawrence-?. After she finished playing in the WNBA she was an assistant coach for the Cleveland Rockers until they went under. Don't know what she is doing now. She is a great post player and another connection to our gloried past.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by mgr8284 View Post
    Jennifer White did contact Chris, but the last time I talked to her he had not gotten back with her. I talked to Chris and he said he was going to contact her. But nothing yet.
    HMMMMMMM that is very interesting, she would definately have some ties in Texas since she has been in that area as a head coach, I know that Lawson isn't interested unless something drastically has changed, she had the chance to come back here while Barmore was still here but she decided against it and I truly understand why that was.
    Lawson is very much a realist and she knew that there was only one place for the Techsters to go and that was decline, she made it very clear that she didn't want to be the name on the door when that happened, she might be interested in comming back now that it is time to rebuild it.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Remember, you aren't talking about another Associate Head Coach, you are talking about someone below TSpoon on the food ladder. A great place to be if you are a young talented coach waiting to be discovered, but for an experienced coach that has made a name, it may be a step down. 3rd in line a a D1 program like the Techsters is a move up for some people, but not all.

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

I wonder if Angela Lawson's legs still look as good as they used to.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan71227 View Post
    I wonder if Angela Lawson's legs still look as good as they used to.....
    They do in my mind and I bet they do in reality, as well.

Puppy odumonarch has turned a few heads around hereodumonarch has turned a few heads around here

Someone mentioned the Georgia St assistants...GSU is in the Colonial with ODU, so I'm pretty familiar with them.

GSU's longtime head coach is Lea Henry, a former star PG in the early 1980's at Tenn and the 1984 US Team. GSU was a power in the Atlantic Sun conference with multiple conference titles and NCAA appearances, but have struggled since joining the CAA in 2004. The CAA is a much quicker and more competitive league than the ASun. GSU has improved and are a legit post player away from moving to the top half of the CAA.

Bridgette Gordon and Gail Striegler both just finished their 1st seasons as assistants at GSU. Gordon has limited coaching experience, but is a former star at Tenn and the WNBA. Striegler is extremely experienced, spending 8 years as the head coach at Central Florida. Her teams at UCF were successful in the ASun, but struggled after moving to CUSA. She's supposed to be a hot shot recruiter in the Southeast. GSU recruits mainly in Georgia, Florida, and the Carolinas.

In 2002, GSU's #1 assistant (Susan Montgomery) left to become the #2 assistant at ODU. So I assume GSU doesn't pay their assistants as competitively as other midmajors. Lea Henry has said in interviews that she's very excited about her staff. Gordon and Henry are both Tenn grads, while Striegler and Henry are friends from their ASun days. It might be hard to break that staff up.

Side note: Montgomery retired from coaching in 2006 to have a baby and has been the color analyst for ODU's radio broadcasts the last 2 years. I've heard she'll probably return to coaching when her son is old enough (I don't know how old is old enough). ODU had a 118-41 with Susan, with 4 CAA titles and an Elite 8 run in 2002. She's a strong recruiter (she's from Georgia) and very well liked. She'd be a great choice for any program, although I'd miss her on the radio broadcasts.
    Last edited by odumonarch; 04-19-2008 at 01:40 PM.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Up Re: T-Spoon and then who else?

ODU - Thanks for the input on our board!! U certainly seem to have a passion for WBB ( ODU the most, obviously! ) & we are glad to have ya here! Wouldn't it be great to have the Lady Monarchs & Techsters back in the Final 4 like the days of old??!!

Gene

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    ODU - Thanks for the input on our board!! U certainly seem to have a passion for WBB ( ODU the most, obviously! ) & we are glad to have ya here! Wouldn't it be great to have the Lady Monarchs & Techsters back in the Final 4 like the days of old??!!

Gene
    That would be pretty awesome. You know a lot of the players from the old battles would show up for the game.

+ Reply to Thread