Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
Yeah, I think Minnesota did all right with that trade. Jefferson obviously doesn't have the KG name but he is turning into a very good player. I think in a few years KG's career will be windining down and the T-Wolves fans will be very happy with that deal.
I agree on West's mid-range. He's VERY good at that. I also agree that Chandler probably keeps West from averaging more rebounds. I have made it no secret I am a big Chandler fan. If he keeps working hard there is no reason he can't turn into a 7 ft version of Dennis Rodman. (on the court that is :icon_wink Super Tough Defense, Rebounds, lots of hustle and a little bit better offense. He is limited offensively but with Peja, West and Paul they don't need him scoring a lot of points.
I have been thrilled to death with Chandler's play thus far in the playoffs. He's stronger than he looks so he's been able to do an admirable job of keeping Duncan from getting whatever position in the post he wants while using his length and athleticism to bother shots. He's also done a great job on the pick-and-roll defense as his athleticism and length again are beneficial in contesting shots and blocking passing lanes that the Spurs usually exploit. Also improved thus far in these playoffs is his shot blocking around the rim. Historically, he's either been a very good shot blocker but unable to stay out of foul trouble when going after shots, or he gets tentative and doesn't challenge shots at all to stay on the floor. He seems to have found some sort of middle ground right now and hope he stays there.