+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hornets beat Mavs in Game 1

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Re: Hornets beat Mavs in Game 1

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    And I NEVER said a word.
    That just means you missed your chance

Maybe once CP3 retires in 15 years, after 10 rings, you will have another one.

:icon_wink:
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2 View Post
    That just means you missed your chance

Maybe once CP3 retires in 15 years, after 10 rings, you will have another one.

:icon_wink:

Wow, you guys are coming out of the woodwork now that your team is winning more than 38 games a year. That's fine. Have fun and enjoy it. I'll say this for the Saints fans, at least they knew their city HAD a football team. I always hear from those guys. I don't think half the people on this board even knew the Hornets were in N.O. until 2 months ago.

Big Dog jlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the rough jlam's Avatar

Wow, you guys are coming out of the woodwork now that your team is winning more than 38 games a year. That's fine. Have fun and enjoy it. I'll say this for the Saints fans, at least they knew their city HAD a football team. I always hear from those guys. I don't think half the people on this board even knew the Hornets were in N.O. until 2 months ago.
    This is literally this group of players' first season in New Orleans. :shrug:

The franchise was there a couple of seasons before Katrina, but if you were a fan, would you be endeared by Baron Davis, Jamal Magloire, and Jamal Mashburn?

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlam View Post

The franchise was there a couple of seasons before Katrina, but if you were a fan, would you be endeared by Baron Davis, Jamal Magloire, and Jamal Mashburn?
    haha. No kidding. The only good thing about the Hornets back then was PJ Brown. Baron and Jamal Mashburn had so many mysterious knee injuries, it was hard to get behind them. And what about the coaches? Tim Floyd? Really?

I even went to a bunch of games when it was just Dan Dickau, Jerome "Block Master" Moiso, Jacobson....umm...some other people? Chris Anderson? It was rough. :-P
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Well get ready to be even more thrilled because I wouldn't be shocked to see them get the sweep. I really think this Kidd deal is going to end up biting the Mavs and Avery in the rear. I think Cuban is going to fire Avery if the Mavs don't win this series. I kind of think he should too. The Mavs have lost something like 10 of their last 12 playoff games now. No coach should be able to survive that.

The cool thing for Hornets fans is that other than a couple of guys like Peja, they are very young. I think CP3 can still get better. They are going to be very tough for a long time.
    I agree, the Kidd deal was terrible. People are very enthralled with Kidd's dipsy doing and his versatility. He is a good player, but he has never been a good shooter and he is old and too slow to even compete with the PGs of today on D. Never give up good youth for good over the hill experienced players. Sorry, J Kidd is over the hill now. Still a good player, but not great like they made him out to be when they traded Harris away. I didnt understand it.

Big Dog jlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the rough jlam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    I agree, the Kidd deal was terrible. People are very enthralled with Kidd's dipsy doing and his versatility. He is a good player, but he has never been a good shooter and he is old and too slow to even compete with the PGs of today on D. Never give up good youth for good over the hill experienced players. Sorry, J Kidd is over the hill now. Still a good player, but not great like they made him out to be when they traded Harris away. I didnt understand it.
    To my surprise, Kidd has been knocking down a lot of 3s lately when completely uncontested (which happens at times when Paul is "guarding" him since Paul likes to leave him and cheat passing lanes). However, a hand anywhere near his face makes him a less < 30% jump shooter.

They started posting up Paul with Kidd a bit in Game 2, which is give and take. Kidd undoubtedly has the size advantage on CP and Paul is not accustomed to guarding the post. It also is supposed to wear him out defensively some. When the Hornets took the bait and sent help over, Kidd (predictably) found the open man. I'm all for just letting him post up and try to make him take Paul, since I really don't think he can score consistently down there and it's more of a diversion tactic than anything.

The deal with the Kidd trade is that it presents such obvious matchup problems against all of the top teams in the West, not just New Orleans. The problems Kidd is having guarding Paul, he's going to have (perhaps to a lesser extent) guarding Parker, Nash, and Williams. This is where it's so different from, say, the Suns trade to get Shaq or the Lakers move to obtain Gasol. Even though they came in the middle of season to already "elite" teams, those players were traded for to help those teams against specific matchups with teams that supposedly stood in their way on the road to a potential championship. It'd be different if Dallas had a great perimeter defending role player to matchup with the great guards in the West, but they don't. :shrug:

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

i say let kidd post up paul...as long as paul keeps his hands up, kidd is going to miss most of them and chandler and west'll be there for the rebound. force kidd to score and keep guarding howard and dirk. i honestly think that the post matchup of kidd and paul is going to wear more on kidd...paul doesn't seem to get tired.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

So basically like I said, no one cared until they started winning.

Besides, Baron Davis is a good player. Mashburn wasn't good when N.O. got him. Man when he was a rookie and during his 2nd yeard in Dallas though he could really play. After he got hurt he didn't have much game though. I was hoping he could revive his career and become a stud again in N.O. but that injury just took too much out of him.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

So basically like I said, no one cared until they started winning.

Besides, Baron Davis is a good player. Mashburn wasn't good when N.O. got him. Man when he was a rookie and during his 2nd yeard in Dallas though he could really play. After he got hurt he didn't have much game though. I was hoping he could revive his career and become a stud again in N.O. but that injury just took too much out of him.
    Sadly true, I used to get so pissed when I was in Ruston and nobody cared about the Hornets. I dont care much for the NBA, but I do follow the Hornets and am glad they are winning. This year brought out a bunch of folks from the woodworks. Hornets bball has been an afterthought until this year.

Dhuss hit the nail on the head. It's Kidds defense that is a liability with the Mavs. He is fine on offense. Not as good, but almost as good as he ever was. He has no lateral movement on defense though and his reaction time is down so he can't cover anyone. Devin Harris and Diop were inconsistent on offense but man both of them could flat out D up an anyone. I think Devin Harris is gonna make the NBA all-defensive team someday. No one is going to flat out stop Paul, but Kidd is making him look like Michael Jordan. Harris at least slowed him down. He goes by Kidd like his foot is nailed to the floor. This trade made the Mavs much slower and older.

To my surprise, Kidd has been knocking down a lot of 3s lately when completely uncontested (which happens at times when Paul is "guarding" him since Paul likes to leave him and cheat passing lanes). However, a hand anywhere near his face makes him a less < 30% jump shooter.

They started posting up Paul with Kidd a bit in Game 2, which is give and take. Kidd undoubtedly has the size advantage on CP and Paul is not accustomed to guarding the post. It also is supposed to wear him out defensively some. When the Hornets took the bait and sent help over, Kidd (predictably) found the open man. I'm all for just letting him post up and try to make him take Paul, since I really don't think he can score consistently down there and it's more of a diversion tactic than anything.

The deal with the Kidd trade is that it presents such obvious matchup problems against all of the top teams in the West, not just New Orleans. The problems Kidd is having guarding Paul, he's going to have (perhaps to a lesser extent) guarding Parker, Nash, and Williams. This is where it's so different from, say, the Suns trade to get Shaq or the Lakers move to obtain Gasol. Even though they came in the middle of season to already "elite" teams, those players were traded for to help those teams against specific matchups with teams that supposedly stood in their way on the road to a potential championship. It'd be different if Dallas had a great perimeter defending role player to matchup with the great guards in the West, but they don't. :shrug:

See actually that's where we disagree a little bit. I agree the that trade hurts us against the Spurs because Diop and Harris gave the Spurs fits. I'm sure they were happy to see them leave. The Shaq trade really hurts the Suns against the Mavs. I love the way we matchup against them now. Dampier actually handles Shaq fairly well. But the real advantage is having Marion gone. He was the one that killed the Mavs on offense and he was the one that guarded Dirk on defense. He killed Dirk and harrassed him all game. Now they don't have anyone that can guard Dirk. Dirk ate them up in Phoenix last time they played and the Mavs won. I think the Mavs beat the Suns in 6 games if they play. They don't worry me at all.

It's the Spurs and Hornets that are a bad matchup for the Mavs.

I am honestly unimpressed with West. I think he is an all-star because of Paul and if he was on an average team with an average PG, he would look average. Chandler on the other hand is the real deal. The Bulls were idiots to give up on him so soon. And obviously Paul is outstanding and only getting better. Morris Peterson is weak. Peja is weak on defense but he is the glue that keeps everyone honest on offense. He is good at what he does and a nice fit for this team. N.O. should be good for a while.

In the end though, I think it's going to be Boston/San Antonio in the Finals.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

See actually that's where we disagree a little bit. I agree the that trade hurts us against the Spurs because Diop and Harris gave the Spurs fits. I'm sure they were happy to see them leave. The Shaq trade really hurts the Suns against the Mavs. I love the way we matchup against them now. Dampier actually handles Shaq fairly well. But the real advantage is having Marion gone. He was the one that killed the Mavs on offense and he was the one that guarded Dirk on defense. He killed Dirk and harrassed him all game. Now they don't have anyone that can guard Dirk. Dirk ate them up in Phoenix last time they played and the Mavs won. I think the Mavs beat the Suns in 6 games if they play. They don't worry me at all.

It's the Spurs and Hornets that are a bad matchup for the Mavs.

I am honestly unimpressed with West. I think he is an all-star because of Paul and if he was on an average team with an average PG, he would look average. Chandler on the other hand is the real deal. The Bulls were idiots to give up on him so soon. And obviously Paul is outstanding and only getting better. Morris Peterson is weak. Peja is weak on defense but he is the glue that keeps everyone honest on offense. He is good at what he does and a nice fit for this team. N.O. should be good for a while.

In the end though, I think it's going to be Boston/San Antonio in the Finals.
    David West is a beast....He owned the Mavs last night. He has played that way all year!

Bigdog 13 you follow the NBA how can you say that your unimpressed with West? Does having CP3 help? Hell yea but he has to make the shots.

IF anyone is better because of CP3 its Chandler who was almost out of the league.

Outside of Dirk, West is better than every member of the Dallas Mavericks and we have seen that in 5 games.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

The Hornets won last night without a lot of production from Chris Paul. David West was huge in the game, and Pargo really lit a fire when he came in. I have been thinking since late season that something is not right with Chris. He turns it on for spurts, but doesn't seem to be able to go full steam for most of the game the way he normally can.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    The Hornets won last night without a lot of production from Chris Paul. David West was huge in the game, and Pargo really lit a fire when he came in. I have been thinking since late season that something is not right with Chris. He turns it on for spurts, but doesn't seem to be able to go full steam for most of the game the way he normally can.

Good observation 77. I dont know about you but I really like the lineup with Paul and Pargo in at the same time against Kidd and Terry.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

how about kidd trying to throw pargo's face into the floor? we watched that in slow motion like 5 times...crazy.

+ Reply to Thread