+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Runners, Cyclists, Triathletes

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Re: Runners, Cyclists, Triathletes

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    It's a very basic mountain bike. Theres no bells or whistle with this model. The one that is auctioned off is a large bike. I wouldn't be able to fit on it, i'm only 5-6. It retails around $380. I like treks, they are really nice. Trek does a lifetime warrenty on the frame. If it ever cracks or break, you basically get a new bike.

From the pic, it has really knobby tires for off roading. If you want more comfort riding on pavement, I would recommend changing to smoother tires.
    I have a Giant compact that I already use for roads, but I thought $250 was a great (30% off) deal and an opportunity to buy from Tech Sports. I'm a little short for that frame as well. I hope it works out for Mr. Newman. $335 still ain't bad at all.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

I like my brooks adrenalines but thats just me. I wouldn't call myself a serious runner though I mostly run short stuff.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

i'm with you on the Brooks Adrenalines. Best shoes I've ever owned/run in.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Thanks for the recommendations!

Bulldog 809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game

Asics Nimbus changed my life

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 809miss View Post
    Asics Nimbus changed my life
    Asics Nimbus?

Never knew you were a wine connoisseur.

Heard you were going to do the Forrest Gump run up to your new home in PA.

Bulldog 809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game809miss is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Asics Nimbus?

Never knew you were a wine connoisseur.

Heard you were going to do the Forrest Gump run up to your new home in PA.
    Well if I just feel like run-nen for no puhticular reason, I may just do it.

Additionally, I will be happy to host any and all game watching parties for the greater Pittsburgh area.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

I've run the Asics 2-series (now at 2140) for 20 years; great shoe.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Can you serious-runner guys please post your recommendations for running shoes?
    Brian,
    The most important thing you can do is get the RIGHT kind of shoe for you. You need to know the following:

1)what kind of arch do you have; low, medium, or high
    2)are you a pronator or suppinator
    3)what kind of build are you; light, medium, or heavy

These things will help you get the right FIT for you! I think roadrunnersports.com has an online help center you can use!

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RXDAWG View Post
    Brian,
    The most important thing you can do is get the RIGHT kind of shoe for you. You need to know the following:

1)what kind of arch do you have; low, medium, or high
    2)are you a pronator or suppinator
    3)what kind of build are you; light, medium, or heavy

These things will help you get the right FIT for you! I think roadrunnersports.com has an online help center you can use!
    Thanks, RX. I haven't run much in about 15 years, but I'm looking at easing back into it. I figure I'm more likely to stick with it if my shoes are decent.

My current shoes are some Asics 2 series my brother gave me in the late 90s when he got some free Nikes from his bro-in-law's NFL contract. I like them, but I've never really put much thought into shoes before.

Anyway, thanks everyone for your input.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Great minds (or feet) run alike!

Tried some Saucony one time, but went back to asics.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    I'm just getting into Triathlons. I did a super sprint last year here in Mandeville. I am planning on doing the hidden paradise tri this year although training has been sidetracked by the new baby. Haven't done the River cities.
    You should come ride on weekends with team Earthquake. We start at various places from Abita to riding the Washington Parish Hills starting North of Folsom. We even have a route that runs through Grande Hills Estates (where you did Crawfishman). There is a yahoo group message board I can point you to if interested so you will know the rides, etc.

By the way, I am the only one sporting a La. Tech Jersey in that group, so come join and help me get the dawg number up!

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten View Post
    Washington Parish Hills starting North of Folsom.

By the way, I am the only one sporting a La. Tech Jersey in that group, so come join and help me get the dawg number up!
    OK. You've been biking through my front yard. I'll keep a lookout for the Tech jersey.

At times, We start at Cucumber corner at some fish place. It is North of Folsom and hang a left on some road and go about 10 more miles. We ride up near Kentwood and sometimes go by Britney Spear's home.

We have started at some Elem school in Folsom before too.

Anybody else doing IM 70.3 in New Orleans?

+ Reply to Thread