+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great news!

Bulldog baseballfan has turned a few heads around herebaseballfan has turned a few heads around herebaseballfan has turned a few heads around herebaseballfan has turned a few heads around here baseballfan's Avatar

Great news!

We will be playing Northwestern State on Weds and Hawaii travels half way around the world on the weekend, hopefully the boys can kick some butt!

Puppy streaker Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestreaker Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestreaker Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestreaker Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestreaker Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestreaker Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestreaker Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestreaker Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestreaker Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: Great news!

I know I am going to piss off of bunch of the WAC supporters, but Tech needs to being playing the Demons on the weekends and not on Tues. night game. What i mean by that is, Tech, Northwestern, ULM, Southeastern, UNO and so forth all should be in the same conference. I know that AD's don't look at the competitive play on the field. All they look at is $$$. If Tech and all of the schools I mentioned earlier and add a few more schools in there, if the teams would be in the same conference i think it would be great for these schools. The fans would see competitive play on the field and there would be RIVALRYs.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by streaker View Post
    I know I am going to piss off of bunch of the WAC supporters, but Tech needs to being playing the Demons on the weekends and not on Tues. night game. What i mean by that is, Tech, Northwestern, ULM, Southeastern, UNO and so forth all should be in the same conference. I know that AD's don't look at the competitive play on the field. All they look at is $$$. If Tech and all of the schools I mentioned earlier and add a few more schools in there, if the teams would be in the same conference i think it would be great for these schools. The fans would see competitive play on the field and there would be RIVALRYs.
    That'd be a great baseball conference. If we only played baseball, I'd be all about it. But, alas, the moneymakers (Men's Hoops and Football) would be CRAP in that league.

So, no thanks.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Varsity Bulldog dogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the rough dogtrooper's Avatar

Why don't we throw in LSU too, since they're a louisiana school too?

Puppy streaker Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestreaker Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestreaker Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestreaker Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestreaker Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestreaker Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestreaker Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestreaker Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestreaker Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by dogtrooper View Post
    Why don't we throw in LSU too, since they're a louisiana school too?

You're an idiot! Everyone that knows baseball knows good and well that if all the State schools not including LSU would make a great conference. And don't tell me that LSU sucks this year because they do, but year in and year out all the smaller schools would make a great competitive conference. BTW, I am not an LSU baseball fan. So save your comment!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

You're an idiot! Everyone that knows baseball knows good and well that if all the State schools not including LSU would make a great conference. And don't tell me that LSU sucks this year because they do, but year in and year out all the smaller schools would make a great competitive conference. BTW, I am not an LSU baseball fan. So save your comment!
    All that being true, how do you justify moving all your sports to a crappy revenue sport conference for the sake of a relatively non-revenue sport?

Our women's bowling team is legit. Does that mean we should petition to get into a great women's bowling conference?

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Sorry streaker. The other schools in Louisiana stink in the big sports. Conference USA wouldn't be too bad but the southland? You are smokin crack my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    Sorry streaker. The other schools in Louisiana stink in the big sports. Conference USA wouldn't be too bad but the southland? You are smokin crack my friend.
    First off I only smoke crack on Tuesday, so I won't be high until tomorrow. And second off, I agree that the other schools suck in the big sports but it would bring a more competitive balance. I understand that it's all about the $$$. But it would be nice to see more competitive play and more rivalrys. Conf USA would be nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    All that being true, how do you justify moving all your sports to a crappy revenue sport conference for the sake of a relatively non-revenue sport?

Our women's bowling team is legit. Does that mean we should petition to get into a great women's bowling conference?

If you would have read my post, I never said that I wanted to move all sports to a crappy revenue conf. The only thing I was saying "from a fan standpoint", is that it would be nice to see rivalrys back in college baseball at a local level and also see Tech compete for championships year in and year out.

What i mean by that is, Tech, Northwestern, ULM, Southeastern, UNO and so forth all should be in the same conference.
    Hmmm....

BASEBALL YOU GENIUS!! Aren't we on a baseball board??

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Hey genius..if we move into a new conference it won't ba a realigned one just for baseball. It wouldn't be worth pulling out teams from other conferences. And why mess with something if baseball produces hardly any money!?

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Hey genius..if we move into a new conference it won't ba a realigned one just for baseball. It wouldn't be worth pulling out teams from other conferences. And why mess with something if baseball produces hardly any money!?
    ARE YOU SERIOUS??

You guys on here have no clue. Did I say to pull Tech baseball out of the WAC. NO

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

I know I am going to piss off of bunch of the WAC supporters, but Tech needs to being playing the Demons on the weekends and not on Tues. night game. What i mean by that is, Tech, Northwestern, ULM, Southeastern, UNO and so forth all should be in the same conference.
    Uhhhh..you must have forgotten about that.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Yes, but you brought up the point about CONFERENCE. There's a difference.

Also, we play almost all of those schools in non conference games:
    NLULM warchickenwings: 1 home, 1 road (Last year 2 @ home and 2 on the road)
    USLess: 1 home, 1 road.
    NSU: 1 home, 1 road

Not sure when the last time we played UNO... I think last year actually.
    LSpoo: who cares unless they return a home game.

+ Reply to Thread