+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL DRAFT BABY!!!

Big Dog localdawg is an unknown

NFL DRAFT BABY!!!

The NFL Draft is this weekend!!! I know there are plenty of you guys that love this time of year just like myself. What is your team going to do? What do you think that they should do? Most importantly, what do you think that the Saints will do this week? Who will be picked first?

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Re: NFL DRAFT BABY!!!

COWBOYS...Well Mel Kiper predicted us getting Felix Jones at 22 and Desean Jackson at 28.
    So we can count both of those out on the Cowboys draft board.

All jokes aside...
    I think that if we truly have a legit shot at landing Pacman, we will draft Limas Sweed or Reshard Mendenhall at 22 and maybe Felix, Desean Jackson, or James Hardy at pick #28.

If we don't think we can get Pacman, I think we will draft Reshard Mendenhall, Mike Jenkins or Aqib Talib @ 22 and Felix Jones or Brandon Flowers @ 28.

As far as Second Round goes..maybe Bennet from Vandy, Justin King from Penn State, or Doucet from LSU.

Of course all of these predictions depend on who they picked with their previous pick.

BEST CASE would be sign Pacman, he gets to play this year, sign Roy Williams (WR from Detroit), and then trade the first round picks this year for a top pick to get McFadden and then draft the best OT available with the second round pick

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    COWBOYS...Well Mel Kiper predicted us getting Felix Jones at 22 and Desean Jackson at 28.
    So we can count both of those out on the Cowboys draft board.

All jokes aside...
    I think that if we truly have a legit shot at landing Pacman, we will draft Limas Sweed or Reshard Mendenhall at 22 and maybe Felix, Desean Jackson, or James Hardy at pick #28.

If we don't think we can get Pacman, I think we will draft Reshard Mendenhall, Mike Jenkins or Aqib Talib @ 22 and Felix Jones or Brandon Flowers @ 28.

As far as Second Round goes..maybe Bennet from Vandy, Justin King from Penn State, or Doucet from LSU.

Of course all of these predictions depend on who they picked with their previous pick.

BEST CASE would be sign Pacman, he gets to play this year, sign Roy Williams (WR from Detroit), and then trade the first round picks this year for a top pick to get McFadden and then draft the best OT available with the second round pick
    2 Roy Williams on the same team? That is worse than having 2 Adrian Petersons. That is only because they were mortal enemies in college.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by localdawg View Post
    The NFL Draft is this weekend!!! I know there are plenty of you guys that love this time of year just like myself. What is your team going to do? What do you think that they should do? Most importantly, what do you think that the Saints will do this week? Who will be picked first?
    I can answer that last question seeing as how I have the first pick. Run DMC is the first pick. Hopefully I can manage to get a starting QB this year or else I will be telling you who is picked first next year.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Jake Long will go first. He and Miami are already talking about a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    2 Roy Williams on the same team? That is worse than having 2 Adrian Petersons. That is only because they were mortal enemies in college.
    It is possible..he said he wants out of Detriot and when asked what team he would like to play for he said "Dallas."

Jerry Jones likes him also.

Who is your team, Bret?

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

I'm not really feeling it at all this year. Such a weak group of players. Brady Stinkin Quinn goes number one overall in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    I'm not really feeling it at all this year. Such a weak group of players. Brady Stinkin Quinn goes number one overall in this draft.
    It really is. No QB's besides Flacco and Ryan. I think Flacco is THE REAL DEAL.
    Size, arm strength, smarts.

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Saints are looking to either trade up for a DT (Ellis or Dorsey) or trade back for players/picks...if they are to stay at 10 though, I suspect they'll take LB Keith Rivers...

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Saints - trade down for the players listed below with the teams that the saints have been talking to already. That is unless they can make a trade up/deal for DT S.Ellis (Dorsey would cost too much). Then I would still try to pull Shocky or Lito with Ellis on day 1

CB Lito Sheppard (All Pro) - trade down with Philly our #10 ( and a 5th rd or trade 3rd round positions)for their 19 pick in the first round

TE Jeremy Shocky (All Pro) - trade down with NYG, our new 19th pick(and a 6th rd or next years 4th rd) for their 31st pick

OLB Jerod Mayo 31st pick of the 1st round

DT Trevor Laws 2nd round

RB Forte or a center in the 3rd rd

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Dawg Dude, don't look for the cowboys to trade up for Mcfadden. This would be like mortgaging our future for a position that averages a 3 year NFL carrer. JJ likes to gamble, but even he knows that would be dumb. Now if Mcfadden starts to fall b/c of character issues, JJ could trade up to get him, but not in the top 10. I would also look for Dallas to trade down with the second first round pick if someone they like doesn't fall to them. There is more value in trading down than trading up. They still need a cb even with pacman, because he has proven you need a backup plan b/c you can't count on him. About Roy Williams, I think Jerry would jump on a chance to get him or Chad Johnson if all it costs them is a first round pick, but I think the asking price will be much higher.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

They actually had a good article in ESPN the magazine about teams that trade down and teams that trade up and how the ones that trade down usually do better. Especially those taht trade top picks and get 2 or 3 picks later in the draft for the one. They would rather spread their risk out over three picks and hope 2 can contribute rather pin their hopes on the one guy. Cowboys would be dumb to trade their 2 picks in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    It is possible..he said he wants out of Detriot and when asked what team he would like to play for he said "Dallas."

Jerry Jones likes him also.

Who is your team, Bret?
    My team is Calvin Johnson, Greg Jennings, Lee Evans, Chris Chambers, Vincent Jackson, Kevin Jones, Jamal Lewis, Daunte Culpepper, Brady Quinn, Byron Leftwich, Troy Smith, Drew Stanton. I know that isn't what you are asking but that is how I am answering. I like college over NFL and don't have a particular team. I like the Saints, Lions, Jags, Super Chargers, and Ravens as my top teams.

Big Dog localdawg is an unknown

I really like Tyler's scenarios...

I just knew that putting up and NFL Draft post would have Fox chomping at the bit to post...

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by localdawg View Post
    I really like Tyler's scenarios...

I just knew that putting up and NFL Draft post would have Fox chomping at the bit to post...

to much running in my tiny little mind to put it all down here

+ Reply to Thread