+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NFL DRAFT BABY!!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: NFL DRAFT BABY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by localdawg View Post
    I really like Tyler's scenarios...

I just knew that putting up and NFL Draft post would have Fox chomping at the bit to post...
    Thanks! Am I FOX as in FOX News now or does Bluecrew go by FOX? Surly that's not what you meant.

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Saints - trade down for the players listed below with the teams that the saints have been talking to already. That is unless they can make a trade up/deal for DT S.Ellis (Dorsey would cost too much). Then I would still try to pull Shocky or Lito with Ellis on day 1

CB Lito Sheppard (All Pro) - trade down with Philly our #10 ( and a 5th rd or trade 3rd round positions)for their 19 pick in the first round

TE Jeremy Shocky (All Pro) - trade down with NYG, our new 19th pick(and a 6th rd or next years 4th rd) for their 31st pick

OLB Jerod Mayo 31st pick of the 1st round

DT Trevor Laws 2nd round

RB Forte or a center in the 3rd rd
    The Saints are all over the map. I could see them trading up for a DT (Dorsey is probably out of reach, but trading with the Pats or Ravens to trade up for Ellis is a reasonable option), standing pat for a CB, or trading back (for players/picks, like TT suggests, or just picks/picks).

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    COWBOYS...Well Mel Kiper predicted us getting Felix Jones at 22 and Desean Jackson at 28.
    So we can count both of those out on the Cowboys draft board.

All jokes aside...
    I think that if we truly have a legit shot at landing Pacman, we will draft Limas Sweed or Reshard Mendenhall at 22 and maybe Felix, Desean Jackson, or James Hardy at pick #28.

If we don't think we can get Pacman, I think we will draft Reshard Mendenhall, Mike Jenkins or Aqib Talib @ 22 and Felix Jones or Brandon Flowers @ 28.

As far as Second Round goes..maybe Bennet from Vandy, Justin King from Penn State, or Doucet from LSU.

Of course all of these predictions depend on who they picked with their previous pick.

BEST CASE would be sign Pacman, he gets to play this year, sign Roy Williams (WR from Detroit), and then trade the first round picks this year for a top pick to get McFadden and then draft the best OT available with the second round pick
    Well there is Pacman. Not sure if that is good or bad.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Well there is Pacman. Not sure if that is good or bad.
    Who cares if his off the field problems overshadow his on field success?
    The bottom line is he succeeds on the field. And that is about all that matters anymore.

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Who cares if his off the field problems overshadow his on field success?
    The bottom line is he succeeds on the field. And that is about all that matters anymore.
    I would think he should care about his off field problems. If he screws up again, he will not be playing for the Cowboys or anyone else. He hasn't even been reinstated, so the 'boys are taking a big chance. The bottom line with Pacman IS his behavior away from the field.

Ain't working for Chad Johnson right now either. According to his head coach he won't be playing this year after Johnson said the only way he is playing, is if he is traded. When can he be considered retired?...lol..He misses that first game check and he will have his butt in the locker room so fast....Just shut up and play..that should be the NFL's new motto.

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randerizer View Post
    The Saints are all over the map. I could see them trading up for a DT (Dorsey is probably out of reach, but trading with the Pats or Ravens to trade up for Ellis is a reasonable option), standing pat for a CB, or trading back (for players/picks, like TT suggests, or just picks/picks).
    Which makes it so much fun for Saints fans such as myself cause we have no idea what they are gonna do...they've put out so many smoke screens from "we'd take a RB at 10" to "we're trading up to #2"...

Should make for a very exciting, fast-paced draft too with the new time limits as well...

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tdawg87 View Post
    I would think he should care about his off field problems. If he screws up again, he will not be playing for the Cowboys or anyone else. He hasn't even been reinstated, so the 'boys are taking a big chance. The bottom line with Pacman IS his behavior away from the field.

Ain't working for Chad Johnson right now either. According to his head coach he won't be playing this year after Johnson said the only way he is playing, is if he is traded. When can he be considered retired?...lol..He misses that first game check and he will have his butt in the locker room so fast....Just shut up and play..that should be the NFL's new motto.
    My post was a joke..
    plus if PacMan doesn't work out we lost a mid round draft pick and maybe a draft pick in 09..
    Worth the risk IMO

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

My post was a joke..
    plus if PacMan doesn't work out we lost a mid round draft pick and maybe a draft pick in 09..
    Worth the risk IMO
    Actually, the draft picks are conditional picks. Pacman has to be reinstated and play or the Titans will have to send a draft pick back to Dallas next year. His multi-million dollar contract in Tennessee has been torn up and he will negotiate a new contract with Dallas that has no guranteed money. There is no risk for Dallas.

Right, thats why I said MAYBE a pick in 09. I'm excited about it.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tdawg87 View Post
    Funny thing is that if the Bungels handle it correctly, then he'll be back midway through Training Camp (which is prolly all he wants anyways). Fine his butt 5-10K for every mandatory meeting or camp day that he misses. By the time that it racks up to about 100K in Team fines, he'll come crawling back.

I believe it was Steve Young that said DURING HIS PLAYING DAYS, that the general public doesn't want to hear complaining from the rich about being richer. Shut up, take your 12 million a year contract and play some ball.

Does anyone even know why he's upset?!?!

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Funny thing is that if the Bungels handle it correctly, then he'll be back midway through Training Camp (which is prolly all he wants anyways). Fine his butt 5-10K for every mandatory meeting or camp day that he misses. By the time that it racks up to about 100K in Team fines, he'll come crawling back.

I believe it was Steve Young that said DURING HIS PLAYING DAYS, that the general public doesn't want to hear complaining from the rich about being richer. Shut up, take your 12 million a year contract and play some ball.

Does anyone even know why he's upset?!?!
    According to him, it has nothing to do with money and everything to do with his head coach and now qb. He and Marvin hate each other and he feels like Palmer turned on him. The problem here is the Bengals are doing the right thing in principle, but the wrong thing for their team. How much of a problem do you think he will be in the locker room if he does have to come back and play for them? I say trade him for picks to Washington and move on. They offered what could be 2 first round picks. They won't get near that much if they wait until summer.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    I say trade him for picks to Washington and move on. They offered what could be 2 first round picks. They won't get near that much if they wait until summer.
    Good point. That does seem like a no brainer especially since they aren't even in the same conference.

Let's get Rashard, then Mike Jenkins 'Boys!

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Let's get Rashard, then Mike Jenkins 'Boys!
    I like Felix but I am so pissed we passed on Rashard. Dude was my favorite player in the draft.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randerizer View Post

When I heard the proposed trade to KC for Dorsey my mind flashed back to Ditka in dreadlocks. The Saints turned out better since they turned it down and still got Ellis only trading a 3rd round for a 5th round.

+ Reply to Thread