+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terry Bradshaw co-hosts golf tournament at Squire Creek - News Star

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Terry Bradshaw co-hosts golf tournament at Squire Creek - News Star

A new article has been posted on The News Star:

CHOUDRANT ? The "Blonde Bomber" was back on his old stomping grounds Monday as former Louisiana Tech and NFL quarterbacking great Terry Bradshaw was on hand to co-host the Terry Bradshaw/Kix Brooks Golf Tournament at Squire Creek.

More...

Feel free to discuss it here

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: Terry Bradshaw co-hosts golf tournament at Squire Creek - News Star

Anyone pony up for this tourney??

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

"I have to use my “fame” as a Tech alumnus to lead the parade. Gladly, that will be my job. I’ll be actively involved with helping recruit alumni and getting them to see the plan.”

Good to see Terry say that.

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar

I played on a team with:
    Eric Buskirk
    Coach Dooley's father-in-law
    Jeff Springer

Terry B and Kix were extremely happy and very gracious...
    I bought a case of Kix Brooks wine ...the Red Fox variety is smoooth..the proceeds from the wine sales will go to Tech Athletics also...

the Squire in excellent condition
    Super player gifts...

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I was there. The weather was great, and the course was once again AWESOME! I was very impressed with the way Dooley welcomed everybody with a handshake and a smile as we came in the door. And the gift bags this year were better than ever......by far.

I bought some of the signature copies of Kix Brooks' wine too (both the Red fox and the Chardonnay), but I haven't tried them yet. Also, I thought Bradshaw looked better this year....looked like he had lost some weight since I last saw him.

I was disappointed in the turnout. My foursome played in the 8 am morning group, and I thought there should have been more people in the morning flight. There couldn't have been more than 20 to 30 people eating lunch when we came in and ate at around 1 pm. Yes, more than that played golf, but they must have scattered pretty quickly.

HD

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by News_Bot View Post
    A new article has been posted on The News Star:

CHOUDRANT ? The "Blonde Bomber" was back on his old stomping grounds Monday as former Louisiana Tech and NFL quarterbacking great Terry Bradshaw was on hand to co-host the Terry Bradshaw/Kix Brooks Golf Tournament at Squire Creek.

More...

Feel free to discuss it here
    When our famous alumni return to the school to help out, because of their love for Tech, I sure wish the "local" media would refrain from co-opting the event and trying to turn it into an LSU slobberfest. If they can't control themselves for the 2 hours without gushing LSU, I think I would prefer if they just not come at all.

Edit: I writing about this article in particular: http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs...036/1006/rss02

Puppy Free Agent has turned a few heads around hereFree Agent has turned a few heads around hereFree Agent has turned a few heads around here

There were 40 teams in the event, so even with the very few who played morning and afternoon, over 150 people played in the tourney. Seems to me that was an excellent turnout, particularly given the price tag on the team entry.

There was nothing designed to create a social hour, it was a golf tourney with lunch provided and a very nice gift.

Tech is fortunate to have the supporters that the Davisons are and all that they do for Tech. They spent more getting the celeb's in and out of Ruston than most of us will ever give to Tech.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Free Agent View Post
    There were 40 teams in the event, so even with the very few who played morning and afternoon, over 150 people played in the tourney. Seems to me that was an excellent turnout, particularly given the price tag on the team entry.

There was nothing designed to create a social hour, it was a golf tourney with lunch provided and a very nice gift.

Tech is fortunate to have the supporters that the Davisons are and all that they do for Tech. They spent more getting the celeb's in and out of Ruston than most of us will ever give to Tech.

Bradshaw, Brooks, and who else?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I agree the Davisons are great friends of Tech, but, really, gas costs that much from Shreveport? Jet fuel to Nashville and back?
    But of course, you're right most fans/grads never give to Tech . . . that's the problem.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

How many of the teams got comped??

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg View Post
    When our famous alumni return to the school to help out, because of their love for Tech, I sure wish the "local" media would refrain from co-opting the event and trying to turn it into an LSU slobberfest. If they can't control themselves for the 2 hours without gushing LSU, I think I would prefer if they just not come at all.

Edit: I writing about this article in particular: http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs...036/1006/rss02
    Their was no LSU question it was talking about the draft. We played the entire interview over 2 days. It was 33 minutes long 17 about general football about 16 minutes about Tech.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I'm hesitant to ask this, but are we still having the Roaf tournament? Isn't it usually in June?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

In addition to the attendance, I was very disappointed that there WASN'T ANYTHING TO DO!!!

Guys, I'm really not trying to complain...because for the most part, I love the changes that are taking place at Tech these days. But if we want to make these golf events fun enough for people to actually come back to, there needs to be some kind of social event scheduled where everybody can "meet and greet" each other and visit with other Louisiana Tech alumni. Otherwise, I won't be returning.

I drove a long way from north Dallas to Ruston at $3.65 per gallon, spent the weekend away from my family, rented a room at the Ruston Holiday Inn Express for $112 per night, payed $750 for the tournament entry fee and took a whole day off from work just to play in this very quiet tournament.

There wasn't ANY kind of social event scheduled like there have been in years past. There was no silent --or loud-- auction, no cocktail party, no dinner, no back slapping, NOTHING! It was so bad that me and the guys on my golf team had to drive to West Monroe on Sunday night just to get a beer and some wings at Hooters. Rabbs was closed. Monjuni's closed. Other places, closed. And apparently, they STILL don't sell beer in Ruston on Sunday even though we are now in the year 2008. (This is a huge problem for Tech...bigger than most of you think!)

My question: Why didn't Tech have an "evening" social event scheduled the night before at Squire Creek like they've done in years past? This needs to be addressed, because if it's not, I won't be returning.

This was like a "microwave" visit to Louisiana Tech. Just get in, pay your money and get the hell out of town as fast as you can. Very disappointing.

HD

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    In addition to the attendance, I was very disappointed that there WASN'T ANYTHING TO DO!!!

Guys, I'm really not trying to complain...because for the most part, I love the changes that are taking place at Tech these days. But if we want to make these golf events fun enough for people to actually come back to, there needs to be some kind of social event scheduled where everybody can "meet and greet" each other and visit with other Louisiana Tech alumni. Otherwise, I won't be returning.

I drove a long way from north Dallas to Ruston at $3.65 per gallon, spent the weekend away from my family, rented a room at the Ruston Holiday Inn Express for $112 per night, payed $750 for the tournament entry fee and took a whole day off from work just to play in this very quiet tournament.

There wasn't ANY kind of social event scheduled like there have been in years past. There was no silent --or loud-- auction, no cocktail party, no dinner, no back slapping, NOTHING! It was so bad that me and the guys on my golf team had to drive to West Monroe on Sunday night just to get a beer and some wings at Hooters. Rabbs was closed. Monjuni's closed. Other places, closed. And apparently, they STILL don't sell beer in Ruston on Sunday even though we are now in the year 2008. (This is a huge problem for Tech...bigger than most of you think!)

My question: Why didn't Tech have an "evening" social event scheduled the night before at Squire Creek like they've done in years past? This needs to be addressed, because if it's not, I won't be returning.

This was like a "microwave" visit to Louisiana Tech. Just get in, pay your money and get the hell out of town as fast as you can. Very disappointing.

HD
    I wondered the same thing about the "evening" social event myself. I've attended that and it was a lot of fun. Cocktails and a buffet and auctions of Tech stuff. Tons of nice people to visit with and I had my picture made with TB. I don't think they have had that prior to the golf tournament since DD became head coach. It was a lovely event. Not everyone plays golf and not everyone can afford the steep entry fee for the tournament, but they can afford a 35.00 ticket to an event like that. It was a good way to get lots of people out and a chance to meet Terry and Kix. At least I thought it was.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

I played on the team with HD and we had a great time; the golf was great, enjoyed visiting with Bradshaw and talking wine with Kix. Mike is right though, where the heck was the silent auction? Where was the evening with the 'celebs' and the hand shaking???
    The course is fantastic, the weather was perfect and a good time was had by all. However, they did miss some opportunities for some money to change hands.
    By the way, I bought 2 cases of the wine. The 'RED FOX RED' is as good as any table wine I ever had.
    I had an idea and I think that maybe with a new team on board in the athletic department, they may listen. I think that the BB&B (or one of the Internet sites) should/could sponsor a food tent during this event out on the course. It would be a great way for the guys to get exposure with the 'board' without them hearing it is the dreaded 'Internet Guys'. The tournament is lacking in excitement, just like HD was implying, something like that could help.
    We did notice that JO was probably a happier person to visit with than he has been in 13 years! Except for the broken foot, he was as giddy as a teenager. I hope he finds something that allows him to stay that way.

DFiH

+ Reply to Thread