+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 50 Worst Songs

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: 50 Worst Songs

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi View Post

btw, 'n 2gether now' at no time and in no way has ever kicked any kind of ass.
    I agree.

However, I still contend that 3 Dollar Bill Yall is a really good album. Best LB song - Stalemate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4k1V45b-Ww
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I agree.

However, I still contend that 3 Dollar Bill Yall is a really good album. Best LB song - Stalemate.

i dug that for the first minute (through the opening riff) then it was back to what i expect from them.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Never liked him -

Just part of the NASHVILLE cookie-cutter program -

Now I actually like EARLY Garth Brooks - saw him at the State Fair when "Much Too Young" first hit the radio - might have been 500 people in the Hirsch that nite....
    I liked Kenny's first couple of albums ("Me and You" was a good song about the grandparents and there were a couple after that). Then, he made that one album where he was wearing a doo rag and I said I was done. Since then, all of this songs have been terrible. He also tried to act sexy, which is just comical. They have him all greased up and tan on the videos, it is good for a chuckle.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

If you have a top 50 worst songs list and at least half of them arent from the past 10 years then there is something wrong. I can list 25 artists that are in the worst 50 of all time from the past decade. Maybe it is just that all of the old bad ones are forgetful, but this has to be the worst time for music. Kelly Clarkson had 4 number one hits a couple of years ago, who else did it? Michael Jackson. Not two names that should ever get mentioned together.

Seriously:

N Sync
    Backstreet Boys
    Britney (and others of her ilk)
    Durst
    Any American Idol

Junior Highers and 10 year olds are driving the music scene, I swear.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi View Post
    i dug that for the first minute (through the opening riff) then it was back to what i expect from them.
    The problem is that once you get the image of Fred Durst in your head, the stuff seems to suck. He is an annoying a$$hole. When 3DBY came out, no one really knew that about him. This was just a very solid first album for a rap-core band. This album is full of funky bass lines and aggressive guitar riffs.

Sour - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH6vGeiCs4g

Counterfeit - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAFHmIVdWKU
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

The problem is that once you get the image of Fred Durst in your head, the stuff seems to suck. He is an annoying a$$hole. When 3DBY came out, no one really knew that about him. This was just a very solid first album for a rap-core band. This album is full of funky bass lines and aggressive guitar riffs.

i will give you this as a possibility: they may have been decent had durst never been involved. but as it stands...

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post

Junior Highers and 10 year olds are driving the music scene, I swear.
    I'm not sure it hasn't always been that way. We don't know the sucky songs from previous generations as well because they disappear if they are forgettable - oldies stations tend to play hits - not crashes. Our kids and grandkids will know the better (and maybe some examples of the absolute worst) songs from the 90s and 00s - the ones that aren't that good won't stick as well (with obvious personal exceptions - you're always going to have songs you like that most people hate, and some that you really can't stand that otherwise resonable people love).

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I agree.

I used to really respect you.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Rearranged
    N 2gether now (ghetto spelling sucks, but the song kicks ass)
    Counterfeit
    Just Like this
    Nookie
    Break Stuff
    My Generation

Rollin' was overplayed, but that may have also been from Undertaker coming out to it. I'm glad that he went back to being the Dead man. (although I liked the American Bad Ass phase)
    I just like Chicago. It's not one of the worst 50 songs... nor is it the best.

Tom Petty is about the worst of the worst. I'd rather listen to a dying camel than his "music"
    Break Stuff??? Doc, do you realize how unintelligent that music is? That crap is like Liquid Drano for your brain. Fred Durst is about as dumb as a tree stump.

All their stuff sounds like something some angry pre-pubescent 6th grader in detention wrote.

You are a sick, sick man. Seek help!!!

If you wanna listen to that rap/rock stuff, listen to Rage. They smoke Limp Bisquit and they are much more talented musicians.

It does have some decent bass and riffs but Dursts voice is so bad and annoying it makes me want to hit my computer with a baseball bat.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Doc....I just don't know what to say. Someone pimping In 2gether Now while hating on TOM PETTY...just wow. This is an all-timer.

Do you wear lots of hoodies, jorts, and backwards fitted caps?

Limp Bizkit is not anywhere near the same ballpark as Rage. I thought they were a band with potential after the first album. I was wrong.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Limp Bizkit is not anywhere near the same ballpark as Rage. I thought they were a band with potential after the first album. I was wrong.
    Potential to suck.

Wes was all they had.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Break Stuff??? Doc, do you realize how unintelligent that music is? That crap is like Liquid Drano for your brain. Fred Durst is about as dumb as a tree stump.

If you wanna listen to that rap/rock stuff, listen to Rage. They smoke Limp Bisquit and they are much more talented musicians.
    I can listen to the music and have to visualize Fred... who I don't care one way or the other about. I just like to crank up the system (when I had one) to their older music (the first 2 discs).

I LOVE me some RATM. I've got a DVD of them here at work that I put in about once a week and jam to it. But oddly enough, I couldn't get into Audioslave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Doc....I just don't know what to say. Someone pimping In 2gether Now while hating on TOM PETTY...just wow. This is an all-timer.

Do you wear lots of hoodies, jorts, and backwards fitted caps?
    HAHA, not even close... actually it's just polo shirts, a hat, and jeans. I don't even know what 'jorts' are!!

Tom Petty and Bob Dylan may two of the worst SINGERS of all time. Don't come back with the "such a great songwriter" or "amazing lyrics" arguments, because I can't even sit through their terrible voices to hear the lyrics.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Some songs that have come on the radio tonight that should be on the Worst 50 list:

Cyndi Lauper?? - Girls just wanna have fun tonight
    John Mayer - Say
    Ashlee Simpson - (don't know the song, but it's the "on a monday, I am waiting, by Tuesday I am fading" song)

+ Reply to Thread