+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 50 Worst Songs

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Re: 50 Worst Songs

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    I don't even know what 'jorts' are!!

Tom Petty and Bob Dylan may two of the worst SINGERS of all time. Don't come back with the "such a great songwriter" or "amazing lyrics" arguments, because I can't even sit through their terrible voices to hear the lyrics.
    Jorts - an amalgam of Jeans-Shorts. And you should take a break from posting in the Entertainment area. At first I thought you were kidding, but now I'm just starting to feel bad for you.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Potential to suck.
    well they lived up to that.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Tom Petty and Bob Dylan may two of the worst SINGERS of all time. Don't come back with the "such a great songwriter" or "amazing lyrics" arguments, because I can't even sit through their terrible voices to hear the lyrics.
    you can't honestly say fred durst is a better vocalist than tom petty. ever heard the live version of that 'i can see through you' song with the lead singer of staind that durst sang backup for? sounded like he was trying to tune a bobcat.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi View Post
    you can't honestly say fred durst is a better vocalist than tom petty. ever heard the live version of that 'i can see through you' song with the lead singer of staind that durst sang backup for? sounded like he was trying to tune a bobcat.
    You know who else blows live? That guy from Maroon 5.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Cyndi Lauper gets a pass because 'Time After Time' is really, really awesome. Ditto for Culture Club and a ton of other wacky 80s groups that still pumped out a great song or two.

I'm going awful song hunting today. Results later.

SPOILER: No Tom Petty or Bob Dylan

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

John Mayer - Say
    He has some ok stuff - that that song about running around in his high school is pretty difficult to sit through. So bad . . .

That asinine chicken song people feel obligated to play at weddings is top 5 worst ever.
    Angel of the Morning - by anyone, but especially the reggae/rap version.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I bet you loved the Traveling Wilburys! The perfect group for you. :icon_wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travelling_Wilburys

For the record, I really like Petty and Dylan. Dylan's voice is certainly an acquired taste, but Petty is a little easier to learn to appreciate. I'm telling you, it can grow on you if you give it a chance, and then you get to enjoy the great songs (on the other hand - since EVERYBODY and their grandmother covers Dylan, I guess you can still enjoy most of his music without ever having to listen to him sing at all).

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Here is a challenge for Doc -

Listen to these Petty or Petty collaborated songs and then tell me his vocals still suck -

Louisiana Rain
    Breakdown (Live)
    Needles and Pins w/Stevie Nicks (Live)
    Refugee
    You Don't Know How it Feels
    Here Comes My Girl
    American Girl
    Even The Losers
    Southern Accent
    Stop Draggin My Heart Around w/Stevie Nicks
    Handle With Care - Lynne/Harrison/Dylan/Orbison
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

From what I hear, Nick White is pretty upset that "Cotton Eyed Joe" is on the list. He used to get crunk to that in high school.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I bet you loved the Traveling Wilburys! The perfect group for you. :icon_wink:
    It's funny what happens when a bunch of friends (Lynne/Harrison/Dylan/Orbison) shows up at another friend's garage (Petty's) and someone turns on a tape recorder without even the fore thought of recording a record....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    It's funny what happens when a bunch of friends (Lynne/Harrison/Dylan/Orbison) shows up at another friend's garage (Petty's) and someone turns on a tape recorder without even the fore thought of recording a record....

Well, it's funny when those friends do it - if me and my friends tried it, it wouldn't be funny - it would be torturous (for anyone who had to listen to it). :bigcry:

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi View Post
    Believe me, I'm not saying that Fred knows how to sing... those are 2 different styles. What I'm saying is that I liked a handful of their EARLY songs.

Outside would have been an even better song without Fred backing up vocals. They didn't even try to harmonize... it was trying to match pitch, and it didn't work. So 2 points for you there. :icon_wink:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Here is a challenge for Doc -

Listen to these Petty or Petty collaborated songs and then tell me his vocals still suck -

Louisiana Rain
    Breakdown (Live)
    Needles and Pins w/Stevie Nicks (Live)
    Refugee
    You Don't Know How it Feels
    Here Comes My Girl
    American Girl
    Even The Losers
    Southern Accent
    Stop Draggin My Heart Around w/Stevie Nicks
    Handle With Care - Lynne/Harrison/Dylan/Orbison
    I have a feeling that if I even TRIED this, I would throw something at the speakers. I guess that I should add that all I've listened to by him is the same damn 2 or 3 songs that 99X overplays.

Running down the drain (messed up on purpose)
    Free fallin
    American girl

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Believe me, I'm not saying that Fred knows how to sing... those are 2 different styles. What I'm saying is that I liked a handful of their EARLY songs.

Outside would have been an even better song without Fred backing up vocals. They didn't even try to harmonize... it was trying to match pitch, and it didn't work. So 2 points for you there. :icon_wink:

I have a feeling that if I even TRIED this, I would throw something at the speakers. I guess that I should add that all I've listened to by him is the same damn 2 or 3 songs that 99X overplays.

Running down the drain (messed up on purpose)
    Free fallin
    American girl
    Listen to Breakdown..
    Believe me. Give it a try!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Listen to Breakdown..
    Believe me. Give it a try!
    This one??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oa723mxrLQ

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I'm not sure it hasn't always been that way. We don't know the sucky songs from previous generations as well because they disappear if they are forgettable - oldies stations tend to play hits - not crashes. Our kids and grandkids will know the better (and maybe some examples of the absolute worst) songs from the 90s and 00s - the ones that aren't that good won't stick as well (with obvious personal exceptions - you're always going to have songs you like that most people hate, and some that you really can't stand that otherwise resonable people love).

Yeh, I kind of think so too, but what is considered as a classic today? "Oh Baby Baby" by Spears, "Bye, Bye, Bye" by N Sync, seriously what good music overshadows these right now. There is good music out there, but nothing gets more air time or tops billboards like these types of songs do. Maybe it is just because i am in the moment, but I dont see hardly any music from the past decade being played on an Oldies station in 30 years. They will probably still be playing the 60s, 70s and early 80s.

+ Reply to Thread