+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 50 Worst Songs

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: 50 Worst Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    The Indigo Girls version of that song is terrible, but I cannot stand the Indigo Girls anyway.
    The Dylan version is great though. And I think I have heard another pretty good one. Maybe Bruce Cockburn?
    Last edited by inudesu; 06-24-2008 at 08:30 AM.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Hootie and the Blowfish stole lines from Idiot Wind, I guess that doesn't help it's case for not being on the list.
    the line they stole is the only good line from either song (even though it doesn't make any sense).

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    the line they stole is the only good line from either song (even though it doesn't make any sense).

Now that we cleared that up I'll defend "Idiot Wind" I guess if you are judging it on Bob's voice it could be quite annoying, but that could be said about a lot of Dylan songs. The song is sung that way for a reason. He's expressing his annoyance with the idiots around him and the chorus is a scream. It's poetry. Like it or not. Blood on the Tracks is one of Dylan's best.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Now that we cleared that up I'll defend "Idiot Wind" I guess if you are judging it on Bob's voice it could be quite annoying, but that could be said about a lot of Dylan songs. The song is sung that way for a reason. He's expressing his annoyance with the idiots around him and the chorus is a scream. It's poetry. Like it or not. Blood on the Tracks is one of Dylan's best.
    i know what he's doing, and i don't like to listen to it.

with that said, blood on the tracks IS dylan's best. i love that album, but i skip one song almost every time i listen to it.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

i know what he's doing, and i don't like to listen to it.

with that said, blood on the tracks IS dylan's best. i love that album, but i skip one song almost every time i listen to it.
    fair enough

even though i don't think i've heard it in years, i woke up with this song in my head for some strange reason and just had to dig up this thread to nominate it for worst song ever.

december 1963 (oh what a night)

the original link at the beginning of this thread doesn't work any more, so i couldn't check to see if it was already on the list.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

even though i don't think i've heard it in years, i woke up with this song in my head for some strange reason and just had to dig up this thread to nominate it for worst song ever.

december 1963 (oh what a night)
    Motion is seconded.

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Arkansasbob, now its stuck in my head!

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Anything by Shinedown or Nickelback. Don't know what either band is trying to accomplish, but they both realy suck.

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

I was in somebody's house a week or so ago and saw a video on how to do the Macarena... Some people just never throw anything away.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Anything by Shinedown or Nickelback. Don't know what either band is trying to accomplish, but they both realy suck.
    Have you heard Nickelback's second album - The State?

I hate nickelback with a passion now, but that album was solid.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Dawg View Post
    Starland Vocal Band- "Afternoon Delight"
    Willie Nelson & Julio Iglesias- "To All the Girls I've Loved Before"
    Biz Markee- "You Got What I Need"
    Anything by Billy Ray Cyrus
    How can you hate on a song that likely started the "nooner" revolution!!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    Next thing someone will be downing - SLOW RIDE...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the nooner predates 1976.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Enter Sandman - smooth jazz version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBmM7...ayer_embedded#
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

+ Reply to Thread