+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Top 50 Draft Busts

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Top 50 Draft Busts

A Tech player and a ULM player get a reference on the first page. Can you guess which one is good and which one is bad?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=3325687

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: Top 50 Draft Busts

I have to admit - I was looking for Troy Edwards. But I found our boy after some looking around.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I have to admit - I was looking for Troy Edwards. But I found our boy after some looking around.
    I was shocked Troy wasn't on there with some of these names. But then again he didn't do too bad in Pittsburgh his first few seasons. Then he had decent seasons elsewhere. Never up to his potential though.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Troy was light years better than anyone on this list!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    Troy was light years better than anyone on this list!
    he was a legend - in his own mind.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I was looking for Edwards too because he never lived up to his potential. But, it's nice to see a Tech player mentioned in a good way.

They put Alex Van Dyke, from Nevada, at #46. He didn't live up to his potential in the NFL either, but I remember him playing in Ruston his last year at Nevada. It was 1995, Joe Raymond's last year as head coach, and I think it was our Homecoming game, but I could be wrong. It was Crowton's first year as OC and the game was pretty low scoring for the first three quarters. Then, in the last five minutes or so, there were 4 TDs scored. We scored first, then them, then we scored again with only about 1:30 to go. I felt good about the game because the clock was on our side, but our D wasn't stopping their passing game. Van Dyke caught an out route and took it to the house...about 80 yards for the winning score. I remember being so impressed with his speed (as he streaked away from our secondary) that I actually took note of the name on the back of his jersey and followed him when he got drafted.

Technically I guess he was a bust because they expected him to be just as good in the NFL, but I remember being very impressed with him when he played at Tech. He ran away from our DBs like they were standing still on that play.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I remember that. I was pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I was looking for Edwards too because he never lived up to his potential. But, it's nice to see a Tech player mentioned in a good way.

They put Alex Van Dyke, from Nevada, at #46. He didn't live up to his potential in the NFL either, but I remember him playing in Ruston his last year at Nevada. It was 1995, Joe Raymond's last year as head coach, and I think it was our Homecoming game, but I could be wrong. It was Crowton's first year as OC and the game was pretty low scoring for the first three quarters. Then, in the last five minutes or so, there were 4 TDs scored. We scored first, then them, then we scored again with only about 1:30 to go. I felt good about the game because the clock was on our side, but our D wasn't stopping their passing game. Van Dyke caught an out route and took it to the house...about 80 yards for the winning score. I remember being so impressed with his speed (as he streaked away from our secondary) that I actually took note of the name on the back of his jersey and followed him when he got drafted.

Technically I guess he was a bust because they expected him to be just as good in the NFL, but I remember being very impressed with him when he played at Tech. He ran away from our DBs like they were standing still on that play.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    you can't go wrong with a Tech grad/arkansan.

+ Reply to Thread