+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Matt Insell to UK

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Re: Matt Insell to UK

Well, he didn't stay very long, now did he?? Is this an end to the ties to CL's LOSING legacy hires & ( hopefully ) T-Spoon is the first of some WINNING hires? No, I certainly DON'T think Joni & the Stoehrs were losers - they just worked for one!!

Puppy KAjunRaider is an unknown

UK got them a good one. He will excel. Too bad MT couldn't hire him.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Matt's quote:

"I'm very happy to be at Kentucky," Insell said. "What drew me here was Coach Mitchell's passion to take this program to a national championship level year in, year out. His passion to succeed was a big selling point for me. The basketball tradition here means everything and when you think of Kentucky, you think of basketball. This is a special place."

Hmmm....He was at Louisiana Tech, where the coach apparently did NOT have the passion to take this program to a national championship level year in year out....or, he would have probably stayed.

THEN he mentions the basketball TRADITION of Kentucky....when he was working at LOUISIANA TECH. Is there even a comparison between Kentucky and Tech when it comes to tradition of women's bball?

He said Mitchell's "passion to succeed" is what drew him there....which implies that Long's LACK of passion to succeed is what drove him away. Yes, I put words in his mouth, but it's clear to me what he thought of Long and our program.

Thankfully Weatherspoon is coming on board. Hopefully mid-season Long will be fired and she can take over.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

amen

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Question Re: Matt Insell to UK

FFA - Well, welcome back tag-team partner!! I think we're all ASSUMING way too much in hoping that 'Spoon takes over for CL ( even eventually ). If she can help him turn the program around then he'll point to the fact that HE hired her for just that purpose. Unless it clearly seen that SHE'S running the team then I just don't see DR & DD having the balls to turn CL loose ( even though they'd be paying basically for 2 HC's, IMHO. ). Hell, they didn't cut him loose after this past fiasco of a season so why would they do so if/when 'Spoon turns the program back into the right direction? Maybe ya'll see something I don't ( & remember that I'm still one of the folks around here that still thinks CL isn't HC material @ Tech! ).

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

We still have not hired anyone except Spoon.... I wonder what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan71227 View Post
    We still have not hired anyone except Spoon.... I wonder what is going on.
    Perhaps another "nationwide" search??

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

Unfortunately, we weren't able to keep Matt. He had a lot of ties to AAU ball, and with what his dad has done at MTSU, I thought we had gotten a good one. He worked Lady Vol camps and so did Matthew Mitchell, UKs head coach. Well, hopefully we can get some new assistants to help our program get back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by 10cDawg View Post
    Unfortunately, we weren't able to keep Matt. He had a lot of ties to AAU ball, and with what his dad has done at MTSU, I thought we had gotten a good one. He worked Lady Vol camps and so did Matthew Mitchell, UKs head coach. Well, hopefully we can get some new assistants to help our program get back on track.
    I see that he'll be in charge of the guards @ UK. With all the midget guards we have coming in why didn't he ask CL about coaching them here? Of course, this is before 'Spoon was coming back but I wondered about his position within the Techster program from his hire date as he certainly seemed WELL qualified for coaching so why would he "settle" for an adminstrative spot @ Tech if he'd rather be on the courtside? HEY!! Given DR's definition of a "nationwide" search ( basically to the end of the existing bench! ) if he'd stayed here longer he might have been the next HC!! We have idiots at the highest level in the Ivory Tower!!

Why do I feel a red dot coming??
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 04-25-2008 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Why not?

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Perhaps another "nationwide" search??

Kinda hard to do one of THOSE this time around... We have nobody left to promote!

Big Grin Re: Matt Insell to UK

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan71227 View Post
    Kinda hard to do one of THOSE this time around... We have nobody left to promote!

GOOD ONE!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread