+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Announcement Tonight There

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Re: Announcement Tonight There

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    I will say this now...because i will probably change my mind when I wake up tomorrow.

LB misses coaching, obviously. He doesn't want to be head coach, anywhere. At this point in his career, for him to come out of retirement for something he misses, I doubt he wants to rebuild anything...especially his program he spent his entire career building that he has spent the last several years watching be torn apart. Why not go join someone that he coached with for 15 years, won with for 15 years +, and enjoy being part of a national contender and finally retire having made it even stronger. Then he has that tagged onto his legacy as well.

As much as I am upset, I don't blame him for doing it. If LB is going to get back into coaching, outside of a HC position, he cannot do that at Tech right now. He would not be happy. He would be asked to be HC, and would have to say no. He could not be Long's assistant. He probably does not want to have to start over from scratch building something that he already had built.
    RD - U better buy some lottery tickets for tonight because your synopsis is RIGHT ON!! I hope that NO ONE faults Leon for this because he gave his ALL to building the Techster program from what it ONCE WAS. I wish him well!!

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    "Who is Leon Barmore?"
    "And can he play quarterback??"

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

I bet DR couldn't care less that Leon went to Baylor. He probably rolled over in bed this morning, kissed Dooley on the cheek and told him, "Don't worry about what the fans think sweetie..."

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

I just found out about this 15 minutes ago. All I have to say is wow. There are so many things that could have gone down though, and unless LB comes out to say it, we may never know the exact reason for his leaving to Baylor.

I love what DR has done for academics, but as far as keeping a basketball powerhouse alive, he has done the exact opposite. I hate to say it, but he (DR) has only done half of his job. The job of the president should include both academics and promotion of the university, which today is though sports. Not keeping you edge in women's basketball, which is what we are(were) known for nation wide, is not doing ALL of your job correctly.

Granted, men's bball and football are coming of age, but when you ask some sports fan from the 80s to 90s about tech, they will think of the Lady Techsters and how great they were.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Although I agree with most of what you say, read Leon's exact quote. He said there were only two schools that could get him to come out of retirement....Tech and Baylor. I guess Tech didn't make an offer.
    He's been retired since '02. They probably didn't make the offer, but I can read his quote and comfortably say even if they did now, I think at this point he would have said no for all the reasons I stated.

+ Reply to Thread