+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'll tell you what...

Varsity Bulldog DawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I'll tell you what...

This is sick. This is sick, sick, sick, sick, sick. Reneau, Oakes... should be stoned to death at the Lady of the Mist. Long should be thrown off Wiley Tower. We should be DEMANDING his resignation. My hopes and prayers are with Teresa and her journey to bring the Techsters back to at least WAC champions and NCAA participants. But this development says it all frankly. There's a reason Barmore did this and it wasn't about money.

I feel ill.

I wish Kim and Leon all of the luck in the world!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: I'll tell you what...

Quote Originally Posted by DawgGoneMad View Post
    This is sick. This is sick, sick, sick, sick, sick. Reneau, Oakes... should be stoned to death at the Lady of the Mist. Long should be thrown off Wiley Tower. We should be DEMANDING his resignation. My hopes and prayers are with Teresa and her journey to bring the Techsters back to at least WAC champions and NCAA participants. But this development says it all frankly. There's a reason Barmore did this and it wasn't about money.

I feel ill.

I wish Kim and Leon all of the luck in the world!
    I have some anger at Leon over this, as well...........

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I have some anger at Leon over this, as well...........
    Guess we need to get the Mods to merge some of these threads because I'll ask ya again - why ANGER?? Maybe disappointment but still, it's his choice & we need to get the rest of the details before we crucify LB; DR; CL; DD, etc. Just my .02.

Varsity Bulldog DawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

There's no reason to be angry with Leon... No reason in the world. When Kim left, she specifically said it was the issue with the 5th year. No one believed her FULLY. Posters ranted that there had to be some other issue - she didn't want to fill in Leon's shoes or there was something else we didn't know.
    It was never that complicated. EVER. There was never any inside workings - what there was an always has been - AND HOPEFULLY THIS WILL OPEN EVERYONE'S EYES TO IT - is the fact that Dan Reneau, along with Oakes, were unwilling to make the Lady Techsters a priority or share the spotlight. Reneau and Oakes never held the Techsters to the high esteem we all do. They never treated the program with the TLC is deserved. When Kim left, as I have always tried to tell you, it was strictly to do with the administration and their lack of desire to give the continued tradition of Lady Techester basketball whatever it needed or asked for - which wasn't much.

If Kim had been given her fifth year - we wouldn't be having this discussion today. Plain and simple. This would of never, ever happened. Leon may have come back out of boredom and worked as an assistant for Kim with the Techsters - but never would he take the head coaching position back.

Leon going to Baylor - he wants to work, he's bored - and the last couple of years while Kim was at Tech she was practically the head coach anyways -- I mean, he didn't even travel to coach games in Hawaii, Idaho, Boise, etc. But most importantly, he didn't do this to slight the Techters. He did it because he wants to work and the Tech administration is determined to keep their hands in something they shouldn't. It was Tech that ruined the Techsters. Kim and Leon are great people and two of the best coaches in the game. Tech should have done everything in it's power to keep Kim - WHATEVER it would take - and now they are faced with this.

To all of the Tech higher-ups who are determined that one day Tech can be a football school, thank you. Thank you for ruining a precious gift and the pride of Tech - the Techsters can come back and win games and be in the tournament, but they will forever be tarnished. It's really a sad day.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

DawgGoneMad,

You have a lot of red dots, but I completely agree with you.

I am not mad about this at all, but I do believe that this falls squarely on the shoulders of Dan Reneau. For many years I, and others on this board, have been saying that college athletics is a business. We are all reminded of that fact when we see a coach like Gary Crowton have success here and leave for a better opportunity. We were pretty spoiled by a guy like Leon Barmore who consistently competed on a very high level and remained fiercely loyal to Louisiana Tech. Kim and Leon are smart basketball coaches, but also savvy business people who know a winner when they see one. Leon's quote about a program with "a do it right attitude" says it all. Reneau is not committed and his attempt to cover his butt to try and create a 'legacy' before he retires is not fooling anyone.

I do not think this is the end of the world, because I still believe our athletic department as a whole is on an upswing with Dooley, Rupp, Sim, Weatherspoon, and others. But, this is a bad day for the Techsters and one that the program might not recover from.

+ Reply to Thread