+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My stomach turns

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

My stomach turns

I have been on cloud nine all week. Spoon returning definitely hit a chord with me and told me that we were serious about not letting our powerhouse program die on the vine. THEN, this news....... I am honestly at a loss for words. I hope Leon does some more explaining soon. This is embarrassing and humiliating.

I have to say that I am JUST as mad at Leon as I am at Tech. I want the full story on how this happened. Is Leon such a good friend to Long that he didn't want to overshadow him? Leon is friends with Spoon, so that can't be the reason - unless that was the only spot Leon could go into. I know Leon didn't want Long removed, so the HC job was not open.

My stomach has been ripped open now. Tech is like a little weakling with Baylor, not only knocking us down, with the Kim hire, but now kicking sand in our face.

Leon is a legand and he was OUR legand. Does he get the Head Coach Imiterus taken from him now? How can he be that and work for a competitor.

I am sure there is much more to this story, but today I am just sick. I have to go to a funeral today of a long time co-worker. I guess I just experienced two deaths in my world.

I hope Spoon can help Long turn things around. That would be the only saving grace in all of this. Even with that, there is a hole in my heart. How can Leon walk the streets of Ruston any longer?

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Re: My stomach turns

As grieved as I am by this situation, I am trying not to make any snap judgements until the whole story comes out. But, I have to think that if we had a competent administration over the past 15-20 years, this would not have happened.

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I have been on cloud nine all week. Spoon returning definitely hit a chord with me and told me that we were serious about not letting our powerhouse program die on the vine. THEN, this news....... I am honestly at a loss for words. I hope Leon does some more explaining soon. This is embarrassing and humiliating.

I have to say that I am JUST as mad at Leon as I am at Tech. I want the full story on how this happened. Is Leon such a good friend to Long that he didn't want to overshadow him? Leon is friends with Spoon, so that can't be the reason - unless that was the only spot Leon could go into. I know Leon didn't want Long removed, so the HC job was not open.

My stomach has been ripped open now. Tech is like a little weakling with Baylor, not only knocking us down, with the Kim hire, but now kicking sand in our face.

Leon is a legand and he was OUR legand. Does he get the Head Coach Imiterus taken from him now? How can he be that and work for a competitor.

I am sure there is much more to this story, but today I am just sick. I have to go to a funeral today of a long time co-worker. I guess I just experienced two deaths in my world.

I hope Spoon can help Long turn things around. That would be the only saving grace in all of this. Even with that, there is a hole in my heart. How can Leon walk the streets of Ruston any longer?

This just reinforces the fact that TECH blew it with not hiring KMR.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Bring Sonja back and let her recruit. Spoon moves into the HC position next year and Leon comes back. Full circle.

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

"I get to work for someone I know and respect, someone that has the same `doing it right' attitude that I have and someone I know will take care of me." Leon Barmore...

Says a lot.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

This is strange considering the two didn't get along that well. I told you guys earlier that Leon still wanted to coach but I doubt we could've done anything to keep him here as long as DR is still the Prez.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post

Champ,
    Condolences to you regarding your co-workers death. That said, I do feel as if you are truly missing the mark with the above post. You say "how can Leon walk the streets of Ruston any longer?"

The question, in my opinion, is how can LONG walk the streets of Ruston? Yes, you may be right. There may be a lot more that will come of this story. But the FACT remains that Leon CHOSE to go to Baylor. I applaud him for doing so. Great move on his part, great for him, great for Kim, and yes, it sucks for Tech. But as some of us have been saying on here for a while now, the Techsters, as far as the national scene goes, are done. Spoon will have to do more than work miracles to get us back to a place of prominence. You and I may disagree on this, but Long doesn't have what it takes to return Tech to the top 25. He's proven that. Spoon is only an assistant (associate head coach). And with Leon heading to Baylor, well, as great as Spoon is, the Spoon story was a NO STORY on the national scene. The Barmore story will be headlines. With Barmore going to Baylor, there goes our trump card with recruiting better locally.

Others will spin it all they want. Leon's actions and words tell everyone what is going on. Some of us just don't want to hear it.

Big Dog DarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really nice

Guys, never fear, this is the beginning of something very big as Sonja, Kim and Leon return to Louisiana Tech in 19xx to restore Women's Basketball to greatness....YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Champ, you have to be one of the biggest Techster fans I have ever seen. However, after reading your comments, I must say that I am concerned about you. I too used to let sporting events ruin my day until I realized that it was not life or death and it was just a sporting event. I still don't like to lose but I don't dwell on it or let it impact my family's day too.

Just think about it man. The sun will rise again tommorrow.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DarboneDon View Post
    Guys, never fear, this is the beginning of something very big as Sonja, Kim and Leon return to Louisiana Tech in 19xx to restore Women's Basketball to greatness....YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!
    You been holding out on that time machine? I'd like to borrow it and go back and change a couple of decisions and investments.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdawg View Post
    This just reinforces the fact that TECH blew it with not hiring KMR.
    How? Yes Tech blew KMR, but look at Leon's comments. He wanted to coach. If KMR was at Tech no way Barmore would come back and be an assistant. He would be coaching elsewhere if he truly wanted to get back into the game.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Nothing like a good punch in the gut to get your day started.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by BCSDAWG View Post
    "I get to work for someone I know and respect, someone that has the same `doing it right' attitude that I have and someone I know will take care of me." Leon Barmore...

Says a lot.
    Ding-ding-ding!! WE have a WINNER!!!!!

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    How? Yes Tech blew KMR, but look at Leon's comments. He wanted to coach. If KMR was at Tech no way Barmore would come back and be an assistant. He would be coaching elsewhere if he truly wanted to get back into the game.
    So explain to me how being at Tech would be any different? LB wants to coach but NOT be a HEAD coach. He doesn't have that large of an ego ( despite what his appearance indicates & yes, my family knows him ) so he'd have the best of both worlds. He's be an assistant coach & also at his alma mater ( that he built ). Just don't see why everyone is angry at him!

Champ - I second FFA's condolences about your co-worker but again, why be angry @ Leon for doing what he wants to do? Given what we know NOW, it was a simple scenario. KM approached him & he said yes. Now IF CL or DR asked him the same thing before Kim & he said no, then perhaps we have some right to be angry ( or at least disappointed ). Still, it's a free market out there & if U don't like what U're doing at one company then look elsewhere. I am going through a similar situation to where things have changed in management enough that I don't think my employer & I have the same direction in mind. As such, I am looking elsewhere for employment. My co-workers aren't angry at me for considering leaving; in fact, they ALL wish me well if I do go. Hey!! Maybe they WANT to see me go!!

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BCSDAWG View Post

Says a lot.
    Very true. He is speaking directly to Dan Reneau and KMR is slapping Reneau in the face in a very public way. Dan Reneau is ultimately responsible for this. I'll bet Oakes is glad he resigned when he did.

+ Reply to Thread