+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My stomach turns

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Re: My stomach turns

This is what happens when you allow the legacy of the best coach in women's bb be destroyed. He takes his legacy elsewhere.

Varsity Bulldog DawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

May I ask what we do? How does one take such an awful situation for his university and use it to get the administration to open it's eyes. I don't think Reneau cares. Leon wants it to be a smack in his face, as we all do, but at the end of the day, you can't smack someone in the face who isn't paying attention - or who doesn't care.

We have to do something. We can't just take a punch in the gut like this and not -- or do we sit through one more year of agony and just keep on telling Teresa how much we LOVE her... all of our hopes are on her, again someone with little to no head coaching experience --

Can we take out a small ad somewhere? Everyone Tech student and alumni should really know about this and that this is the fault of the administration.... the least Kim and Leon could do is comment about it in a news story???

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

I was hoping I would feel better about this after having slept on it but it is still gut wrenching and I am still disappointed in all of this. What I wonder is if we could have had Coach Barmore take over for next year, build the staff, and mentor Theresa Witherspoon to get us back on track. Then after that one year Coach Barmore could decide if he wanted Theresa to take over the head coaching duties and Coach Barmore taking whatever role he wanted to keep coaching at Tech. DR is so arrogant that he likely would not have given Coach Barmore the time of day and I would bet anything DR never even considered reaching out to Coach Barmore for help.

Kim Mulkey pulled off a big move with this and I wish her and Coach Barmore great success. I have a great admiration for Kim Mulkey. It would not shock me to see Baylor be the next Tennessee as for recruiting and consistent winning and being the premier WBB program in the country. At the same time I think it makes it that much harder for us to recruit. My worry is that even with Theresa Witherspoon we have a huge mountain to climb to get back on the national scene.

I know some folks are high on the promise for MBB and FB and I am to but WBB kept us on the map for many years and many people I know and work with from all different universities know of Tech becasue of the WBB success. It is just so disappointing to have watched over the years as our program has been destroyed. As far as I am concerned this is Dan Reneau's legacy and if he does not get off his ass and right the ship that will be what people will remember. Lady Techsters have always been my favorite team and at least I had the pleasure in high school and college at Tech to see Kim play for Leon and the dynasty they had.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

The name of the thread should be changed to Dan Reneau's Legacy. Leon Barmore's is gone.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Leon's got a sweet deal in Waco...no recruiting, very little travel, and more $ than Tech ever thought about paying him.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BCSDAWG View Post
    "I get to work for someone I know and respect, someone that has the same `doing it right' attitude that I have and someone I know will take care of me." Leon Barmore...

Says a lot.
    "......and someone I know will take care of me."

?? That part of Barmore's statement makes no sense at all to me. Wonder what he is trying to say ??

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    "......and someone I know will take care of me."

?? That part of Barmore's statement makes no sense at all to me. Wonder what he is trying to say ??
    I'm no expert @ reading between the lines but given the small town politics of Ruston & Tech, throw in DR's name & U can figure it out!!

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    I'm no expert @ reading between the lines but given the small town politics of Ruston & Tech, throw in DR's name & U can figure it out!!
    Actually, I can't. "take care of me" with regard to what ?? Leon is a grown man; why is he looking for "someone I know will take care of me" ?? Makes no flippin' sense at all to me.

Puppy james123 has turned a few heads around herejames123 has turned a few heads around here

As an outsider, this makes it seem like Chris Long's job is safe regardless of Spoon's hiring or maybe it was just wishful thinking to think that her hiring was a way to get Leon more involved in the program. I wonder if she knew about this before she took the job.

I can see why Barmore would take the Baylor job but I can also see why Tech fans are so disappointed. I will say though, it always amazed me how Barmore's name is not mentioned as often as it should be when the national audience talks about women's college basketball. You always hear about Pat, Geno and Vivian, then Van, Tara, Coach G, Hatchell, Kay, Kim and then the crop of young upstarts. Folks like Leon, Andy and Wendy Larry seem to be forgotten. Maybe being back on the national stage will remind people. You know they'll be on tv ad nauseum when they get the dunker on campus.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

OK, here's MY take on that statement. DR has clearly shown that he's not really interested in the athletic side of Tech because he wants to turn the university into THE nano-engineering university of the nation ( nothing wrong w/that ). However, the sporting side of a university is equally important when it comes to bring attention to a school. Chances are if U ask someone on the street about Louisiana Tech they'll refer to Terry Bradshaw, Karl Malone or perhaps even the Lady Techsters.
    If LB came back to Tech he'd probably have some "suggestions" to improve the program & those would take $$. DR wouldn't even THINK about putting any extra money into the program, IMHO. I don't think Leon is referring to being personally "taken care of" in terms of finances. He's gonna be well compensated @ Baylor. But now if he has an idea on how to improve the Baylor program I'm certain that Kim will give it some SERIOUS thought & "take care of it." DR didn't listen to LB when it came to keeping Kim so why would he give a s*** now??!! Dumba**!!!!!
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 04-26-2008 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Add comment

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    Champ, you have to be one of the biggest Techster fans I have ever seen. However, after reading your comments, I must say that I am concerned about you. I too used to let sporting events ruin my day until I realized that it was not life or death and it was just a sporting event. I still don't like to lose but I don't dwell on it or let it impact my family's day too.

Just think about it man. The sun will rise again tommorrow.
    Rest assured that I am MUCH more emotional on this board than I am in my everyday life. This was huge, but it just resulted in me turning a picture backwards. :icon_wink:

When you lose a friend like I just did, the world comes more into focus.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    The name of the thread should be changed to Dan Reneau's Legacy. Leon Barmore's is gone.
    Rename the board "Leon Barmore's Legacy that was torn down by Dan Reneau."

Nothing else would be accurate. This is Dan Reneau's true legacy whether he likes it or not.

And those who feel that Leon Barmore should not still be held in a position of honor don't have a clue. He didn't create this mess.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    DR didn't listen to LB when it came to keeping Kim so why would he give a s*** now??!! Dumba**!!!!!
    I was thinking along the same lines. Since DR didn't listen to LB on the KM head coaching job, and LB had to come back and fix the program. Why would LB come back again after DR didn't listen to him the first time? Just something to think about.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

With Dooley as our new athletic director, Barmore knows that women's basketball is not going to get the funding that it once got. Barmore was probably offered at least 300,000 to come to Baylor and he saw it as a way to add some major bucks to his retirement fund. He'll probably work a couple of years and retire again. I'm really curious if he will sell his house in Ruston and his wife will move with him to Waco and move away from the grand kids. I'm also very curious about Kim "taking care of him". I don't think I would have said that.

Thumbs Down Re: My stomach turns

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    With Dooley as our new athletic director, Barmore knows that women's basketball is not going to get the funding that it once got. Barmore was probably offered at least 300,000 to come to Baylor and he saw it as a way to add some major bucks to his retirement fund. He'll probably work a couple of years and retire again. I'm really curious if he will sell his house in Ruston and his wife will move with him to Waco and move away from the grand kids. I'm also very curious about Kim "taking care of him". I don't think I would have said that.
    Again, I think that phrase revolves around Kim showing Leon the same loyalty that SHE showed Tech before DR showed his a**!!!

+ Reply to Thread