+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My stomach turns

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Re: My stomach turns

DR couldn't care less that Leon went to Baylor. He probably rolled over in bed this morning, kissed Dooley on the cheek and told him, "Don't worry about what the fans think sweetie...I certainly don't!".

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Here is my 2 cents worth on what I think happened. As we all saw, Leon was often seen in the blue section shaking his head, putting his face in his hands, and leaving long before the game was over. I think Leon is like the rest of us. He wanted to see the Techsters return to prominence. He saw it wasn't happening. To make things worse, Joni left and took her recruiting talent with her. Then Long fired the Stoehrs, leaving him with NO staff. I would imagine he was heartbroken to see the Techsters program destroyed. Kim, like her or not, is a smart and savvy coach. She lost her assistant and close friend, Jennifer Roberrts. NOW, put yourself in Kim's shoes. She and Leon have remained close. She needed an assistant and probably joked to Leon she would love to have him on her staff. Leon probably surprised her by saying he would love to come. Kim jumped at the opportunity. Leon has not lost his love of Tech. He has grown fed up with DR destoying his Techsters. I firmly believe first and foremost Leon is helping a friend. I also believe he saw an opportunity to thumb his nose at DR. IMHO next time DR walks into the Assembly Center to attend a Techsters game, the fans should attempt to BOO him out of the building.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

"IMHO next time DR walks into the Assembly Center to attend a Techsters game, the fans should attempt to BOO him out of the building."

I like it!!

Hopefully DR has some shame or is too chicken xxxx and will avoid WBB games. He is not welcome by Tech fans. I am still hoping that T-Spoon will revitalize our WBB program and fully believe she can make us respectable again.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Up Re: My stomach turns

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    "IMHO next time DR walks into the Assembly Center to attend a Techsters game, the fans should attempt to BOO him out of the building."

I like it!!

Hopefully DR has some shame or is too chicken xxxx and will avoid WBB games. He is not welcome by Tech fans. I am still hoping that T-Spoon will revitalize our WBB program and fully believe she can make us respectable again.
    I figure he's the later 'cause I don't recall seeing him at any games @ the TAC last season. I'll bring the "Lynch Him!!" signs next season if we can shame him into showing up!!

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

DR could care less about this, just as he could care less about anything athletics. I believe he would be perfectly happy if we didn't play any sports or just were at best connected with the Southland Conference. DR ONLY CARES ABOUT ACADEMICS. Period. These things about our poor teams don't worry him.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan71227 View Post
    Here is my 2 cents worth on what I think happened. As we all saw, Leon was often seen in the blue section shaking his head, putting his face in his hands, and leaving long before the game was over. I think Leon is like the rest of us. He wanted to see the Techsters return to prominence. He saw it wasn't happening. To make things worse, Joni left and took her recruiting talent with her. Then Long fired the Stoehrs, leaving him with NO staff. I would imagine he was heartbroken to see the Techsters program destroyed. Kim, like her or not, is a smart and savvy coach. She lost her assistant and close friend, Jennifer Roberrts. NOW, put yourself in Kim's shoes. She and Leon have remained close. She needed an assistant and probably joked to Leon she would love to have him on her staff. Leon probably surprised her by saying he would love to come. Kim jumped at the opportunity. Leon has not lost his love of Tech. He has grown fed up with DR destoying his Techsters. I firmly believe first and foremost Leon is helping a friend. I also believe he saw an opportunity to thumb his nose at DR. IMHO next time DR walks into the Assembly Center to attend a Techsters game, the fans should attempt to BOO him out of the building.
    Considering post # 31 your 2 cents is worth less than that.

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Considering post # 31 your 2 cents is worth less than that.
    Nobody agrees with every single post someone makes. You are entitled to your opinion. Sorry if you were offended.

Big Dog barkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Wow it doesn't take you guys long to learn who to shift the blame to. Oakes is out of the picture and Reneau is now conveniently there to soak up the blame that would have undoubtedly would have gone to Oakes had he not resigned. The only thing I hate about this is that you guys are going to get so used to criticizing Reneau that when Dooley flops I'm afraid he won't get his share.
    Last edited by barkinloud; 04-28-2008 at 08:52 AM.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

The Lady Techsters need to follow the University of Memphis/John Calipari model:

1) Get big time boosters to bankroll the program. If it has such historical prominence as everyones says, get the big contacts at Coca Cola to give $1 million each year.
    2) Focus on national recruiting. Get the best players available even if they aren't from Pitkin. There is a 6'4" center somewhere that wants to play at TECH.
    3) Schedule mid-time (not big time) programs. Forget about Tennessee, Uconn. Play Notre Dame, Rutgers, etc.
    4) Get Tspoon on TV every day. She is articulate and the face of the program. She needs to be at fundraisers, golf tournaments, out eating dinner in Shreveport.
    5) Make sure the kids get their grades

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barkinloud View Post
    Wow it doesn't take you guys long to learn who to shift the blame to. Oakes is out of the picture and Reneau is now conveniently there to soak up the blame that would have undoubtedly would have gone to Oakes had he not resigned. The only thing I hate about this is that you guys are going to get so used to criticizing Reneau that when Dooley flops I'm afraid he won't get his share.

Selective memory. This is not a new problem, nor is it the first time it has been discussed. It has been ongoing for several years.

Varsity Bulldog beefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nice beefcakes's Avatar

We have to realize that Leon invested a lot of time and effort grooming KMR into his rightful successor only to have our administration (for the lack of a better term) urinate on those plans. He does have a lot of respect for Kim. She has a lot of respect for Leon. They have both sent a strong message to President Dan and Co.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Down Re: My stomach turns

Quote Originally Posted by beefcakes View Post
    We have to realize that Leon invested a lot of time and effort grooming KMR into his rightful successor only to have our administration (for the lack of a better term) urinate on those plans. He does have a lot of respect for Kim. She has a lot of respect for Leon. They have both sent a strong message to President Dan and Co.
    But did they GET IT????? Past exeriences w/DR say - NO!!!

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan71227 View Post
    DR couldn't care less that Leon went to Baylor. He probably rolled over in bed this morning, kissed Dooley on the cheek and told him, "Don't worry about what the fans think sweetie...I certainly don't!".

too funny

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    This is strange considering the two didn't get along that well. I told you guys earlier that Leon still wanted to coach but I doubt we could've done anything to keep him here as long as DR is still the Prez.

Not really. George Steinbrenner and Billy Martin hated each other.....but they sure won a lot of championships together.

HD

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    The Lady Techsters need to follow the University of Memphis/John Calipari model:

1) Get big time boosters to bankroll the program. If it has such historical prominence as everyones says, get the big contacts at Coca Cola to give $1 million each year.
    2) Focus on national recruiting. Get the best players available even if they aren't from Pitkin. There is a 6'4" center somewhere that wants to play at TECH.
    3) Schedule mid-time (not big time) programs. Forget about Tennessee, Uconn. Play Notre Dame, Rutgers, etc.
    4) Get Tspoon on TV every day. She is articulate and the face of the program. She needs to be at fundraisers, golf tournaments, out eating dinner in Shreveport.
    5) Make sure the kids get their grades
    There is more to the story than mentioned in this post.

How many people live in Memphis and how many people go the school? How many people do they have as an average attendance? What kind of businesses do they have in Memphis?

I'm not saying we can't get big time boosters, but "step 1" is definitely not "get big time boosters to bankroll the program." We're going to have to grow to that. Step one has to be take advantage of the opportunities we can now for sponsorships and grow attendance. Why would coke want to advertise in a building to two thousand people a night? They can advertise to more than that on cable television (plus, they don't need to advertise on campus now that they have that exclusive contract).

I think after you have money, number two gets easier. When Coach Long flies out to recruit a player, he's recruiting against coaches who flew in on a chartered flight and schools who have money. However, I think TSpoon will greatly offset this. Look for some really talented players to be coming in soon.

+ Reply to Thread