+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: misguided anger and frustration

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

misguided anger and frustration

IMO

The frustration and anger directed toward Leon is off target. He said "there are only two schools that could bring me out of retirement, Tech and Baylor."

So does this mean Tech COULD have offered him an assistant position?

The BIG difference that shows right now is that Kim is secure enough to hire a legend to be an assistant. Long's fragile ego (as demonstrated by his embarrassing firing of Stoehr in which he attempted to place the blame somewhere besides his own two feet) could not have handled Barmore sitting on the bench. And the egos of the Tower Powers seemingly loom over this as well.

Leon's move says a lot, and I guess we all now know where he stands when it comes to the Kim vs. Ivory Tower Powers debacle.

Congratulations Coach Barmore and Coach Mulkey. While Tech continues its downward spiral (in wbb) you've successfully made the decisions necessary to keep a program near/at the top.

Bulldog dawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the ears dawgette's Avatar

Re: misguided anger and frustration

tech has already brought him out of retirement one time. i think that is what he is referring to.... only two schools, one time it was tech, now it is baylor.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I don't fault anyone for being disappointed in Leon.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Angry Re: misguided anger and frustration

Anyone who speaks badly of LB after all he's done for the Techster program is an idiot & I'll say that to their face!! If not for F Jay; Leon & Sonja there wouldn't BE a Techster program. First LB built it up then postponed his retirement when DR showed his a** in the contract power play pissing contest w/Kim. What else do U want from the man??!! He's too classy of a gentleman to "force" himself into CL's world unless he was asked first ( & apparently he wasn't - makes 2 dumba**es we have in the program!! ).
    I find it both ironic & funny that DR has let 2 of the MOST IMPORTANT parts of the Techster legacy go to the same place. At least LB went on his own accord. I just wonder if 'Spoon knows what she's gotten herself into????

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Anyone who speaks badly of LB after all he's done for the Techster program is an idiot & I'll say that to their face!!
    Being disappointed and speaking badly of someone are not the same thing. I do appreciate what Leon has done, but the FACT is that he CHOSE to come out of retirement to help a program that is not Louisiana Tech. Can't really slice that any other way. He's chosen to leave the Tech family. Its as simple as that. If that makes me an idiot, I'll send you a PM next time I'm in A-Town and I'll let you call me that over some shrimp soup at the cottage...
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Up Re: misguided anger and frustration

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Being disappointed and speaking badly of someone are not the same thing. I do appreciate what Leon has done, but the FACT is that he CHOSE to come out of retirement to help a program that is not Louisiana Tech. Can't really slice that any other way. He's chosen to leave the Tech family. Its as simple as that. If that makes me an idiot, I'll send you a PM next time I'm in A-Town and I'll let you call me that over some shrimp soup at the cottage...
    It's a deal @ the Cottage ( YOU'RE buying, right?? :icon_wink: )!!

I think we ALL ( myself included ) are having somewhat of a knee-jerk reaction to this. As difficult as it may be, I guess we need for the "rest of the story" ( as Paul Harvey says ) to come out. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that it will be much like the DR/KM contract story - the WHOLE story will never be known other than by the parties involved.

Gene

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Going to be interesting when LB shows up for church tomorrow morning...

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Anyone who speaks badly of LB after all he's done for the Techster program is an idiot & I'll say that to their face!!
    It is kind of like having your wife give you great sex for 20 years and then she cheats on you with a more attractive man. How dare you be disappointed in her or speak bad of her - she gave you a great 20 years. :icon_wink:
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Big Grin Re: misguided anger and frustration

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    It is kind of like having your wife give you great sex for 20 years and then she cheats on you with a more attractive man. How dare you be disappointed in her or speak bad of her - she gave you a great 20 years. :icon_wink:
    Damn!! THAT'S GOOD!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 04-26-2008 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Add comment

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    IMO

The frustration and anger directed toward Leon is off target. He said "there are only two schools that could bring me out of retirement, Tech and Baylor."

So does this mean Tech COULD have offered him an assistant position?

The BIG difference that shows right now is that Kim is secure enough to hire a legend to be an assistant. Long's fragile ego (as demonstrated by his embarrassing firing of Stoehr in which he attempted to place the blame somewhere besides his own two feet) could not have handled Barmore sitting on the bench.
    I have no interest in defending Long, but I don't buy your reasoning.

First, if Kim told Leon he didn't have to recruit (as has been reported) then Tech really couldn't have used him. We desperately need to recruit a lot better. A coach who doesn't want to shake the bushes constantly isn't what we need now (which may be a knock on Long, but that's a whole different matter).

Second, there's no way a coach in Long's position could bring in Leon. Kim is secure because she has a national title. If Long won with Leon on the bench, he'd get no credit whatsoever for it. He might as well just resign as bring in that kind of coach. It's the reality of the situation--not just ego--that matters there.

I'm not mad at Leon. He got an offer to do what he loves in a way that he loves. Can't blame him. OTOH, I don't see how Tech could have hired him into what he wanted.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    I have no interest in defending Long, but I don't buy your reasoning.

First, if Kim told Leon he didn't have to recruit (as has been reported) then Tech really couldn't have used him. We desperately need to recruit a lot better. A coach who doesn't want to shake the bushes constantly isn't what we need now (which may be a knock on Long, but that's a whole different matter).

Second, there's no way a coach in Long's position could bring in Leon. Kim is secure because she has a national title. If Long won with Leon on the bench, he'd get no credit whatsoever for it. He might as well just resign as bring in that kind of coach. It's the reality of the situation--not just ego--that matters there.

I'm not mad at Leon. He got an offer to do what he loves in a way that he loves. Can't blame him. OTOH, I don't see how Tech could have hired him into what he wanted.
    Considering your post, you are correct. I just wanted to find a way to blame it on Long.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    The difference in your analogy is that in this case they were divorced and you would have no right to complain. That said, it feels very much like a huge slap in the face, but Leon has every right to do what he choses to do- but I surely do hate it.
    Last edited by Cal&Ken; 04-26-2008 at 08:40 PM.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

You can't blame me or Coach Barmore for the sad shape of the Lady Techsters. We are both CHAMPS members

FOF, skip the make up counter at the department stores at shop at Walgreens or Target for a few months and send that savings to www.latechchamps.com

Puppy longtimetechsterfan seems to have something between the earslongtimetechsterfan seems to have something between the earslongtimetechsterfan seems to have something between the earslongtimetechsterfan seems to have something between the earslongtimetechsterfan seems to have something between the earslongtimetechsterfan seems to have something between the earslongtimetechsterfan seems to have something between the ears

i'm not mad at leon. how many times does he have to save the program before we're satisfied? i'm mad at the people who let him walk, let kim walk and will let tspoon walk. he's going to be 64 years old. he wants to kick back and relax. tech can't afford that right now. literally. kim will appreciate him without feeling threatened. i really want to believe we can turn this thing around but i just don't see it happening. if long couldn't handle leon getting credit for tech's resurgence if leon came back, how is he going to handle the same with tspoon? he'll be in her way in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    You can't blame me or Coach Barmore for the sad shape of the Lady Techsters. We are both CHAMPS members

FOF, skip the make up counter at the department stores at shop at Walgreens or Target for a few months and send that savings to www.latechchamps.com
    Poor Clyde. Poor poor pitiful Clyde. Still thinks his Champs money is going to good use. I'll make a deal with you: I'll give up the department store makeup and shop at Target if you'll give up relations with your cousins and venture beyond your own bloodline.:icon_wink:

+ Reply to Thread