+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: misguided anger and frustration

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Question Re: misguided anger and frustration

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Poor Clyde. Poor poor pitiful Clyde. Still thinks his Champs money is going to good use. I'll make a deal with you: I'll give up the department store makeup and shop at Target if you'll give up relations with your cousins and venture beyond your own bloodline.:icon_wink:
    Somehow ( & I can't believe I'M getting involved in this!! ) I don't think that $$ was the issue w/Leon leaving or the shape of the program. Yes, I was willing to kick in some $$ to buy out CL's contract but I'm not the moron that gave him that WELL DESERVED extension. So using Clyde's line of thinking, if CL donates to CHAMPS then is HE also not responsible for the 'sad state of the Techster program"??
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 04-27-2008 at 09:17 AM.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: misguided anger and frustration

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    I have no interest in defending Long, but I don't buy your reasoning.

First, if Kim told Leon he didn't have to recruit (as has been reported) then Tech really couldn't have used him. We desperately need to recruit a lot better. A coach who doesn't want to shake the bushes constantly isn't what we need now (which may be a knock on Long, but that's a whole different matter).

Second, there's no way a coach in Long's position could bring in Leon. Kim is secure because she has a national title. If Long won with Leon on the bench, he'd get no credit whatsoever for it. He might as well just resign as bring in that kind of coach. It's the reality of the situation--not just ego--that matters there.

I'm not mad at Leon. He got an offer to do what he loves in a way that he loves. Can't blame him. OTOH, I don't see how Tech could have hired him into what he wanted.
    Actually, a very logical post. Thank you. It helped me. Still hurting, but your post is correct.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    I have no interest in defending Long, but I don't buy your reasoning.

First, if Kim told Leon he didn't have to recruit (as has been reported) then Tech really couldn't have used him. We desperately need to recruit a lot better. A coach who doesn't want to shake the bushes constantly isn't what we need now (which may be a knock on Long, but that's a whole different matter).

Second, there's no way a coach in Long's position could bring in Leon. Kim is secure because she has a national title. If Long won with Leon on the bench, he'd get no credit whatsoever for it. He might as well just resign as bring in that kind of coach. It's the reality of the situation--not just ego--that matters there.

I'm not mad at Leon. He got an offer to do what he loves in a way that he loves. Can't blame him. OTOH, I don't see how Tech could have hired him into what he wanted.
    I agree with you except that Leon will be a potent recruiting tool, he just won't have to leave campus to do it.

I'm not mad at Leon. I'm just disappointed that we're in a position that we couldn't keep him in Ruston. It's sad.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    I agree with you except that Leon will be a potent recruiting tool, he just won't have to leave campus to do it.

I'm not mad at Leon. I'm just disappointed that we're in a position that we couldn't keep him in Ruston. It's sad.
    DITTO!!!

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Actually, a very logical post. Thank you. It helped me. Still hurting, but your post is correct.
    I did not intend to imply that you didn't have the right to be angry. I get it. I just thought "anger" was the wrong emotion and when you asked how could Leon walk the streets of Ruston ever again...well, I forgot that emotions were running high when you wrote that. I took it a bit too literally.

But as you've said many, many times, all we can do is look toward next season.

If there is going to be improvement next season, then we landed the best chance of seeing that when Spoon signed on. It does look more difficult now that Leon has gone to Baylor (attention, recruiting, legacy, etc.) but none of us really knew how much Leon was involved with Long if at all.

Frown Re: misguided anger and frustration

[quote=fanfromafar;605567]I did not intend to imply that you didn't have the right to be angry. I get it. I just thought "anger" was the wrong emotion and when you asked how could Leon walk the streets of Ruston ever again...well, I forgot that emotions were running high when you wrote that. I took it a bit too literally.

But as you've said many, many times, all we can do is look toward next season.

If there is going to be improvement next season, then we landed the best chance of seeing that when Spoon signed on. It does look more difficult now that Leon has gone to Baylor (attention, recruiting, legacy, etc.) but none of us really knew how much Leon was involved with Long if at all.

Obviously NOT AT ALL in terms of learning how to be a HC!!!!

Big Dog TXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the rough TXDAWG81's Avatar

:icon_wink: Anybody have any idea how much Kim is paying Leon? Could it be the $ that lured him to Waco? He'll probably make more per year working at Baylor as an assistant than he ever made at Tech. A couple or three years at $200k/per and he's got a pretty good retirement nest egg. Always remember to follow the money when all else fails to explain why something has happened.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TXDAWG81 View Post
    :icon_wink: Anybody have any idea how much Kim is paying Leon? Could it be the $ that lured him to Waco? He'll probably make more per year working at Baylor as an assistant than he ever made at Tech. A couple or three years at $200k/per and he's got a pretty good retirement nest egg. Always remember to follow the money when all else fails to explain why something has happened.
    For 25 years, Leon could have followed the money. He didn't.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Follow the Mulkey is the story here. Not follow the money.:icon_wink:

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar

Leon did not want to be a head coach. If he became a Techster assistant, he would have been around to watch Long continue to screw up the program and eventually be replaced by another head coach. He may have also thought he would be in T Spoon's way of progressing to the head coach level.

He made the right choice for him and T Spoon.

Big Dog TXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the rough TXDAWG81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Follow the Mulkey is the story here. Not follow the money.:icon_wink:
    Not sure what you mean.......? I didn't think Leon & Kim were that close.

Does anyone know what Leon's salary will be?

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Not sure what you mean.......? I didn't think Leon & Kim were that close.

Does anyone know what Leon's salary will be?
    I mean Leon could have made a $**tload of money at any BCS school or the WNBA anytime he got ready. I don't mean there is any impropriety in their relationship at ALL. And while their relationship has at time been turbulent I think they have the utmost respect and regard for each other and they have remained close friends through the years. Had that not been the case I don't think he would have gone anywhere with anyone else just for money. That's what I meant.

+ Reply to Thread