View Poll Results: Who is your preferred assistant coach?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coach Barmore

27 54.00%
  • Coach TSpoon

23 46.00%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who would you rather have as Assistant HC?

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Who would you rather have as Assistant HC?

I'll be honest and say I'd rather have TSpoon. Not that I don't believe in Coach Barmore or that I don't think he can win, but the game has changed a lot and I think we'll be happy with what TSpoon brings to the table. Remember, past performance is not always indicative of the future.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Re: Who would you rather have as Assistant HC?

I don't think the assistant coach is the issue. Put up a poll as to who we would rather see as the head coach. The one we have now or almost anybody else in the world.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    I don't think the assistant coach is the issue. Put up a poll as to who we would rather see as the head coach. The one we have now or almost anybody else in the world.
    There's MY vote!!!

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Be careful when you wish for "anybody else in the world." People really enjoy the overuse of the phrase, "it couldn't get any worse," but believe me it can.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Big Grin Re: Who would you rather have as Assistant HC?

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    Be careful when you wish for "anybody else in the world." People really enjoy the overuse of the phrase, "it couldn't get any worse," but believe me it can.
    Good point, AG but I'll take my chances!!

Puppy longtimetechsterfan seems to have something between the earslongtimetechsterfan seems to have something between the earslongtimetechsterfan seems to have something between the earslongtimetechsterfan seems to have something between the earslongtimetechsterfan seems to have something between the earslongtimetechsterfan seems to have something between the earslongtimetechsterfan seems to have something between the ears

to be honest, i think it's a wash because i don't think tspoon is going to be here very long. it's obvious to anyone that long is not the answer at head coach, yet they hire tspoon as an assistant. i think her hire is only a pacifier or a stop gap. leon leaving makes it even easier to see it that way. think about it. if he thought tspoon was going to embark on a career here and really be the head coach in a year or two, i don't think he'd have left because he'd know he'd have the perfect opportunity to do just what he's doing with kim at baylor since we know that if tspoon was the head coach at tech without that imbecile for a boss, our standards would be significantly higher. i doubt that they haven't spoken to each other since she got hired and kim said she made this move in the last 10 days. tspoon's been on board for two weeks. tspoon would never say no to having him on her staff or having him around the program. i think tspoon agreed to the deal because she wanted to gain some coaching experience on her resume. long wanted to bring in a "name" to get people off his back. i think we'd be crazy to think that if tspoon's name starts coming up for jobs around the country or in the wnba that she wouldn't take the money and better coverage and run. once she starts filling up her resume with something other than semi-pro ball, she'll have her pick of jobs. i don't think she wants to stay in ruston anyway after living in new york and la for the last decade. she's not going to stay at tech to be playing boise state or losing to ulm. our athletic department isn't helping matters. her hire should have been plastered everywhere. we're going to end up with the same frustration in a year or two when tspoon is the next in line to be screwed over by d.r. she'll be gone to greener pastures just like kim and leon. they're setting it up so that they can say, "see we tried" when tspoon ends up resigning to coach at a bcs school or gets a bag of money thrown at her by a wnba owner. i hate to be a downer, but i've been watching this team play since tspoon was slapping the floor. leon leaving, kim in waco laughing and d.r, long and dooley still being here as we rest our laurels on tspoon picking up the pieces disgusts me.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I'd choose option C: Spoon as HC with Barmore as her Associate HC. If I had said that last week, though, folks would have thought I was crazy. I guess it is still plausible, but obviously CL (and most likely DR) would have to be gone first.

Big Grin Re: Who would you rather have as Assistant HC?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    I'd choose option C: Spoon as HC with Barmore as her Associate HC. If I had said that last week, though, folks would have thought I was crazy. I guess it is still plausible, but obviously CL (and most likely DR) would have to be gone first.
    And the problem with this is?????? :icon_wink:

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Was Leon in attendance when TSPOON made her announcement??

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

anybody but Chris Long.

+ Reply to Thread