+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Malcolm Butler!

Varsity Bulldog DawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Hey Malcolm Butler!

Since we didn't get the Spoon press release out for whatever reason -- some of the excuses on other threads make zero sense (he was shocked?? So what - he wrote a press release and conducted interviews for latechsports) --
    Regardless, now that the Barmore coaching announcement is out there, it sure would be great if we could make a big to-do about TSpoon now so it doesn't look like we're dead. Side by side headlines on espn would look pretty nice -- Barmore takes position at Baylor. Former Techster takes Associate head coach position at Louisiana Tech...

Please??

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: Hey Malcolm Butler!

It'll be more effective if you email him your thoughts than post a thread on bb&b.

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

Also, Malcolm Butler does an excellent job and DID get the media to cover the story. It was big time news on each station in my area and on the radio and in print. I saw it statewide and elsewhere.

The story led the Sports on the biggest station in this market.

All this trashing people just to trash them is out of hand and not very respectful of the good work people(like Malcolm) do to help Tech on a tight budget and giving a great amount of personal time and effort due to lack of staff and resources.

Much of which could be improved if someone specifically like the poster would support the program financially and buy season tickets and do more than complain. Turn all that negative energy into helping Tech instead of tearing people down.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Malcolm does a great job for what he is given to work with and he is a very dedicated Tech person.

We need more people like him.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Up Re: Hey Malcolm Butler!

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Malcolm does a great job for what he is given to work with and he is a very dedicated Tech person.

We need more people like him.
    I second this statement!!

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theinsider View Post
    Also, Malcolm Butler does an excellent job and DID get the media to cover the story. It was big time news on each station in my area and on the radio and in print. I saw it statewide and elsewhere.

The story led the Sports on the biggest station in this market.

All this trashing people just to trash them is out of hand and not very respectful of the good work people(like Malcolm) do to help Tech on a tight budget and giving a great amount of personal time and effort due to lack of staff and resources.

Much of which could be improved if someone specifically like the poster would support the program financially and buy season tickets and do more than complain. Turn all that negative energy into helping Tech instead of tearing people down.
    I did not read his post to be bashing as much a request to get some coverage. There might have been some coverage on local stations in Shreveport or Monroe but I cannot find any information on ESPN or by doing Live.com news searches. The idea would be to offset the bad news with Barmore leaving with some positive coverage for Tech. Theresa Witherspoon is very respected and well known and her coming back to Tech to coach should be worthy of national coverage by ESPN and print coverage elsewhere. Maybe they are waiting on the official hiring process to complete to announce but I to would like to see this be broadly covered.

Varsity Bulldog DawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Thanks DFW - I wasn't trashing him here - I was asking him - he reads this, so there's no sense on calling him. I'd prefer he read it on his own terms and was hoping people would agree -- which would give Malcolm the added momentum to make it happen.

I'll give money to Tech athletics when I believe in the direction and leadership of the department. I have given money specifically to the journalism department and my fraternity - two programs I believe in.

Plus, all I was saying was I'd like to see the headline above Barmore to Baylor say ALL-AMERICAN and WNBA ALL-STAR TO COACH LA. TECH!

Also, it's great when people are dedicated - but it doesn't make them good at their jobs.
    Chris Long comes to mind....

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think anyone is bashing Malcolm Butler. If any of my posts have come across that way, it was not intended. The fact is that Tech did a poor job of media blitzing on this. The honest truth, though, is that it is NOT TOO LATE!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

People, keep in mind that TSpoon hasn't been officially approved. How's it going to look to release a story about her accepting a position and then she not get it? Not that that is going to happen, but it needs to be official.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Why is everyone getting their jockeys in a wad about how much or how little media coverage the TSpoon addition to the coaching staff is getting? The local media seemed to have covered it adequately. As for regional or national coverage, Tspoon's coaching ability (an unknown) and the performance of the Techsters on the court next year will be the determining factor of whether wider coverage should have been merited..

The appeal of the Barmore to Baylor story is due to the statue of Leon Barmore and the novelty that a former highly successful head coach is going to work for a successful head coach that was a former player and assistant coach of the former head coach. Now, how is that for clarifying this mess?

Varsity Bulldog rustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Why is everyone getting their jockeys in a wad about how much or how little media coverage the TSpoon addition to the coaching staff is getting? The local media seemed to have covered it adequately. As for regional or national coverage, Tspoon's coaching ability (an unknown) and the performance of the Techsters on the court next year will be the determining factor of whether wider coverage should have been merited..

The appeal of the Barmore to Baylor story is due to the statue of Leon Barmore and the novelty that a former highly successful head coach is going to work for a successful head coach that was a former player and assistant coach of the former head coach. Now, how is that for clarifying this mess?
    Agree 100%. Bottom line -- Louisiana Tech hiring an assistant coach, no matter who it is (unless it happened to be someone like Leon or a former nationally prominent head coach), is not national news. It's just not. In the current state of the game, Tech is not relevant in women's basketball. It's not national news when any other program hires assistant coaches, even those that have been successful players for their program. Like Sharky said, the Leon-to-Baylor thing is ONLY national news because he's Leon effin' Barmore. I don't understand why this is so hard to figure out.

Outside of the box you are in, there are these websites called ESPN, Yahoo Sports and Fox Sports. If you go to them, you can click on WOMEN'S BASKETBALL. There, they have headlines like:

Cullop the new coach at Toledo
    ESPN:
    Santa Clara hires Gonzaga coach
    South Carolina someone or other resigns
    Boston College coach resigns after 15 seasons

Yahoo:
    Someone is "rebuilding" Southern Illinois' program!!??!!
    McFerrin named Memphis women's coach
    Toledo hires Evansville coach Cullop
    Illini women's hoops signs four more, bolsters…

I was going to say if you didn't think TSpoon and Tech were deserving of one of these headlines you were an idiot, but you are an idiot so there's no need to say that. This is news in the world of women's basketball - more so than any of these other headlines. TSpoon is one of the greatest players of all time and the Techsers are one of the greatest programs... Oh, and these stories, head coaching hire stories, always end with PENDING THE APPROVAL OF THE BOARD or whatever, so that's not the reason.

And now that the top story is BARMORE going to Baylor, it sure would be nice to counter balance that with TSPOON joing Tech -- AND JUST SO YOU KNOW, SHE'S ASSOCIATE HEAD COACH not ASSISTANT. That's an important title differential.

Ruston Dawg - really... I re-read your post. You are BRILLIANT.

And it news is OFFICIAL. It's just pending.

+ Reply to Thread