+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Turf Pics (with stripes)

Champ littleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the rough

New Turf Pics (with stripes)

I apologize for the angle, but we snuck in and were trying to not be seen. It also seems as though my computer will for some reason not show the image right side up? Oh well, stand on your heads.

Also... lets say, hypothetically of course, that someone managed to get a hold of some turf.... how much would you be willing to pay for say a square foot?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: New Turf Pics (with stripes)

For obvious legal reasons the university and the manufacturer have agreed not to discuss the warranty replacement of the JAS turf.

At the rate the workers are going, it should be completed IMHO rather quickly.
    I had no trouble with a 360 around the field Saturday afternoon. This was before the endzones were shaved for the red, blue and white inlays.
    BTW, the square foot of turf I grabbed has blades the same length as the sample I grabbed from the original "gray look" turf.
    And, the new blades are rolled up lengthwise instead of flat, so hopefully no reflections from our bright, bright lights.:icon_wink:
    enjoy
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by littleshoe View Post
    I apologize for the angle, but we snuck in and were trying to not be seen. It also seems as though my computer will for some reason not show the image right side up? Oh well, stand on your heads.

Also... lets say, hypothetically of course, that someone managed to get a hold of some turf.... how much would you be willing to pay for say a square foot?
    HERE IT IS RIGHT SIDE UP

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

now that looks nice! i hope they paint the stadium before the season starts....

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poisso3 View Post
    And take down the Blue Balls.

If they want something up there make it Tech Football Hall of Famers or something. Not the scores of old games.

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Poisso3 View Post
    that is coming.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

wow, my photoshop of the field is very close.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

notice they are using the new collegiate font for "tech", looks a lot better than the previous shown below

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theinsider View Post
    that is coming.
    What else will be done, I hear there is more to come regarding the stadium.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Folks, if you haven't seen the field yet, you will love it. We got to see it late Saturday after the doubleheader.

The green and the blue are much deeper in color. It will look GREAT with the packed crowd at the Miss St game!

Now if they can just seal the concrete with that nonslip surface coating that coach Simoneaux laid down at JC Love Field!

Tech's athletic facilities are definitely getting some serious upgrading.

Playing with photoshop again...

I mirrored the wings of the field house and took out neilson in the background (because it'll get demo'd one day).

Big Dog LTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the rough LTUIronDawg's Avatar

Are they going to build apartments or dorms on the north endzone? If not, they should build some type of box seats down there.
    Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post

I mirrored the wings of the field house and took out neilson in the background (because it'll get demo'd one day).

Quote Originally Posted by LTUIronDawg View Post
    Are they going to build apartments or dorms on the north endzone? If not, they should build some type of box seats down there.
    Not sure if theres any real talk of constructing anything in the north endzone any time soon...prob a wish list of having something built there but i doubt we have any definite plans or sketches made for it.

I would love to have something like k-state's shown below.

(click to view larger image)

From what I know this is our check list of stuff we are currently working on (from the Tech 2020 document):

• Complete new Track Complex: new track surface and field event areas, new fan seating sections, restroom facilities, men’s & women’s track locker rooms, track scoreboard and PA system.
    • Complete Lambright Intramural Sports Complex: tennis courts, restroom facilities, locker rooms, equipment storage, fan seating sections, bowling lanes.
    • Complete Softball Complex improvements: pressbox, home team locker room, outfield fence, PA and sound system, access control fence so that admission can be charged, permanent ticket booth, improved fan seating area.
    • Complete Aillet Football Stadium Improvements: new scoreboard/video board/PA/ sound system, artificial turf, lighting.
    • Complete J.C. Love Baseball Stadium improvements: expanded pressbox, scoreboard with color message center, permanent ticket booths, new stadium seating area, and outside walkway lighting.
    • Complete Women’s AthleticCenter (locker room complex) for soccer, softball, women’s tennis, and women’s track.
    • Expand and upgrade administrative offices to house new employees/ administrators.
    • Complete ThomasAssemblyCenter improvements: new men’s basketball offices, new court, new men’s basketball locker room, women’s volleyball locker room, improve weight room and training room.
    • Create a plan to maximize field space for practice and competition: football practice fields and soccer practice and competition space.
    • Continue athletic facility evaluation and improvements as necessary.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post

If you're gonna play with my photos (and you're one of the few allowed to do so:icon_wink . . . please go to some kind of CAD software and draw in some classic window designs.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    If you're gonna play with my photos (and you're one of the few allowed to do so:icon_wink . . . please go to some kind of CAD software and draw in some classic window designs.
    I was actually thinking on doing something like that.
    And thanks for the pic!

+ Reply to Thread