+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bigger than Butler

Guest BS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Bigger than Butler

Has DD or Dr. DR weighed in?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Bigger than Butler

Yes, Coach Dooley will be in Shreveport on May 1 to talk about the future of TECH athletics.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Down Re: Bigger than Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Yes, Coach Dooley will be in Shreveport on May 1 to talk about the future of TECH athletics.
    Well, other than HIS FB team that won't take long!!
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 04-28-2008 at 09:50 AM. Reason: add emoticons!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post

He is the athletic director. If you have questions or concerns about the Lady Techsters, I'm sure he will answer.

Bitching and moaning on this message board does little good for the Lady Techsters. Many feel that a dollar spent is wasted when it is better spent elsewhere. You won't have a united front here. It is up to the Lady Techster fans to step up and make a statement.

Where are the Lady Techsters on the CHAMPS list? There aren't too many. The only two I recognize by name are Coach Barmore and Brooke Lassister. Where are the leaders amongst the former Lady Techsters stepping up to organize their support? Coach Peace is doing this for the football team, and this is something that Coach Barmore failed to do before his departure to Baylor.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

He is the athletic director. If you have questions or concerns about the Lady Techsters, I'm sure he will answer.

Bitching and moaning on this message board does little good for the Lady Techsters. Many feel that a dollar spent is wasted when it is better spent elsewhere. You won't have a united front here. It is up to the Lady Techster fans to step up and make a statement.

Where are the Lady Techsters on the CHAMPS list? There aren't too many. The only two I recognize by name are Coach Barmore and Brooke Lassister. Where are the leaders amongst the former Lady Techsters stepping up to organize their support? Coach Peace is doing this for the football team, and this is something that Coach Barmore failed to do before his departure to Baylor.
    Clyde - U echo a valid point about very few ( if any ) former Techsters on the CHAMPS list. I can't help ya there but as a former 'Dawg footballer & powerlifter I kick in my fair share. Do we know for certain that LB didn't try & organize his former players in a fundraiser? How about any former Dunkin' Dawgs ( other than Karl ) for the MBB program? Just thinking out loud.

I disagree about this message board, though. I don't think ANYONE expects change to come from us "bitching & moaning" here. However, it IS a place for us ( alumni & concerned fans ) to do just that ( as well as exchange ideas ). FYI - I HAVE emailed DD about the state of the Techster program & specifically if there were any plans to get rid of CL. To his credit, he did return my email but simply said that they ( who that - him & DR? ) were working on "righting the ship". Given who's the captain of that ship, it has quickly become more of a salvage mission!!

U state that it's "up to the Lady Techster fans to step up & make a statement" but yet U imply that THIS isn't the place to do so. If DD & DR would take the time to attend just one of the Techster games at the TAC & see how many Lady Techster fans were disguised as empty seats, now THAT'S a statement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Got to agree with you there -

It's not OUR football team anymore - its HIS football team - and he always ask folks what they think about HIS football team....

''Don't be a bad dagh..."

U state that it's "up to the Lady Techster fans to step up & make a statement" but yet U imply that THIS isn't the place to do so. If DD & DR would take the time to attend just one of the Techster games at the TAC & see how many Lady Techster fans were disguised as empty seats, now THAT'S a statement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a statement of apathy and doesn't lead to anything. Where are the banners? Where are the public displays calling for change? Where is the financial commitment to the program from its fans? The Lady Techster ship has been sinking for a while. Yet, no response from those who truly care.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Got to agree with you there -

It's not OUR football team anymore - its HIS football team - and he always ask folks what they think about HIS football team....

You seem bitter about Coach Dooley. I don't agree with many things that he has done. But so far, he's done nothing to damage our team. Maybe fan relations but not the team.

Question Re: Bigger than Butler

That's a statement of apathy and doesn't lead to anything. Where are the banners? Where are the public displays calling for change? Where is the financial commitment to the program from its fans? The Lady Techster ship has been sinking for a while. Yet, no response from those who truly care.
    So U're saying that we should march on Wyly Tower & demand change?? FYI, I was one of the football players who did exactly that when F Jay canned Coach Beck & guess what?? It didn't work!!
    Perhaps we should take out an ad in the Daily Leader? Stake out Tech Drive w/"Fire CL" signs?? This would be the only university that I'm aware of ( & I don't get out much ) that would need to have a public display of displeasure for the administration to take notice. Generally the product put before the fans speaks volumes & the higher-ups feel it ONLY when $$ stops coming in from the program ( via reduced attendance & loss of team apparel sales ).
    Yes, the Techster ship has been sinking ever since KB left ( & some would say as far back as DR's pissing contest w/KM ) & we dedicated fans HAVE called for a change yet it falls on deaf ears in the Ivory Tower!! I don't see DD as the answer either because he COULD have made a statement by canning CL yet he didn't. I suppose that time will tell if he truly cares about the other programs at tech so I'll try to give him the benefit of the doubt on THIS non-move.

So U're saying that we should march on Wyly Tower & demand change?? FYI, I was one of the football players who did exactly that when F Jay canned Coach Beck & guess what?? It didn't work!!
    Perhaps we should take out an ad in the Daily Leader? Stake out Tech Drive w/"Fire CL" signs?? This would be the only university that I'm aware of ( & I don't get out much ) that would need to have a public display of displeasure for the administration to take notice. Generally the product put before the fans speaks volumes & the higher-ups feel it ONLY when $$ stops coming in from the program ( via reduced attendance & loss of team apparel sales ).

Who is Coach Beck?

Public displays of disapproval are used at universitys across the country. If a Lady Techster gave substantially to the program and demanded change, then it would happen. It would appear that there are no such donors.
    Last edited by Cool Hand Clyde; 04-28-2008 at 02:46 PM.

Question Re: Bigger than Butler

Who is Coach Beck?

Public displays of disapproval are used at universitys across the country. If a Lady Techster gave substantially to the program and demanded change, then it wouldn't. It would appear that there are no such donors.
    Former Head FB Coach Larry Beightol - 1979, I think but right after Coach Lambright retired ( ask Coach Slaughter about the Tech/Ruston politics that helped take Beck out!! ). No, I didn't particularly care for him either but I marched w/the rest of my teammates on Wyly Tower so there was unity there. Still didn't help & WE were the ones who had to play for the man!!
    Jog my memory & name me one public display at a university that led to a coaches dismissal for a LOUSY job. I'm NOT doubting that there have been some but I'm drawing a blank. LSU canned Brady but there were no public billboards or flyers handed out on campus ( My sister is a TAC member there - traitor!! :icon_wink: ). Same w/DiNardo, Stovall & Archer. Sure, there were plenty of grumblings about BR ( much like our "bitching & moaning" on this website ) but no outward public displays. I know because I lived in BR ( not far from campus ) during some of this time.
    Closer to home - never saw anything like that trying to get rid of Richard but there sure WAS some complaining on the MBB Forum.

Again, Clyde - I applaud your promotion of the CHAMPS ( now LTAC ) program. I just got my flyer on the program & never realized that so few people ( 970 out of over 80k+ Tech grads ) actually gave to the athletic side of the university. And do we ever suck as compared to the rest of the WAC teams!! Hopefully some of our coaching shakeups will open some eyes ( & wallets!! ).
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 04-28-2008 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Add comment

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Eek Re: Bigger than Butler

I have an idea that might just work.... Instead of marching on Wyly Tower, march on DR's new Bio-med building. THAT might get his attention!

+ Reply to Thread