+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obituary

Guest BS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Obituary

I think this is Leon's way of declaring the program officially dead.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Re: Obituary

Quote Originally Posted by BS1994TECH View Post
    I think this is Leon's way of declaring the program officially dead.
    Horse shit. I don't red dot often, but you're getting one this time.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I think this is Leon's way of publicly stating that Dan Reneau has no idea what he is doing and that he is not committed to successful athletics. I don't think he is declaring it dead, because it can always come back. I'm sure it hurts him more than anyone else to see the Lady Techsters fall to their current state.

Varsity Bulldog jbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I think this is Leon's way of publicly stating that Dan Reneau has no idea what he is doing and that he is not committed to successful athletics.
    Exactly my point of view as I stated elsewhere already

So let me just add

Amen and AMEN!!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I think this is Leon's way of letting Spoon get the credit for bringing the program back to life and landing the HC Spot. After that, we will see Leon back on the sideline as an assistant to her.

If any of you know about the knockdown drag out fights between Kim and Leon during his last few years as HC (before his first retirement), you won't have any doubt that this will not last long at Baylor.

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I think this is Leon's way of letting Spoon get the credit for bringing the program back to life and landing the HC Spot. After that, we will see Leon back on the sideline as an assistant to her.

If any of you know about the knockdown drag out fights between Kim and Leon during his last few years as HC (before his first retirement), you won't have any doubt that this will not last long at Baylor.
    I personally saw all of her stuff sitting in the foyer of the BB Offices where Leon had cleaned out her office. Having said that, I think the bond between them has been healed and is VERY strong. It would not surprise me to see Leon staying at Baylor because he is having fun.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

The program isn't dead. It's been on life support for two seasons now, but dead it isn't. That said, if the next season mirrors the previous two, and the Techster name is farther removed from national (or even regional) status, then yes, we'll be on the last throws of life support.

I'm amazed that people think Leon is waiting to come back here. I don't know the ins and outs of his personal history with Mulkey, nor do I know (except for what I read from you experts here on the board) about the inner workings of the politics in the Tower of Power/DR, etc. The FACT is that he CHOSE to go to BAYLOR to be an assistant coach to his former assistant.

If Leon Barmore is as smart as we all think he is, then he knows full well what he's doing and why he's doing it and has no misguided expectations about what life will be like as an assistant at Baylor.

Perhaps it's as simple as this: Barmore is sick and tired of how the Techster program has been run, and was fed up with how things are being handled, and saw this opportunity as a win/win for himself. This way, he can say what he really thinks of how things were handled without saying a direct word about it. And in the meantime, he gets to coach again, and he gets to coach with someone who he personally trained and inspired and who is passionate about winning.

What is TRULY interesting to me though is this: In all of these posts and back and forth messages flying around, there is one name consistently missing or near the bottom....Chris Long. Sounds like for all intents and purposes everyone thinks he's out and Spoon is in. IMO, that is the ONLY good news in the last week regarding the Techsters.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Big Grin Re: Obituary

What is TRULY interesting to me though is this: In all of these posts and back and forth messages flying around, there is one name consistently missing or near the bottom....Chris Long. Sounds like for all intents and purposes everyone thinks he's out and Spoon is in. IMO, that is the ONLY good news in the last week regarding the Techsters.[/quote]

Oh, if only this is a dream come true!!!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    The program isn't dead. It's been on life support for two seasons now, but dead it isn't.

It is dead unless the fans pay the electricity bill to keep the life support turned on.

Put up or shut up.

www.latechchamps.com

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    It is dead unless the fans pay the electricity bill to keep the life support turned on.

Put up or shut up.

www.latechchamps.com

How does money have anything to do with Long's fire or talent as a head coach? Hell, I've seen broke people with more fire in their belly to achieve something than CL has shown, and he's getting paid handsomely.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bad_man View Post
    How does money have anything to do with Long's fire or talent as a head coach? Hell, I've seen broke people with more fire in their belly to achieve something than CL has shown, and he's getting paid handsomely.

Why do you think Chris Long is still the coach? Lack of money to pay him and get a new one.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Perhaps it's as simple as this: Barmore is sick and tired of how the Techster program has been run, and was fed up with how things are being handled, and saw this opportunity as a win/win for himself. This way, he can say what he really thinks of how things were handled without saying a direct word about it. And in the meantime, he gets to coach again, and he gets to coach with someone who he personally trained and inspired and who is passionate about winning.

What is TRULY interesting to me though is this: In all of these posts and back and forth messages flying around, there is one name consistently missing or near the bottom....Chris Long. Sounds like for all intents and purposes everyone thinks he's out and Spoon is in. IMO, that is the ONLY good news in the last week regarding the Techsters.
    Am I the only that finds it IRONIC that Chris Long was BROUGHT IN by Leon???? I was led to believe that CL was his chosen one after the fiasco with Budke. If Leon is mad at the program he only has one person to be mad at: CHRIS LONG.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Leon has a sweet deal at Baylor. He doesn't have to travel, if he doesn't wish to do that. He only has to be there during the season - no off season work. No recruiting. Hiring him would have taken up the money (a lot) that we need to hire a full time person (a couple of full time persons).

My opinion is that Leon wanted back in coaching, but not full time. He has a part time gig and will do it for a year or two. Puts another notch in his belt and then returns to be a part of our program, as he wishes.

Remember, Spoon and Leon are very close. He knew we needed the money to lure Spoon back.

The first few days of this I was angry, then in denial, and now I accept it. (for those that don't know Kubler-Ross, that was in reference to the title of this thread).

Leon loves the Lady Techsters. Look at my signature line which is a qoute of his just over the past couple of days. We need to move on from the Leon talk. He will be back when he is ready. Kim can pulled another theatric moment and it worked. Sure took the emphasis off Spoon being hired, didn't it?

Time to look forward to seeing Spoon on the sidelines. I think she and Chris will compliment each other's styles very well. I am ready!

First, though, let's get to football!!!!!!!!!!!!

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

We need to move on from the Leon talk. He will be back when he is ready. Kim can pulled another theatric moment and it worked. Sure took the emphasis off Spoon being hired, didn't it?

Time to look forward to seeing Spoon on the sidelines. I think she and Chris will compliment each other's styles very well. I am ready!

First, though, let's get to football!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well halleluiah!!

Finally someone speaking rationally around here. Get over it folks. If Champ can move on everyone can!

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Time to look forward to seeing Spoon on the sidelines. I think she and Chris will compliment each other's styles very well.
    The good and the bad?

+ Reply to Thread