+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Watson: Tech drops ball on Barmore - Shreveport Times

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Jimmy Watson: Tech drops ball on Barmore - Shreveport Times

Whoa, whoa, whoa people. There was nothing written in this opinion piece that offered one shred of PROOF that Tech didn't call Leon. How do we know that they didn't? Just because he went to Baylor? Watson is assuming that all Tech had to do was call Leon and he would have come riding in on his shining white horse. Well you know what. Clyde has made a very good point in the past when people complain about not getting informed from Tech about functions, and it applies here as well. If Leon wanted to come out of retirement to be an assistant, and saw how deplorable the Techsters had become, why didn't he approach Long or the administration? We are assuming too much on here. How do we know that after getting Weatherspoon, Barmore wasn't up next on the list, and Kim new it so she beat Tech to the punch in getting him on her team? I know DR has screwed up much in the past. Although, I'm still convinced he couldn't have done anything to get Kim to stay, but don't be so quick to jump to conclusions here without solid evidence to back it up.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Warning Re: Jimmy Watson: Tech drops ball on Barmore - Shreveport Times

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa people. There was nothing written in this opinion piece that offered one shred of PROOF that Tech didn't call Leon. How do we know that they didn't? Just because he went to Baylor? Watson is assuming that all Tech had to do was call Leon and he would have come riding in on his shining white horse. Well you know what. Clyde has made a very good point in the past when people complain about not getting informed from Tech about functions, and it applies here as well. If Leon wanted to come out of retirement to be an assistant, and saw how deplorable the Techsters had become, why didn't he approach Long or the administration? We are assuming too much on here. How do we know that after getting Weatherspoon, Barmore wasn't up next on the list, and Kim new it so she beat Tech to the punch in getting him on her team? I know DR has screwed up much in the past. Although, I'm still convinced he couldn't have done anything to get Kim to stay, but don't be so quick to jump to conclusions here without solid evidence to back it up.
    And therein lies the problem ( if we'd like to call it that ). We will probably NEVER know the true chain of events ( timing; who called who; etc. ). Much like the DR/KM story ( & IMHO, DR COULD have kept Kim had he offered that extra year she wanted ) , this is the next in line for Tech legend.
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 04-28-2008 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Add comment

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reddawg View Post
    I think he said it without saying it. He put the blame right on the MANs shoulders.

TD123, if you don't realize what this says about our leadership, you are blinded by your love of football and rightly the revenue it can produce, but this is embarrassing for LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY, not just the Techsters.

I will get no less than 5 calls today saying "How far can Tech fall? First KM and now LB" They are Tech products and now they are helping Baylor.

RD
    Couple of things. I don't care if this is embarrasing to Tech. The damage has already been done. The KMR catastrophe happened a long time ago. Nothing NEW has been brought to light.

Lets pretend that KMR is the HC at Tech right now. I don't see Leon stepping in as assistant coach, his image would eclipse KMR at Tech. At Baylor, she has made her own name.

Also my so called "blind" love of football is in line with mainstream America. My reaction to others saying we screwed it up is, "so what?" If we didn't all they would have to say is,"your flagship sport is womens basketball." Which to me, is more embarrassing. This is only embarrassing to some of you because y'all over value the Techsters. Hate me for making these comments, but it is true. It is time to MOVE ON from our FIXATION with the Techsters. I hope they emerge and get better, I do. But Football is the the river of life in college sports. Good for Baylor, elite womens basketball program, congratulations.

The young generation, my generation, of Tech fans haven't seen the Techsters truly do something legit.

I am sick of all the drama with the Techster baby mamas.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Barmore takes a job at tech even if asked. He realizes that more than likely his legacy could only be negatively impacted by returning at tech because their chances of returning to a WBB power are slim to none.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Glen -

I agree whole heartedly -

It's time for us to de-emphasize the sport, bring the budget in line and spread the money to the other women's sports to give them more of a fighthing chance -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Glen -

I agree whole heartedly -

It's time for us to de-emphasize the sport, bring the budget in line and spread the money to the other women's sports to give them more of a fighthing chance -
    Absolutely. I love the Techsters, but if we keep focusing on what was, we'll never find out what can be.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

My aunt is a big booster of LA Tech and a long time friend of Leon's and she told me that she had talked with Leon and he said Tech hasn't called him one time since he retired. As for why he didn't approach Tech, my guess is he didn't want to undermine CL. I also think there is no way he is an asst coach under CL after watching the last two years.

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

Basketball Re: Jimmy Watson: Tech drops ball on Barmore - Shreveport Times

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    I don't think Barmore takes a job at tech even if asked. He realizes that more than likely his legacy could only be negatively impacted by returning at tech because their chances of returning to a WBB power are slim to none.
    I agree completely.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    My aunt is a big booster of LA Tech and a long time friend of Leon's and she told me that she had talked with Leon and he said Tech hasn't called him one time since he retired. As for why he didn't approach Tech, my guess is he didn't want to undermine CL. I also think there is no way he is an asst coach under CL after watching the last two years.

He was helping Keith Richard. If Chris Long is not smart enough to pick up the phone, then shame on him.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with what ya'll are saying....

However, I don't know if Jimmy missed it or just stopped short - the ONE MAJOR thing that this proves is WHO WAS TELLING THE TRUTH when all of this went down several years ago...

I think this more than vindicates Kim and HER BOOK and HER SIDE of the story....
    Talk about a short memory. Where are your old posts on Kim, Dwayne? Also, don't forget that Kim bashed Leon VERY hard in the Dallas paper soon after her departure from Tech.

I have no ill feelings toward Kim. I am hurt by Barmore's recent actions. HOWEVER, I do feel that Spoon will help our program and Barmore will come back at some point to help her.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Talk about a short memory. Where are your old posts on Kim, Dwayne?
    I'm man enough to admit that I thought she was lying....

And like I said - the actions of this past weekend are the proof otherwise -

I will not throw Leon under the bus on this - he has every right to accept the job -

And IF YOU WILL remember - back after we hosted the LAST first and second round games in Ruston - I said you better enjoy it because THAT was the end of Lady Techster basketball as we know it - and you thought I was full of it then -

Now is the time to take this in the PROPER direction - like it or not....

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm man enough to admit that I thought she was lying....

And like I said - the actions of this past weekend are the proof otherwise -

I will not throw Leon under the bus on this - he has every right to accept the job -

And IF YOU WILL remember - back after we hosted the LAST first and second round games in Ruston - I said you better enjoy it because THAT was the end of Lady Techster basketball as we know it - and you thought I was full of it then -

Now is the time to take this in the PROPER direction - like it or not....
    Thank you. Do you want to talk about the temper tantrums and losing Alana, as well?

Anyway, it is done. I do not agree that it is all over for the Techsters, though. We would be awfully stupid to throw away a Nationally prominant program. Many are in a "hit em while they are down" mode right now. It is a shame what D.R. has brain washed many of you to believe - that we have to choose one succesful program over another.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Do you want to talk about the temper tantrums and losing Alana, as well?
    I think that's fairly well documented, but I also heard Alana also proclaim on Shreveport RADIO and TV that she never considered TECH as SERIOUS option -

I think that's fairly well documented, but I also heard Alana also proclaim on Shreveport RADIO and TV that she never considered TECH as SERIOUS option -
    I was talking more about your posts about it. You were pretty angry with Kim at the time.

Anyway, water under the bridge. Wanna bet money that Leon will be back when Spoon takes over the program?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Blah, blah, blah. DD, sometimes you are just too hard-headed for your own good.

Reneau is a loser that will eventually poison the entire well if Louisiana Tech fans don't have him removed soon. Many of you blasted Kim when she took a much better offer from Baylor. Now Leon has done the same thing. Are you gonna hate him too? How many GREAT people have to leave LA Tech before you FINALLY start questioning Reneau's abilities? (or lack thereof!)

Please cut the lights out when you leave the building.

HD

+ Reply to Thread