+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Get away weekend

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Get away weekend

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    If having kids ever makes me have to go buy a pink pony, then I don't want none.
    They will also make you go around humming BACKYARDIGANS tunes....

And I have to admit, whoever writes their tunes does a pretty good job...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

And the animators. Those little creatures have some good moves.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    If you ever get the chance to have a baby girl like Savannah not only will you buy a stuffed pink pony but you will openly look for them to buy everywhere you go.

You and Dirty (and apparently Dirty's wife) make it sound like I was buying a real pony painted pink while wearing leather assless chaps and sporting a black strap on.
    SICKO'S!
    do we really need to re'live this? :icon_wink: I had almost forgotten about it and the red dot syndrome you suffered from at the time LOL

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

got to admit, i'll sit there and watch teh Bacyardigans also LOL that and DeDe Doodle

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

If you have never been to the state park on Thompson's Pond you should check out their cabins. Very nice.

You know Thompson's pond don't you? It's the one in Delhi.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    Lake DeGray is awsome for quick get a way. its beautiful. what amazes me is the total lack of buildings on the banks. All i've seen so far is the state park and the marina area, everything else is trees and rocks :icon_wink:

DeGray is great and its close enough. Ouachita is really good too, but it takes almost an hour longer to get there.

Big Dog exit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really nice exit84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shreveportdawg View Post
    Mena or Albert Pike area about 30 minutes west of Hot Springs.
    Tell me more about Albert Pike. Never been there.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exit84 View Post
    Tell me more about Albert Pike. Never been there.
    albert pike is a campground run by the ouachita national forest. it used to be accessible only by several miles of gravel road through one of the most scenic ridges of the southern ouachita mountains. now the road to the park is paved, and there are a lot more visitors.

it is located on the little missouri river and has probably a couple hundred campsites, 2 or 3 bathhouses, and several hiking trails (the winding stairs trail is great for backpacking). i think there is a place there now where you can rent a little shack (cabin), too.

it is also close to little missouri falls (beautiful and fun), which is accessible only by several miles of gravel road and low water bridges, or a 5-mile hike up the river.

the little missouri is supposedly a great float in the spring when the water is high, but i've never tried it. i think you can put in at albert pike and ride all the way down to lake greeson. according to google earth, it is about a 20 mile float, but only about 12 mile drive back to the campground. highly rated rapids.

so it's a great place for a family getaway, but only if you like roughing it.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    looking for an idea for a get away weekend within 3 hours of monroe/ruston any ideas?

Would love for a beach or body of water. South Arkansas, east tx...anything?
    so did you go yet? where did you go?

my recommendation would be lake degray. you can stay at the lodge, camp, or stay in some pretty nice duplex cabins across the lake next to the marina. you can rent boats and jet skis at the marina for a reasonable price. the lake is great for skiing and fishing because it is so big and there is relatively little traffic.

of course, darbonne is nice, too. but no mountain scenery.

+ Reply to Thread