+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Et tu Brute

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Et tu Brute

Okay, let me see if I understand some of you people's view of this matter. Barmore is to be excused for jumping ship because he is understandably upset with the direction of the Techster program. Okay...so does that mean I will be excused if I start wearing LSU garb and rooting for every successful LSU program? I mean, after all, I am upset with the direction of all of Tech's programs. No? You mean as an alum and a Tech fan I am expected to stick with Tech...NO MATTER WHAT???????? Agreed. I would never jump ship to lspoo or any other school. But, it's okay when Mulkey and Barmore do it.......

As Julius Cesar was being brutally attacked he was surprised to see Brutus, his life-long friend, joining in on the attack. I used to think so highly of Leon Barmore. Admired him for turning down offers for more money to go elsewhere. Held him up as a shining example of what was right with college athletics.

Whew! WAS I EVER WRONG!

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Question Re: Et tu Brute

U could be wrong here as well.

We THINK we know the whole story behind KM's leaving so there's no point in bringing that up ( in detail ) again. Still, there's something seriously wrong with "blind" loyalty. Much like Kim's situation I worked 21 years for one employer w/the "promises" of promotions & other opportunities ( beginning at my 15 year anniversary ). Well, I waited & waited for 5+ years & when I saw that nothing was happening I pursued employment elsewhere. Been w/my new company for 6+ years & the money & career advancements have been awesome!! So am I to be faulted for moving on? I haven't lost ONE moment of sleep since leaving for greener pastures & I rather doubt that Kim has either. She waited & waited & when LB stepped aside & she was SUPPOSED to become HC & DR pulled his power play - see ya!!:icon_wink:
    We will probably not know the full details of Leon's departure but the man was retired & simply ( he says ) wanted "to coach again but NOT as a HC ". It would have been difficult for everyone involved had he asked to come back to the Techsters. CL would have felt like his toes were being stepped or he was even being shown the door ( I wish!! ).
    Is there a sibliminal message behind the fact that he went to Baylor? Probably but, as I've stated numerous times, we'll probably NEVER know the whole story ( in either case ).
    Say what ya want about "lsupoo" but whether we like it or not, they ARE the flagship university of the state. I'm Tech blue through & through BUT I also cheer for the Tigers when they're representing the state of Louisiana in athletics. If that makes me a "Brutus" in your eyes, so be it. I can live with it!!!

MG

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Re: Et tu Brute

Hey! This is America! We don't need your Spanish (or French or Italian) un-American thread titles on here. (BTW - what does it mean, Frenchie?). I will admit that that there Brut is one fine cologne.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

and...I think they left more out of the opportunity/capability to succeed at Baylor than from the money.

Please believe me, I don't like that they're gone and wish that we will smash their butts every chance we get, but I can understand why they left.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Big Grin Re: Et tu Brute

[quote=DogtorEvil;606370]Hey! This is America! We don't need your Spanish (or French or Italian) un-American thread titles on here. (BTW - what does it mean, Frenchie?). I will admit that that there Brut is one fine cologne.

What about "Hai Karate"??!! :icon_wink:
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 04-29-2008 at 07:40 AM.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't get the French translation. "And you raw"?

Is it Italian? Latin?

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

It's Latin. You too Brutus?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    It's Latin. You too Brutus?
    Ahhhhh No wonder.........

This is Louisiana, dang it! Speak English or French (and make that French into Cajun, so some of us can understand it).

Bulldog dawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the ears dawgette's Avatar

THE KING IS DEAD, LONG LIVE THE KING!

Big Grin Re: Et tu Brute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Ahhhhh No wonder.........

This is Louisiana, dang it! Speak English or French (and make that French into Cajun, so some of us can understand it).
    Champ - Yep but they tell me that anyone who lives north of I-10 is a "Yankee" so can we speak true Cajun in Ruston??

Thumbs Up Re: Et tu Brute

Quote Originally Posted by dawgette View Post
    THE KING IS DEAD, LONG LIVE THE KING!
    Not sure what that means but I'd sure enjoy "crowning" both DR & CL!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Champ - Yep but they tell me that anyone who lives north of I-10 is a "Yankee" so can we speak true Cajun in Ruston??
    Je peux parler un français, mais il penche vers le français nécessaire et pas cajun.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Champ - Yep but they tell me that anyone who lives north of I-10 is a "Redneck" so can we speak true Cajun in Ruston??
    Fixed it for you.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Bull Caca.

Perhaps Sic Semper Tyrannus is a more appropriate motto - which means Thus it always is with tyrants. You can fill in the blank as to the tyrant!

+ Reply to Thread