+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SPOOOOON

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Re: SPOOOOON

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Theatrics.... Dallas Morning News Story bashing Leon soon after being hired at Baylor, Blue Suit at Baylor NC game, Whispering in Pokey's ears but not saying what she said, cleaning out her office numerous times at Tech, Book telling her side of the story, taking press from Tech's big story on Tech's big week. It all adds up to theatrics.

I like Kim and think she is an excellent coach. She was true to Tech for many years. We have a choice now, though. We can let her upstage us or we can go about celebrating our new Associate Head Coach and look forward to OUR next year. Frankly, I am tired of reading about something Baylor did every time we have a chance to read something good about the Techsters.

A flare for the dramatic can be a great trait. I think we just hired a pretty dramatic Associate Head Coach, as well. I would rather talk about her.

I'm thrilled that Spoon is joining the Techsters. IMO, she is our only hope of gaining respect again in the world of wbb. But to think we should just focus on Spoon and stop talking about the biggest coup in years amongst the collegiate coaching ranks, well, it's probably not going to happen anytime soon.

Face it, whether or not we all agree on how and why Leon was lured away, the fact remains that he is/was the identity of the Lady Techsters and he came out of retirement to go to another school. And finally, the timing of the Leon story isn't that suspect. Leon said they'd been talking about it for a while, and well, Tech had a week to get the Spoon story out there....Kim didn't HAVE to upstage the Spoon story. There was NO Spoon story to upstage anywhere outside of North Louisiana.

That said, the story will hopefully unfold once the new season begins. Spoon will be on board, the new recruits will be in place, and although the story NOW may be all about Leon and Kim, Spoon (and Long to a lesser extent) will have the opportunity to put an exclamation point at the end of the story.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

A veritable one man thread!

Puppy james123 has turned a few heads around herejames123 has turned a few heads around here

Judging by the responses on the various messageboards and blogs, the Spoon story got more response from women's basketball fans with no rooting interest than the Barmore story did anywhere outside of Tech and Baylor boards.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

OK, I will quit for now. Just wanted to get some celebration started again. Tired of hearing about a school in Texas and want to hear about our great new addition.

Quote Originally Posted by james123 View Post
    Judging by the responses on the various messageboards and blogs, the Spoon story got more response from women's basketball fans with no rooting interest than the Barmore story did anywhere outside of Tech and Baylor boards.
    Both are legends. Spoon is just a more recent legend. Young girls know who she is and what she is about. We have a FULL TIME Associate Head Coach that is something to celebrate.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Maybe we could have a meet and greet for her when she gets to town to welcome her. Something like we did for the MBB this year and the WBB each year?

GREAT IDEA. I'll be there, contribute $ or snacks, assist organizing, anything needed. Anyone have an email address for 'SPOON so we can welcome her? It will be so exciting to see her back on the TAC floor.
    Last edited by Russdawg; 04-29-2008 at 02:57 PM. Reason: spelling

Puppy james123 has turned a few heads around herejames123 has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    That one was great. It captured her perfectly.

I can't find an email address anywhere. I am sure she will have a Tech one soon. If we can get this organized, I will definitely do my part and help out wherever needed. I bet I could get a group from Arcadia to jump in, as well. My parents and all their friends (almost the whole town) would attend, I am sure.

BUMP!

THIS is our great news of the month! Not the other....

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Spoon!

Anyone else a Tick fan?
    Last edited by DogtorEvil; 10-13-2008 at 09:36 PM.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    Spoon!

Anyone else a Tick fan?
    Like a Lady Tickster?:icon_wink:

Bump again! This is where the action is!

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

Rightfully so Champion. I can't wait to see Teresa Weatherspoon on campus and rebuilding our program. She is a terrific hire and at exactly the right time we need her. Now if she can just get us a couple post players we will be all set. If there is some kind of welcome reception I will contribute and if I can get off work attend to meet her in person.

Quote Originally Posted by DFWDawg View Post
    Rightfully so Champion. I can't wait to see Teresa Weatherspoon on campus and rebuilding our program. She is a terrific hire and at exactly the right time we need her. Now if she can just get us a couple post players we will be all set. If there is some kind of welcome reception I will contribute and if I can get off work attend to meet her in person.
    Some tall girls with SPEED is what I want. Post players are needed, but I don't want a slow big girl - I want a Candice Parker type player.

+ Reply to Thread