+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SPOOOOON

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: SPOOOOON

Can we cut out all the talk about Spoon. I've read so much about her, that I freakin' dreamed last night that I was talking to her trying find out all the scoop on the future of the program so I could tell Champ. The whole time, in my dream, I was thinking, "I got to beat theinsider to this." Give me some peace will you. And don't tell me not to read the threads. I'm too damn nosy for that.

Sorry, maddawg. I know you're disappointed in me now.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Can we cut out all the talk about Spoon. I've read so much about her, that I freakin' dreamed last night that I was talking to her trying find out all the scoop on the future of the program so I could tell Champ. The whole time, in my dream, I was thinking, "I got to beat theinsider to this." Give me some peace will you. And don't tell me not to read the threads. I'm too damn nosy for that.

I guess we can mark your name off her welcome back party! And there you were right there at the top of our guest list!:icon_wink:

Better stay out of the KoolAid before bedtime!

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Some tall girls with SPEED is what I want. Post players are needed, but I don't want a slow big girl - I want a Candice Parker type player.
    I am biased because I had classes with her and saw most all her home games but I want a Venus Lacy. She could clear out everyone within five feet of her in the paint. No one wanted to experience a Venus elbow (painful). That was one big and tough girl. I remember one time in English class she had a potassium deficiency and was not feeling good. She stood up and had a fainting spell and took out an entire row of seats. We called paramedics and I went and got them and brought them to class to get her. Venus was a great player but also a class act. Oh, and we got out early from English that day. In any case we need some post players to complement our team.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Find the other famous Louisiana Tech guest star on this list at this great event:
    http://pbskids.org/lions/parentsteac...ject_team.html
    Big Bird went to TECH??

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Congratulations from unexpected places:
    http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic....ad6f3bcdcadbaf
    What website is this? What school or organization is it connected to?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    What website is this? What school or organization is it connected to?
    Just a google searched website that showed up. Women's sports junkies board, probably.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

If Dan Reneau and Derek Dooley don't get their collective thumbs out of their collective arses, Spoon will be signing a contract at Waco because KM's assistant head coach (formerly of Princeton) is said to be looking for a job...seems he has some insecurities with Leon coming...Spoon could be her first call!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    KM's assistant head coach (formerly of Princeton) is said to be looking for a job...seems he has some insecurities with Leon coming...Spoon could be her first call!
    Probably, less because of insecurity than the increase in job duties. They are paying Leon full time for a very very part time position with no duties at all off season That means that any other staff are going to have to pick up ALL the slack left - and that is a lot with recruiting, especially.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Probably, less because of insecurity than the increase in job duties. They are paying Leon full time for a very very part time position with no duties at all off season That means that any other staff are going to have to pick up ALL the slack left - and that is a lot with recruiting, especially.
    Sorry, gary, but you are wrong. It is a security issue, not work. The guy is a lame duck with a term...who's KM gonna take advice from Leon (her mentor) or some guy from Princeton? Case closed...and my source is far better than yours on this one.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Question Re: SPOOOOON

So did anyone ever discover how much Leon's salary is/will be for his ( basically ) part time position? I can almost see WHY Coach Barron would be looking over his shoulder.
    BTW - I also see where one of Baylor's post players ( think CL knows what THAT is? ) is transferring but hasn't decided where to. Maybe we should send 'Spoon after her!!

So when's CL gonna fill the rest of the vacant staff positions & does anyone have a clue ( I figure HE doesn't! ) with whom??
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 05-05-2008 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Add comment

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    If Dan Reneau and Derek Dooley don't get their collective thumbs out of their collective arses, Spoon will be signing a contract at Waco because KM's assistant head coach (formerly of Princeton) is said to be looking for a job...seems he has some insecurities with Leon coming...Spoon could be her first call!
    I agree with you and I really hope DR and DD are all over Teresa and expedite the hiring process. It would be a huge blow to Tech if Teresa ended up with Barmore and Mulkey at Baylor. I could see it happening especially if Teresa was getting mentoring for future HC positions elsewhere. I do not know how much mentoring or right kind of mentoring she would get from CL. Things are pretty quiet so we have to hope they are all over it behind the scenes.

I am confident that Spoon will be with us. There is no problem there. She is here because she wants to help restore it.

Cartek,
    I do agree and understand what you are saying, but believe me, besides pecking order, the duties increased 3 fold for other Baylor assistants now.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Question Re: SPOOOOON

Has T-Spoon's hiring been approved by the State Board yet? I see no reason why it wouldn't but I wanted to ask Governor Jindal yesterday ( he spoke at my home church's morning service ) but couldn't get close enough. Just would like to be certain that we've got her before we start penciling her name in as the next HC @ Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Has T-Spoon's hiring been approved by the State Board yet? I see no reason why it wouldn't but I wanted to ask Governor Jindal yesterday ( he spoke at my home church's morning service ) but couldn't get close enough. Just would like to be certain that we've got her before we start penciling her name in as the next HC @ Tech.
    Should just be a stamp, but I haven't heard anything on it. The other assistants might be held up due to the hiring freeze - not that we won't get them, just that I think there are barriers to be jumped over the through with paperwork and committees (just my opinion - I don't have any facts on that).

Puppy TechTalkLacky Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTechTalkLacky Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTechTalkLacky Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTechTalkLacky Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTechTalkLacky Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTechTalkLacky Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post

I talked to her a couple weeks ago for a good hour or so. Expect the same intensity she had on the court from the sideline. It was one of the wildest phone calls I ever had. She started out calm and professional and after every question got louder and faster and more excited till the point when I was just as loud and fast and excited. She's going to be a great coach.

Also don't expect her to be around for years. She wants to be a head coach somewhere. I give her two years before she gets a D1 offer, and she will take it. She really, really wants to see Tech become a powerhouse again, but her dream since she retired is to be a head coach. I don't care how loyal you are, dreams outweigh loyalty every time.

+ Reply to Thread