+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SPOOOOON

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: SPOOOOON

Quote Originally Posted by TechTalkLacky View Post
    I talked to her a couple weeks ago for a good hour or so. Expect the same intensity she had on the court from the sideline. It was one of the wildest phone calls I ever had. She started out calm and professional and after every question got louder and faster and more excited till the point when I was just as loud and fast and excited. She's going to be a great coach.

Also don't expect her to be around for years. She wants to be a head coach somewhere. I give her two years before she gets a D1 offer, and she will take it. She really, really wants to see Tech become a powerhouse again, but her dream since she retired is to be a head coach. I don't care how loyal you are, dreams outweigh loyalty every time.
    That is great to hear. Dreams and loyalty can be one in the same for some, though.

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechTalkLacky View Post
    I talked to her a couple weeks ago for a good hour or so. Expect the same intensity she had on the court from the sideline. It was one of the wildest phone calls I ever had. She started out calm and professional and after every question got louder and faster and more excited till the point when I was just as loud and fast and excited. She's going to be a great coach.

Also don't expect her to be around for years. She wants to be a head coach somewhere. I give her two years before she gets a D1 offer, and she will take it. She really, really wants to see Tech become a powerhouse again, but her dream since she retired is to be a head coach. I don't care how loyal you are, dreams outweigh loyalty every time.
    I would hope that the head coaching position for her could happen at Tech. The challenge is going to be if she does a good job and gets us back in contention then CL may not get run off but if those that see she is the one making it happen then maybe his contract will not get renewed. It will be interestng to see how this plays out. I hope DR and DD pay close attention to the situation and if she does well then make her head coach. We cannot afford another Kim Mulkey or Leon Barmore situation and she needs to be given credit if she steps up and makes it happen.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Up Re: SPOOOOON

Quote Originally Posted by DFWDawg View Post
    I would hope that the head coaching position for her could happen at Tech. The challenge is going to be if she does a good job and gets us back in contention then CL may not get run off but if those that see she is the one making it happen then maybe his contract will not get renewed. It will be interestng to see how this plays out. I hope DR and DD pay close attention to the situation and if she does well then make her head coach. We cannot afford another Kim Mulkey or Leon Barmore situation and she needs to be given credit if she steps up and makes it happen.
    My thoughts exactly!! Why NOT make her the HC @ Tech if she can (help) turn the program around? I also agree that the challenge will be to make sure that DR & DD see who's responsible for the turnaround ( if it occurs ). I'll still reserve judgement on her results for 3 years ( as I did CL ), though. Of course, I feel HIS speak for themselves ( although Champ & others will no doubt disagree ).
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 05-06-2008 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Add comment

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    My thoughts exactly!! Why NOT make her the HC @ Tech if she can (help) turn the program around? I also agree that the challenge will be to make sure that DR & DD see who's responsible for the turnaround ( if it occurs ). I'll still reserve judgement on her results for 3 years ( as I did CL ), though. Of course, I feel HIS speak for themselves ( although Champ & others will no doubt disagree ).

Never stated that the results were good or anywhere close to what I expected. I think Long would even state that.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Never stated that the results were good or anywhere close to what I expected. I think Long would even state that.
    Champ - Maybe not the results but U certainly gave CL every excuse in the book to explain them ( injuries; young players, wait until next year; it's a full moon :icon_wink:; etc ). Let's hope we won't need ANY of them in T-Spoon's case!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Champ - Maybe not the results but U certainly gave CL every excuse in the book to explain them ( injuries; young players, wait until next year; it's a full moon :icon_wink:; etc ). Let's hope we won't need ANY of them in T-Spoon's case!!
    I tend to always look for the positive and can usually find it. I can only control what I think and hope for - not the results. I hope the combination of Long and Spoon is exactly what we are needing at this time.

Big Grin Re: SPOOOOON

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I tend to always look for the positive and can usually find it. I can only control what I think and hope for - not the results. I hope the combination of Long and Spoon is exactly what we are needing at this time.
    AMEN!!!
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 05-06-2008 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Add comment

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

there was a nice - albeit brief - espn cut away to Spoon during a break of the MSU game.. they showed her working out on the court and said she was back at Tech and keeping in shape

+ Reply to Thread