+ Reply to Thread

Thread: espn story on Spoon AND Leon

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

espn story on Spoon AND Leon

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/column...lle&id=3373659

Be warned, though, that the author says Budke was successful at Tech. Just wanted to give a heads up.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: espn story on Spoon AND Leon

Not a horrible story, at least. I really now think that we got the best deal. Barmore is AWESOME and we will always love him - even now. Spoon is the up and comer an can go at this full time. She is relevant to young players all over the country right now and will carry the youthful eager raw emotion with her into coaching. I am pumped up and I think we have a lot more supporters out in WBB land than we think.

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

Someone else mentioned on another thread but there are a lot of blogs and fan sites out there singing the praises and respect of Teresa Weatherspoon. If CL does not hold her back I expect her to do some amazing things with the Techsters. Also, she has lots of contacts in the the WBB world and may be able to help with recruiting.

I really liked this part of the article:

Longtime watchers of this sport are definitely "rooting" for Tech because of what that program and its fans have meant to women's hoops.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DFWDawg View Post
    Someone else mentioned on another thread but there are a lot of blogs and fan sites out there singing the praises and respect of Teresa Weatherspoon. If CL does not hold her back I expect her to do some amazing things with the Techsters. Also, she has lots of contacts in the the WBB world and may be able to help with recruiting.

I really liked this part of the article:

Longtime watchers of this sport are definitely "rooting" for Tech because of what that program and its fans have meant to women's hoops.
    Recruiting will be awesome with her.

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

WHEN DOES SPOON START ??

She will be in Ruston on the 22nd or 26th (can't remember which one). SHe had speaking engagements in NY that she had already given a commitment.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Is she going to enroll in school also to finish her degree? How many hours is she lacking?
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    She will be in Ruston on the 22nd or 26th (can't remember which one). SHe had speaking engagements in NY that she had already given a commitment.
    I hope she brings a couple 6'4" post players with her or at least make the rounds at the high schools up there before coming down to Tech. With her name recognition and all around great respect from those that follow WBB I just have to think it will help her bring in some top recruits. Not to mention in her different roles in WNBA and ABA she likely has all kinds of connections of people who know people who might influence the kinds of recruits we need.

You can get a feel what she would be like coaching in this kids's segment for Nickleodeon, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS3wcjZxZwA. I had also seen on Amazon.com that she has her own book out to for helping young girs become great players. I like her approach in the video as she has a good rapport and also very clear in her explanation and coaching and focusing on fundamentals.

I have spent a lot of time researching her on the internet and hard to find anyting even close to a negative response. WBB fans love her and want to see her succeed. Can't wait until she gets here and starts getting into the groove of her new job.

Quote Originally Posted by DFWDawg View Post
    I hope she brings a couple 6'4" post players with her or at least make the rounds at the high schools up there before coming down to Tech. With her name recognition and all around great respect from those that follow WBB I just have to think it will help her bring in some top recruits. Not to mention in her different roles in WNBA and ABA she likely has all kinds of connections of people who know people who might influence the kinds of recruits we need.

You can get a feel what she would be like coaching in this kids's segment for Nickleodeon, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS3wcjZxZwA. I had also seen on Amazon.com that she has her own book out to for helping young girs become great players. I like her approach in the video as she has a good rapport and also very clear in her explanation and coaching and focusing on fundamentals.

I have spent a lot of time researching her on the internet and hard to find anyting even close to a negative response. WBB fans love her and want to see her succeed. Can't wait until she gets here and starts getting into the groove of her new job.
    I got that book for my Dad a few years back - just because it was TSpoon. It is a great "How to" book.

+ Reply to Thread