+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cubs on pace...

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Cubs on pace...

for 135 win season!:icon_wink: Where are ya' Dwayne?
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Re: Cubs on pace...

History is on their side - the Cubs have won every '08 World Series. Will they repeat this year?

In other news, the Cubs are for sale. The price would probably skyrocket if they were to win it this year. Mark Cuban is one of the potential buyers.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Prayin...

The way my sports teams have performed this year, I felt it better to keep my mouth shut...

''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    They are also on pace to break my heart (again) in September. I told a friend yesterday that the true definition of 'masochist' is a guy who pulls for the Saints and Cubs every year, and truly believes they might win it all every year...yet, I keep doing it.

I have had the chance to see them play in person twice this year (once in spring training down in Mesa, and again in Philly a couple of weeks ago) and their middle relief was terrible both times. During the Mesa game, I was trying to blame it on spring training, but in Philly I had to deal with reality.

Mark Cuban owning the Cubs would be the greatest thing to happen to baseball since sunflower seeds.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Mark Cuban owning the Cubs would be the greatest thing to happen to baseball since sunflower seeds.
    I agree...

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

They are also on pace to break my heart (again) in September. I told a friend yesterday that the true definition of 'masochist' is a guy who pulls for the Saints and Cubs every year, and truly believes they might win it all every year...yet, I keep doing it.

I have had the chance to see them play in person twice this year (once in spring training down in Mesa, and again in Philly a couple of weeks ago) and their middle relief was terrible both times. During the Mesa game, I was trying to blame it on spring training, but in Philly I had to deal with reality.

I wonder if the owners will try to block it. Cuban would turn everything upside down. That is a good thing. (for the Cubs and MLB)

You know what the Cubs would be with Cuban as the owner and no salary cap??

The Yankees or Red Sox. They would be dominant.

2005 Bowl Confidence Contest Champion LaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the rough LaTechRandy's Avatar

The sooner they figure out that Kerry Wood cannot close out games for them the better off they will be....Carlos Marmol is a better short term solution.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Seen the cover of this week's SI?

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Seen the cover of this week's SI?

It has been sitting on may table face down for two days -

I refuse recognize the fact they are on it....

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

As a Cardinals fan, I oppose this. I am counting on baseball and the Cubs to continue their fabulous track record of short-sighted decisions and keep Cuban out (or at least hand-cuff him if he manages to get in).:icon_wink:

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I wonder if the owners will try to block it. Cuban would turn everything upside down. That is a good thing. (for the Cubs and MLB)

You know what the Cubs would be with Cuban as the owner and no salary cap??

The Yankees or Red Sox. They would be dominant.
    I have a few good friends who grew up in Chicago and are bigtime Cubs fans. Last year, when the Tribune Company went up for sale, they said that they already had a buyer lined up for the Cubs because Bud Selig did not want Cuban in the "boys club". I guess it makes sense....Selig makes so many mistakes that he doesn't want anyone pointing it out on national TV. Cuban would do that.

But, if you saw the game two days ago against the Brewers (in Chicago, broadcast on ESPN) Cuban did a great in-game interview with Erin Andrews. He said all the right things and seemed to be trying to win Selig's confidence. He said he was in town to learn more about the deal. After the interview, the commentators of the game said great things about him and seemed to be pulling for him to buy the team.

A few big things Cuban has in his favor:
    1) $$$ and the experience of owning a professional team, which he turned around.

2) He grew up in Indiana and has always been a Cubs fan, so he's not just in it for the money.

3) The fans LOVE him.

4) Sam Zell bought the Tribune Co. and is now talking about selling the naming rights to Wrigley Field. The fans are ready to burn Zell at the stake, and I think that has Selig and the other owners a little rattled. It's one thing to sell the naming rights to a brand new park, but Yankee Stadium, Fenway Park, and Wrigley Field are a different story. Cube wouldn't rename the field and I think Selig likes that. With the fragile state of baseball right now, the last thing Selig and the owners need is a revolt by the fans, and they know it.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Bud Selig
    ...sucks at life.

The Cubs play a series here in Tampa. Those should be some fun games. Fukudome is going to have a rude awakening to rightfield when he meets a fan who actually learned phrases in Japanese just so he could heckle him.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I have a few good friends who grew up in Chicago and are bigtime Cubs fans. Last year, when the Tribune Company went up for sale, they said that they already had a buyer lined up for the Cubs because Bud Selig did not want Cuban in the "boys club". I guess it makes sense....Selig makes so many mistakes that he doesn't want anyone pointing it out on national TV. Cuban would do that.

But, if you saw the game two days ago against the Brewers (in Chicago, broadcast on ESPN) Cuban did a great in-game interview with Erin Andrews. He said all the right things and seemed to be trying to win Selig's confidence. He said he was in town to learn more about the deal. After the interview, the commentators of the game said great things about him and seemed to be pulling for him to buy the team.

A few big things Cuban has in his favor:
    1) $$$ and the experience of owning a professional team, which he turned around.

2) He grew up in Indiana and has always been a Cubs fan, so he's not just in it for the money.

3) The fans LOVE him.

4) Sam Zell bought the Tribune Co. and is now talking about selling the naming rights to Wrigley Field. The fans are ready to burn Zell at the stake, and I think that has Selig and the other owners a little rattled. It's one thing to sell the naming rights to a brand new park, but Yankee Stadium, Fenway Park, and Wrigley Field are a different story. Cube wouldn't rename the field and I think Selig likes that. With the fragile state of baseball right now, the last thing Selig and the owners need is a revolt by the fans, and they know it.
    The man:

1)Loves the CUBS
    2)Eats Peanuts at the games
    3)Drinks Beer at the games
    4)Sits in the stands

It's no wonder the posh "Boys Club" members don't want to let him in...he's too good for them, or the other way around. I agree with Stray-he's the best thing to happen to baseball in a LONG time. That being said the darn CUBS better get their heads out of their butts or they are going to drop this one in St Louis!
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

+ Reply to Thread