+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coach Dooley wants "apartments" for players

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Coach Dooley wants "apartments" for players

Quote Originally Posted by Coachdawg View Post
    Coach Dooley told the folks in Shreveport, about 1,000 in attendance, that if everyone there gave $20 a month the players could have those apartments. WELL, I get a little SS check every month for $28 and will give that every month until there is enough money collected for the apartments. If 1,000 people gave $20 a month for a year, $240,000 would be there. I'M GAME.

That would be big for recruiting good football players each year. You should come over here in Texas and see the facilities that these kids play football in. They look for the same when they choose a University to play football for.

I think we can get this done. WHAT DO YOU THINK DFM, MICKEYS14, DQDAWG, CHC, STRAYDAWG AND ALL THE OTHER MEMBERS OF BBB? WHAT ABOUT IT INSIDER?

Hell, I pay $20 every two to three weeks for a hair cut (that doesn't include shampooing MICKEYS14 ). I KNOW I CAN AFFORD THAT $28 SPOT.

HOW MANY FRIENDS DO EACH OF US HAVE THAT ARE TECH GRADUATES THAT WE CAN ASK TO GIVE $240 A YEAR FOR THIS CAUSE?
    Maybe you could get Memdawg to donate that money to Tech that he's been sending to lsu.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I've been thinking about this for a while and I've decided to give something a try. You know how difficult it is to tell your family what they should be doing with their money...at least without getting into fights. I've all but decided to give each family (wife's, mine, ect) a gift membership. That way, the school has their info and they can then ask THEM if they want to give more or renew their membership. I'm just a student, so I may have to do one family every year until they're all taken care of, but I think this is a good way to "suggest" that those who aren't giving, start giving.
    I did something similar to this with a family member. I got the season ticket Buzzdawg (everyone should green dot Buzzdawg for starting this) gave away last year. I turned around and bought the seat next to it (with Brenda's help) and gave then both to my father(in-law). (He's a leader of the family who has been burned by Oakes) That, with our (my wife & I) commitment to TECH has convienced him to buy season tickets this year. Now he's talking about giving to Champs (or LTAC or Tech 2000) again. I also made sure he was on every snail mail and email list I was on and told everyone at TECH what I was doing. It hard for people to say "No, not this year." Renewing is easy.

My point is 2 years ago at a "family" crawfish boil (14 of the 22 attending were TECH Alumns) my wife and I called out our (her's) family and the lack of support they gave to TECH. Well, that went over like a turd in the punch bowl because of the anti Jim Oakes flowing through the family because what Oakes personally did to my father (in-law). I was told that night that if I could ever get my father (in-law) to support TECH again the whole family would support TECH.

I'm that close! And it all started with Buzzdawg!
    Johnny, my suggestion is find the family member everyone respects (and possibly has a geniune complaint) the most and focus on him/her. We aren't that far removed from the herd or bandwagon mentality. If you get the leaders the rest will come. And unless you have unlimited income focusing on the whole family can be too much for one man.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    I'm in and I've recruited at least 5 new CHAMPS members since the fall. I hope to add a few more at our crawfish boil next weekend.
    Was FARfromaFAN one of those??

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

I love what Dooley's doing. But did I read that he wants to get rid of the State-T??? Thems fightin' words. The same brand recognition argument he makes about "La Tech" applies to the State-T.

Don't F with my State-T! (The "F" stands for.... fiddle. Yeah, that's it.)

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Dooley's not DROPPING the state-T logo. It's been refined however.
    Sorry you've missed these discussions.
    Above is the link to just ONE of them.

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51467&highlight=logo

In qng's signature, he includes the refined Tech logo. NVRK9, can you tell us the differences?

Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog DarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really nice

I Will Be There!

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Coachdawg, I remember when you or me DIDN"T have $20 to spend on anything!!! Your wife still cuts your hair, you ain't fooling me.

The comment from DD at the Boil that I liked best was "I'm in this for the long haul, and I'm NOT going to let you down". It was truly a great event, over 60 corporate tables sold. The TAG boys did a fantastic job. I emailed the Memphis alums yesterday, they're having one of these events in a week or so. Hope they're just as successful.

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

I am in as this is much needed. It is not clear how to go about this though. I already contribute to LTAC and special projects and Foundation when students call for fundraising and so on. Would the goal be to cut another check to LTAC and specify Apartments? This is going to get very hard for Tech to track because of all the different projects we contribute to. Was the point at the function to just give more to LTAC and from that he could move the team to the Apartments or was there some special project to donate to?

It would be great if the corp sponsors at the event could sponsor this one project and coordinate it with Coach Dooley. That way we can focus on the special projects and up our amount to LTAC as well as others mentioned getting other family members or alumni we know to contribute. I think this really needs to happen in order to seal the deal in recruiting since that seems to be a rubbing point with recruits.

I guess as confusing as it can be for those processing our donations they could set it up as a special project and we designate Apartments on the next check. If it is that important and sounds like it is a form should be sent to ever living Tech alumni to respond to and pitch in for this. Folks tend to understand if the request is for a specific purpose and the form could have a picture of the dorm versus the apartments.

Sorry for the long post as I hate reading them as well but just want to understand how to do this in some coordinated effort.

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    Dooley's not DROPPING the state-T logo. It's been refined however.
    Sorry you've missed these discussions.
    Thanks for the heads up. I searched the General forum but didn't see anything. But my BBBing isn't what it used to be. Good to hear it's not going away.

Varsity Bulldog Coachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I'm all for it, Coach. I've got you beat on the haircut (I only pay $15, but it's a cute little asian girl, so I usually tip her) and I think Coach Dooley has a bigger vision than most people realize.

I think the problem with this will be the same problem we have with most fundraisers on this board....we are preaching to the choir. Most people on this board already give, so we each need to do as you suggested and find Tech grad friends who do not currently give, but can spare $20 per month.

Since all of their kids are grown, I will call my parents (both Tech grads) and tell them that Maxie said they need to donate...OR ELSE!!
    Yes, you know that your parents will do what Maxie said. Ronnie might baulk.

Varsity Bulldog Coachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Maybe you could get Memdawg to donate that money to Tech that he's been sending to lsu.
    Don--Memdawg got the same post that you got about the apartments. Now it's his call whether he donates or not. I don't tell him what to do with his money.

Big Dog barkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Hmmm, Dooley's the athletic director but I see much hasn't changed. It is still give give give and the only people giving are fans. The same people who must give to purchase tickets and give to purchase concessions and give to send their students to school. There is only so much you are going to squeeze out of the fans especially with the economy and gas prices as bad as they are. What's next from Dooley? Give us your stimulus check?? How about we get exxon mobil or
    wal-mart to sponsor Tech?? I thought that was what Dooley was going to do different from Oakes. However, I see it is more of the same.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barkinloud View Post
    Hmmm, Dooley's the athletic director but I see much hasn't changed. It is still give give give and the only people giving are fans. The same people who must give to purchase tickets and give to purchase concessions and give to send their students to school. There is only so much you are going to squeeze out of the fans especially with the economy and gas prices as bad as they are. What's next from Dooley? Give us your stimulus check?? How about we get exxon mobil or
    wal-mart to sponsor Tech?? I thought that was what Dooley was going to do different from Oakes. However, I see it is more of the same.
    Haha. You know, with Oakes as our AD you at least at some legitamite points. But here, you aren't making any sense. He is completely different from Oakes. Come up with something better than that.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barkinloud View Post
    Riddle me this, riddle me that. When was the last time that you're boy went to the CASUAL fans, the lost alumni, the former DAWG players and spoke??

When did JOakes go to Shreveport and talk to over 700+ TECH fans??

Memphis??

Northshore??

Baton Rouge??

Dallas??

Watch the presentation and then tell me that Dooley isn't twice the AD that JOakes was already. Actually, since you are from Shreveport, were you at our event Thursday??

Big Dog barkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Yes, I was. Impressive speech and presentation, however this is all just words. Can he put any of this into action.............I highly doubt it and I'm not the only one. Many came away impressed witht he presentation but their final words were "too bad it's just talk".

+ Reply to Thread