+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech Police

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Tech Police

Just curious on what is considered handicapped parking and what the Tech Police expect you to do when you are waiting on someone who had to run up their room real quick. I had a fun experience with this tonight with a Tech Police officer giving me a ticket for sitting in a handicapped spot by UP (2 other handicapped spots right next to me) while not even in park waiting for my girlfriend to come back down. No warning or anything. All he did was give me a ticket and say "Are you handicapped?"

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Re: Tech Police

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Just curious on what is considered handicapped parking and what the Tech Police expect you to do when you are waiting on someone who had to run up their room real quick. I had a fun experience with this tonight with a Tech Police officer giving me a ticket for sitting in a handicapped spot by UP (2 other handicapped spots right next to me) while not even in park waiting for my girlfriend to come back down. No warning or anything. All he did was give me a ticket and say "Are you handicapped?"

Nothing personal, but two things really piss me off. Folks without a sticker parking in a handicapped spot, and folks with a sticker (because of a handicapped relative) parking in a handicapped spot without the handicapped relative along for the ride. I'd pay the ticket and remember it next time.

But then again, laws were made to be broken. Next time, DON'T GET CAUGHT ! ! !

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

But if you are in the car and the car is running, are you really "parked" in a handicap spot? Like you, I also despise those who park in handicap spots inappropriately, but I don't know if I agree that someone should get a ticket for trying to be considerate. If Juice had instead decided pull over by the other parked cars and partially block the traffic flow, would you prefer that?

I'm surprised he just didn't tell you to move.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    ... If Juice had instead decided pull over by the other parked cars and partially block the traffic flow, would you prefer that?
    I don't know.
    I wasn't there.
    I don't care.

Here's the key point: DON'T GET CAUGHT ! ! !

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Nothing personal, but two things really piss me off. Folks without a sticker parking in a handicapped spot, and folks with a sticker (because of a handicapped relative) parking in a handicapped spot without the handicapped relative along for the ride. I'd pay the ticket and remember it next time.

But then again, laws were made to be broken. Next time, DON'T GET CAUGHT ! ! !
    Oh I hate that too. If there was only one handicapped spot then I would have done something else but the fact that there were 2 others right beside me and only one handicapped guy that lived in the area made me decide to sit there and wait. I know don't get caught but we will see if I did actually get caught. I intend to fight it because I wasn't parked.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Oh I hate that too. If there was only one handicapped spot then I would have done something else but the fact that there were 2 others right beside me and only one handicapped guy that lived in the area made me decide to sit there and wait. I know don't get caught but we will see if I did actually get caught. I intend to fight it because I wasn't parked.
    Good Luck on that ! ! ! :icon_wink:

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

That is ridiculous. I would fight it, too. I mean, if you had run inside with your girlfriend that would be one thing. But you were sitting right there. Ridiculous.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Did you know that if you are sitting in the driver's seat and the key is in the ignition and you are drunk, you can get a DWI even if you aren't driving? I don't know that first hand but have heard that. Just because you were sitting in the car doesn't mean you weren't parked. In fact, if you weren't moving or stopped in traffic, then, I think that constitutes as being parked considering you were in a PARKING LOT.

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Parking in a handicapped spot when you are not handicapped is wrong. Be glad you only got a Tech Parking Ticket instead of the ones the Ruston Police hand out. $250.00 first offense, $500.00 each subsequence offense. Tech Police has those tickets too...

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan71227 View Post
    Parking in a handicapped spot when you are not handicapped is wrong. Be glad you only got a Tech Parking Ticket instead of the ones the Ruston Police hand out. $250.00 first offense, $500.00 each subsequence offense. Tech Police has those tickets too...
    Question. Where do ya'll expect people to sit and wait when they are with someone that has to run up to their room real quick? Where can you sit for loading and unloading? There is not a spot over there. There are 4 handicapped spots in that one section with another 4 on the other side of the buildings. It is a messed up system and either you can take an ego trip and give someone a ticket or in a case where there are plenty of other spots you can take the extra effort and give them a warning. Were you the one that gave me the ticket? I have no problem with Tech police in general. I have been pulled over for going 25 in a 20 and running a yellow light (was green when I was 5 feet from it). Just curious what I we are expected to do since it wasn't thought through enough to give a loading/unloading.

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

If your girlfriend only had to "run up real quick," why didn't you just drop her off, make a loop, and pick her up?

Just playing devil's advocate...

Quote Originally Posted by playdablues View Post
    If your girlfriend only had to "run up real quick," why didn't you just drop her off, make a loop, and pick her up?
    Yeah; that wouldn't even take much more gasoline than sitting there parked with your engine running. ??

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Fight it! Tech Police have been total assholes and wretched losers for at least the last 30 years. The dumb sonofabitch had probably run out of something to do so he decided he'd write a parking ticket to someone sitting in the car with their engine running. What a damned joke! BTW, if you are sitting in the car with the engine running...you ain't parked!
    Last edited by CARTEK; 05-05-2008 at 06:53 AM.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by playdablues View Post

Just playing devil's advocate...
    That is something I could have done and would have done if there was only 1 handicapped spot. But I didn't think it was something I had to do since I wasn't "parking."

Big Dog bdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    But if you are in the car and the car is running, are you really "parked" in a handicap spot? Like you, I also despise those who park in handicap spots inappropriately, but I don't know if I agree that someone should get a ticket for trying to be considerate. If Juice had instead decided pull over by the other parked cars and partially block the traffic flow, would you prefer that?

I'm surprised he just didn't tell you to move.
    i hope that i missed the sarcasm here.....and good luck fighting the ticket, but if I was you I would go ahead and make the check out.

+ Reply to Thread