+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech Police

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Re: Tech Police

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan71227 View Post
    Yes. His vehicle was in a parking space, stopped and out of gear. He was parked.
    Are you the one that wrote the ticket?

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Here's a tidbit of information:

West's Louisiana Statutory Criminal Law and Proceedure 2008 defines parking as:

"Park" or "Parking" means the standing of a vehicle, whether occupied or not, otherwise than temporarily for the purpose of and while actually engaged in loading or unloading merchandise or passengers.

By the definition of the law, Juice was in violation. There was nobody present at the vehicle other than him, therefore he was not actually engaged in the loading or unloading of passengers. Therefore he was PARKED. (see above definition)

West's Law is the book that Judges and Prosecutors use daily in court for trials.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

I'm SURE that's the reason he stayed in the car...lol!

"Run upstairs real quick while I sit and wait in the car in case any handicapped persons need to park" -
    Actually detective that is exactly the case. In the few times I did what got me the ticket, I ALWAYS moved when it looked like the spot I was in was needed.

"Park" or "Parking" means the standing of a vehicle, whether occupied or not, otherwise than temporarily for the purpose of and while actually engaged in loading or unloading merchandise or passengers.

By the definition of the law, Juice was in violation. There was nobody present at the vehicle other than him, therefore he was not actually engaged in the loading or unloading of passengers. Therefore he was PARKED. (see above definition)

West's Law is the book that Judges and Prosecutors use daily in court for trials.
    Finally we are getting somewhere. Thank you for breaking the cylce of only saying "shouldn't have done it." So what is engaged? Does that mean until she is by my car actually loading stuff I can get a ticket?"

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Looks like the ticket was wrongfully given. The car was temporarily stopped and they were engaged in loading the vehicle. In any event, the car wasn't standing. I believe it was running.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Looks like Dawgfan has defeated his own point. Just because the person isn't present actually unloading doesn't mean unloading isn't taking place. As Juice pointed out earlier, vendors do this all the time with no repurcussions, and I guarantee you their vans aren't running with anyone watching them to move them if need be. The car was being unloaded. Dawgfan is wrong. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't at least one lawyer on the board who is local who wouldn't show up pro bono on Juice's behalf if he's not got something else going on.

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

He wasn't unloading. He was sitting in the car with nobody else present. That isn't loading or unloading. "Standing" means sitting still. So there goes that argument too.

I have grown weary of street lawyers, so I'm unsubscribing from this thread. He was PARKED!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

As long as he had the flashers on, he's good to go.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I have grown weary of street lawyers, so I'm unsubscribing from this thread. He was PARKED!
    I think at least one "real" lawyer (or more) has posted on this thread.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

He wasn't unloading. He was sitting in the car with nobody else present. That isn't loading or unloading. "Standing" means sitting still. So there goes that argument too.
    If the vending man wasn't present at his van while he was loading the machines inside the building, would he have been eligible for a violation?

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Depends on whether he was the guy who puts the Hot Fries or RC Cola in the machine. I'm on that guy's side:icon_wink:
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    If the vending man wasn't present at his van while he was loading the machines inside the building, would he have been eligible for a violation?
    Hell yeh, you have to be able to load and be in your car at the same time.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

What rules are not followed? Please cite a specific example where Ipersonally broke a rule and then held someone accountable to the same rule. You can't name one. You might cite " a cop did this or a cop did that", but it won't be me you are talking about. I'm not playing "holier than thou", I just simply don't break rules and expect others to follow them. It's a very easy concept to follow. Other officers may break rules, but they aren't the ones posting to this board, so blasting me doesn't solve anything. I'll defend my actions all day long, but others will have to defend their own.
    Again, do you speed? Yes. Are you a police officer? Yes. Do you give yourself a ticket everytime you speed? No.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Honest question, does West's Law apply to Tech's parking regulations?

+ Reply to Thread