+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Tech Police

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Re: Tech Police

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    He has every right in the world to right that ticket.
    If by "right" you mean "authority," then I will agree. I do not believe he was "correct."

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Dawg Dude, you are wise beyond your years. What are you planning for your major at TECH?
    Thank you..

And Business?

I plan on being a chef, I was thinking Business at Tech, then Culinary school at the Texas Culinary Institute (ranked #2 in the nation) or at least try to get in, then open up a restaurant.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    If by "right" you mean "authority," then I will agree. I do not believe he was "correct."
    It is like the cop that pulls somebody over for going 1 mph over the speed limit everyone breaks the law but there is one person/group that wants to go by the book on it just so they can get some extra money. Speed trap. Sooner or later people speed before and after that jurisdiction but slow down below the speed limit when they get there.

I think most cops would not have given me a ticket. Heck most cops probably wouldn't have even asked me to move considering the situation. But in this case he is enforcing a law out of context. Now obviously all the lawyers out there see a huge problem in Tech's failure to define parking. In an actual court that may or may not hold up. But on Tech's campus I think that will be a non issue.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    It is like the cop that pulls somebody over for going 1 mph over the speed limit everyone breaks the law but there is one person/group that wants to go by the book on it just so they can get some extra money. Speed trap. Sooner or later people speed before and after that jurisdiction but slow down below the speed limit when they get there.

I think most cops would not have given me a ticket. Heck most cops probably wouldn't have even asked me to move considering the situation. But in this case he is enforcing a law out of context. Now obviously all the lawyers out there see a huge problem in Tech's failure to define parking. In an actual court that may or may not hold up. But on Tech's campus I think that will be a non issue.
    I'm going to have to disgree with you on that one. In some cases you are correct. In your case, I think it's an example of a person in a position of authority with a self complex issue that uses his position to flex this govt. granted authority in order to bolster his ego and make him feel more important that he is.

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Everyone wants to either tell me how to do my job or bitches about the way I do it... Either way is fine with me. It isn't going to change the way I do it even a little. The truth is, not one of you who are gripping would do the job I do. If you would, stop by personnel and get an application. We have openings.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan71227 View Post
    Everyone wants to either tell me how to do my job or bitches about the way I do it... Either way is fine with me. It isn't going to change the way I do it even a little. The truth is, not one of you who are gripping would do the job I do. If you would, stop by personnel and get an application. We have openings.
    Get off the high horse, bruh.

Everyone in my family, except myself, is involved in law enforcement in some capacity. None of them have half the ego you do.

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    None of them have half the ego you do.
    You don't know me from Adam to know what kind of ego I have.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

You don't know me from Adam to know what kind of ego I have.
    I've got 21 pages of material to go on!

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Here is the deal. Neither side is going to convince the other of anything they don't already believe.

I am sure the the officer in this case is well within his authority- both in Tech ordinances, the ADA, and probably Ruston if not Louisiana law. That being said could he have asked the student to move yes. I don't really feel like hitting my books to research such trivial code as to whether you could squeeze this in as loading or unloading.

Was the student in the wrong, yes.

Now that being said, I will not speak to anyones ego other than to say that the remark about what we would or would not do, and or have done, is a little over the top. I work with law enforcement officers everyday as part of my legal studies program for my school district. I finally showed them this after about page 15 or so and they have been very entertained. Out of about 150 city and county officers and judicial personnel it's about 125 would not hvae bothered to write the ticket and about 25 would, give or take depending on things like students attitude, time, etc. The thing most telling to me is 150 out of 150 said it was unprofessional to take part in this discussion outside of the office and to debate a decision on the internet was childish on both sides.

I personally applied for the FBI, before I screwed my leg up, and am currently working with a private contract firm to possibly go over into Iraq and work with a friend for 12 months as his assistant (he is ex marine) we will be armed and outside the green zone. Most people wouldn't do his job either, or mine and I teach we have lots of openings.

Law enforcement have a very difficult job, but sometimes make it harder on themselves. They also do not get the respect they deserve from a large portion of the population.

Please let this summation end this thread, and everyone go over to the +/- game thread and destroy southern miss, ulm, ull, and **** eastern michigan.

Thanks and Happy 4th.... God bless America

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar

Officer = Dipshit. End of story.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

The truth is, not one of you who are gripping would do the job I do. If you would, stop by personnel and get an application. We have openings.
    LOL, oh is that so? I'll tell you what, I will joyfully trade you jobs for two weeks (that's all the vacation I have). We'll see how well that "walk a mile in their shoes" adage works.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    Here is the deal. Neither side is going to convince the other of anything they don't already believe.

I am sure the the officer in this case is well within his authority- both in Tech ordinances, the ADA, and probably Ruston if not Louisiana law. That being said could he have asked the student to move yes. I don't really feel like hitting my books to research such trivial code as to whether you could squeeze this in as loading or unloading.

Was the student in the wrong, yes.

Now that being said, I will not speak to anyones ego other than to say that the remark about what we would or would not do, and or have done, is a little over the top. I work with law enforcement officers everyday as part of my legal studies program for my school district. I finally showed them this after about page 15 or so and they have been very entertained. Out of about 150 city and county officers and judicial personnel it's about 125 would not hvae bothered to write the ticket and about 25 would, give or take depending on things like students attitude, time, etc. The thing most telling to me is 150 out of 150 said it was unprofessional to take part in this discussion outside of the office and to debate a decision on the internet was childish on both sides.

I personally applied for the FBI, before I screwed my leg up, and am currently working with a private contract firm to possibly go over into Iraq and work with a friend for 12 months as his assistant (he is ex marine) we will be armed and outside the green zone. Most people wouldn't do his job either, or mine and I teach we have lots of openings.

Law enforcement have a very difficult job, but sometimes make it harder on themselves. They also do not get the respect they deserve from a large portion of the population.

Please let this summation end this thread, and everyone go over to the +/- game thread and destroy southern miss, ulm, ull, and **** eastern michigan.

Thanks and Happy 4th.... God bless America
    I see you are from McKinney. We are walking out the door right now heading there. My son is playing at Craig's Ranch today at 2:00. Nice facility.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Yes it is. Next time you are heading this way let me know and I will buy you a beer. I live in stonebridge off the Dye course. I played CR once it is really a fun course. If you are staying over night and need anything pm me and I will be glad to help.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    Yes it is. Next time you are heading this way let me know and I will buy you a beer. I live in stonebridge off the Dye course. I played CR once it is really a fun course. If you are staying over night and need anything pm me and I will be glad to help.
    Thanks for the offer. We play at Craig's Ranch offen. My sister lives in Flower Mound, so we are visiting her tonight.

This is a pretty good tourney. We got a four seed and play at noon tomorrow. I can sleep in.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    I've got 21 pages of material to go on!
    There may be 21 pages of thread, but that hardly qualifies as 21 pages of my "ego". The simple fact is, you don't know me and I don't know you. You have no idea what makes me tick, and I have no idea what makes you tick. I find it humorous that anyone would think they know all about me because of a few lines I have typed in a thread. Writing parking tickets is only a small part of being a police officer. It doesn't give me "power'". That's laughable. It's part of my J-O-B that I am paid to do. End of story.

Since everyone seems to know me so well, I extend an open invitation. Stop by the house sometime and we'll sit out on the porch with a glass of iced tea and discuss anything you want to discuss. As far as handicapped parking tickets at U.P., I'm done... Next topic please!!

+ Reply to Thread