+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech Police

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Re: Tech Police

It's a tax.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    It's a tax.
    Yes it is and similar to the one that your Rep is fighting so hard against in towns like Baskin. While I'm in favor of what H.D. is trying to do, it is strange that he has not spoken out about the state funds made available to LSP and other law enforcement to assist them in giving out the "quota speeding tickets".

Big Dog honker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    I stopped by today and they wouldn't even let me talk to anybody (which is all I really wanted to do). Instead I took a step I really didn't want to and filed an appeal with the Traffic and Parking Committee. I am not sure if I will even have time for this so they might get me to pay the ticket and be done with it. I know that is exactly what they want and they are able to take advantage of college kids because some of us don't have the time to go through this process.
    You should consult with Starr Jones on this issue because she is a LawYa

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan71227 View Post
    In life, there are rules, such as not parking in handicapped zones. Handicapped zones are created for those with physical disabilities to have a place to park near handicapped ramps, etc. They are not designated as loading zones or temporary parking zones. There are people hired to enforce the rules. These people are called Police. They get paid to enforce the rules. When you choose to break the rules, there is very good chance you will cross paths with these people. Don't be surprised when they enforce the rules, because that is what they are paid to do. Unless I am mistaken, Tech has no designated loading zones at any dorm or at University Park. I haven't seen any.
    What is at issue is if he was "parked" or not.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Definition of "parking" under the La revised statutes:

LA RS 32:1

"(46) "Park" or "parking" means the standing of a vehicle, whether occupied or not, otherwise than temporarily for the purpose of and while actually engaged in loading or unloading merchandise or passengers."

http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?folder=106

http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=88016

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    I guess one good thing about this situation is I have learned about all the stupid stuff they write tickets for. For example did you know that if back into a parking spot you can get a ticket? Even if it is a double parking section and you pull all the way through into a parking spot they can and will give you a ticket. I learned even recently they have been taking advantage of the poor gravel parking lot and giving people a ticket if they say you are past the "lines" of a parking spot.
    I hate this rule (my most recent school had it as well).

The only possible reason for it is to make it easier on the decal checkers/ticket writers. I'm all for making life easier on security departments in areas where it matters, but this is just silly (assuming that the only reason is to make things easier on those checking for parking stickers).
    It comes down to this for me - the convenience (however slight) of those paying to be there (the students) should trump the convenience (when equally slight) of those being paid to be there (the decal checkers).
    This is really a tiny inconvenvience for drivers (how often is it really more useful to be backed in?), but it is also a tiny inconvenience for the police/ticket writers (if you can't see my sticker, look for it when you go down the next row or get out and walk around).
    Last edited by inudesu; 05-05-2008 at 12:40 PM.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Like I said the Keystone cop ran out of real work.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Some cops are jerks and expend more energy punishing people than helping people. The one time I needed the Tech police to investigate an issue they put zero effort into it. My car was hit while I was in class and they basically told me "tough luck buddy."

And yet they will jump through hoops to be a jerk about parking.....

And the very short bald guy has some serious "little man" syndrome going on.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    And the very short bald guy has some serious "little man" syndrome going on.

It's notorious. One angry, short guy.

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Everyone is quick to hate the police. They do a job that most can't or won't do. Everyone gets pissed about a parking ticket, but has no idea about what else goes on around the Tech campus. What about the officer who talked a suicidal student out of doing it? What about the officer who stopped the bully from making a students college experience a living hell? What about the officer who caught the car burglars that Ruston couldn't, What about the officer who arrested the guy who was stalking a female student? What about the officer who takes drunk drivers off the roads before they can hurt or kill themselves or someone else. The old saying about before you judge someone walk a mile in their shoes comes to mind.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Everyone is quick to hate the police. They do a job that most can't or won't do. Everyone gets pissed about a parking ticket, but has no idea about what else goes on around the Tech campus. What about the officer who talked a suicidal student out of doing it? What about the officer who stopped the bully from making a students college experience a living hell? What about the officer who caught the car burglars that Ruston couldn't, What about the officer who arrested the guy who was stalking a female student? What about the officer who takes drunk drivers off the roads before they can hurt or kill themselves or someone else. The old saying about before you judge someone walk a mile in their shoes comes to mind.
    What about the cop that was a dick?

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

He's the same one that did the above stuff.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

He's the same one that did the above stuff.
    true I reckon

But just because he does good doesn't mean he is always right.

Puppy LaTech.Pike seems to have something between the earsLaTech.Pike seems to have something between the earsLaTech.Pike seems to have something between the earsLaTech.Pike seems to have something between the earsLaTech.Pike seems to have something between the earsLaTech.Pike seems to have something between the earsLaTech.Pike seems to have something between the ears

Most people don't usually scratch unless it itches. If people are being critical its because they have earned it. The majority of the time they DO act like jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by LaTech.Pike View Post
    Most people don't usually scratch unless it itches. If people are being critical its because they have earned it. The majority of the time they DO act like jerks.
    How many officers do you know personally? Maybe if people in the yard quit yelling "F*ck Tech Police" when a Tech Police Car rides by the Pike house they wouldn't act like jerks to you. There's a thought.

+ Reply to Thread