+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's Fault?

Big Dog TruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the rough TruDawg's Avatar

Who's Fault?

This season started off good, but in the middle we started to play horrible. Who's fault is it, do you think the coaches are at fault for pitching and playing the wrong players too many times after they started to play bad, or the players for not playing to their ability?
    Comments-

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Who's Fault?

I don't think we can pin our status on one or the other. It's clear to me that BOTH have to shoulder quite a bit of the blame.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I agree that both the players and coaches must share the blame for this dissastrous season, but the coaches are the ones that built this team and they are the ones who control things. I know it comes down to the players making the plays but once again its the coaches who decide who plays and the strategy of the game. If coaches weren't important there wouldn't be any.

Remember these players were invited by our coaches to play for Tech. Regardless of the talent and skills the players bring once they are on the team it is the coach's responsibility to develop the players.

Sim has said he is evaluating the players to decide who will be back for next season. That's fine and to be expected no matter how the season ends. But in a team game everyone must share in the team's successes or shortcomings. Not only should the players be evaluated but the coaches should too. I would be very dissappointed if only the players suffered for this seasons results.

The players don't have a say in how things are decided and in that respect things aren't entirely fair. I hope there is genuine maturity and accountability in how things are set up for next season. A double standard of players leaving and coaches staying won't help this team in the years to come.

Please don't read into this that I think Sims should go. That's not my point.

Varsity Bulldog rustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her game

Plenty of blame to go around. Can't put it in any one place, combination of several things cost us this season. Poor pitching at times, poor hitting at times, poor defense most of the time, and a few questionable coaching decisions.

And while it might sound like a flimsy excuse, we have the absolute worst luck of any team I've ever seen. We pretty much didn't catch a single break all year.

Add to it the completely horrible officiating that Tech has to put up with in all sports, and there's your 20-27 record.

Like I said, LOTS of blame to go around in several different areas. Most in Tech's control, some not.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rustondawg5198 View Post
    Plenty of blame to go around. Can't put it in any one place, combination of several things cost us this season. Poor pitching at times, poor hitting at times, poor defense most of the time, and a few questionable coaching decisions.

And while it might sound like a flimsy excuse, we have the absolute worst luck of any team I've ever seen. We pretty much didn't catch a single break all year.

Add to it the completely horrible officiating that Tech has to put up with in all sports, and there's your 20-27 record.

Like I said, LOTS of blame to go around in several different areas. Most in Tech's control, some not.
    But even if luck went our way and we were 27 - 20 instead of our current 20 - 27, 27 wins would not have been a good year for this team. This is just a year to learn from and move on.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I think I'm to blame. My high expectations for this year's team doomed us to failure.

Champ Goose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to behold Goose's Avatar

To me it doesn't even matter.....we should have been a lot better, bottom line.
    I would agree with Johnny though.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I think I'm to blame. My high expectations for this year's team doomed us to failure.
    Me too...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Varsity Bulldog rustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her game

Still need a good crowd for the ULM game next Tuesday. We need to show the guys - particularly the seniors - that we still love them and appreciate what they've done over the last four years. Yes, this year was a disappointment, but it could be worse.

Also, I hope we have a decent turnout for the WAC Tournament, at least for the night games and for the Saturday/Sunday games. It's a chance to show the WAC and the rest of the college sports world that even if our team isn't in it, Ruston can support a tournament of this magnitude. People that live in or near Ruston, particularly those with season tickets, really have no excuse not to go.

Since the WAC has gone to a rotation for most sports, we'll likely be hosting some other conference events in the coming years. If we don't want those taken away from us, we need fan support to make the WAC feel good about letting us have tournaments.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Still need a good crowd for the ULM game next Tuesday. We need to show the guys - particularly the seniors - that we still love them and appreciate what they've done over the last four years. Yes, this year was a disappointment, but it could be worse.

Also, I hope we have a decent turnout for the WAC Tournament, at least for the night games and for the Saturday/Sunday games. It's a chance to show the WAC and the rest of the college sports world that even if our team isn't in it, Ruston can support a tournament of this magnitude. People that live in or near Ruston, particularly those with season tickets, really have no excuse not to go.

Since the WAC has gone to a rotation for most sports, we'll likely be hosting some other conference events in the coming years. If we don't want those taken away from us, we need fan support to make the WAC feel good about letting us have tournaments.
    good post

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Great post, we dont need to give the WAC any more ammunition to send us packing. Even with the viable excuse that our team isnt in the tournament, I believe it would still be used to black ball us even more.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Re: Who's Fault?

Can someone figure this one out?....... In game #2, Jericho found himself in a pitchers duel with Nevadas' ace ( the score was knotted 1-1 going into the 7th inning). Jericho gives up a single and a homerun that should've hooked foul by 50 feet but the crosswind blew it back to the rightfield foulpole. He gets a routine groundball to third base that gets airmailed to firstbase and the runner gets all the way to 2nd base on the overthrow.The nex't batter bunts him over to 3rd base. The coaches decide to yank Jericho out of the game who is obviously not too happy with the decision. Jericho had thrown 74 pitches in 6.1 innings ( 53 for strikes)....thats only 11.7 pitches per inning and he had excellent control of his pitches ( he had only1 walk).We went on to self implode like we have countless times this season. When the defense screws up why does the coaching staff take it out on the pitcher on the mound at the time? I just don't get it.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by falcon View Post
    Can someone figure this one out?....... In game #2, Jericho found himself in a pitchers duel with Nevadas' ace ( the score was knotted 1-1 going into the 7th inning). Jericho gives up a single and a homerun that should've hooked foul by 50 feet but the crosswind blew it back to the rightfield foulpole. He gets a routine groundball to third base that gets airmailed to firstbase and the runner gets all the way to 2nd base on the overthrow.The nex't batter bunts him over to 3rd base. The coaches decide to yank Jericho out of the game who is obviously not too happy with the decision. Jericho had thrown 74 pitches in 6.1 innings ( 53 for strikes)....thats only 11.7 pitches per inning and he had excellent control of his pitches ( he had only1 walk).We went on to self implode like we have countless times this season. When the defense screws up why does the coaching staff take it out on the pitcher on the mound at the time? I just don't get it.

I think the coaches really don't know what to try at this point. Nothing they've tried has worked.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by falcon View Post
    Better than last year where we keep our pitchers in too long. I understand Jericho's point of view but Jericho is the kind of guy that never gives up. I can't see him saying he is gassed in that particular game, even if he throws 200 pitches. Sim pulled him because it has been a long season and he doesn't want to over do JJ especially when we still need his bat. He might have pulled him too early but you never know what could have happened.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

All I know is it's damn embarrassing that the WAC tournament is here and we aren't even in it. What a shame.

+ Reply to Thread