+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Haynesville Shale

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Haynesville Shale

Ok, y'all fess up. Which one of you mugs has land in this area??? I heard a story of a guy that held a public office and he lease his land and got a check for somewhere around 1.25-1.5 million. He called the next day and retired.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs...805040326/1046

$3000 - $7000 an acre for a lease. who would'a thunk it.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Re: Haynesville Shale

I know several companies (including the one I work for) are looking to buy leases in that area. In the Ft. Worth (Barnett Shale) play, Chesapeake Energy is paying up to $20,000 per acre for rights. All I can say is wow. I hope the trend continues to SE Louisiana where my parents are and the 50 acres we have lol.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

The wife's grandmother owns some land there.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    In the Ft. Worth (Barnett Shale) play, Chesapeake Energy is paying up to $20,000 per acre for rights.
    That is misleading. They are not paying individual owners $20,000 an acre. They are paying owners with an interest in a tract a certain fee (maybe $1000) for there 1/20th interest or whatever, and when you add up all the heirs (interests) it comes out to $20,000/acre. They are not paying large owners $20,000/acre, but they are starting to get ridiculous amounts of money. I've heard of families turning down $50-60 MILLION, hoping they'll get MORE!?!

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

My very close relatives (won't say how close) were contacted last week (they own the family timber farm outside of Cotton Valley). They told them that the leasing contract was about $2500/acre. Once everything legally checks out, they might be signing up. Could be dang good for our family.

ETA: It's for real, and now they are trying to negotiate for $3K/acre. Crossing fingers...
    Last edited by tigtoo30; 05-06-2008 at 08:24 AM.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Actually there are two plays getting a lot of interest in this part of the world. The Haynesville Shale and the Gray Sand. The Gray Sand is the formation down in Jackson Parish that had wells coming in for Anadarko at 10+ mil cu ft per day and lots of pressure. And it's held up pretty well from what I hear even though some of it's been on line 2 - 3 years. Its part of the Terryville Field in west Lincoln and east Claiborne parishes. Lots of 3-D seismic work going on trying to nail it down across southern Claiborne and eastern Webster right now. I believe its been a producer south of Monroe too.

The Gray Sand is real. The Haynesville Shale....in a way the jury's still out. Both are deeper than the Cotton Valley that is legendary in north Louisiana. 20 years ago Crystal Oil was touting the Gray Sand in Jackson Parish but couldn't get it on line. New technology has it flowing. PDC bits, improved mud systems, and improved frac processes. Not sure about horizontal drilling on the Gray Sand, but understand it plays a part on the Haynesville. There have been some very good Haynesville Shale wells found, as good as and better than the Gray Sand. But whether it actually extends as far as Chesapeake thinks is yet to be seen. But I can confirm land owners in southern Webster getting $1,000+ per acre.

Compare that to the <$100 - $300 per acres folks were used to in this part of the world and it's a huge difference.

To anyone who has property in these areas, lease money is a good thing for sure but the money is in the percentage of royalties you get. And there are also things you do not have to accept that are "boiler plate" in typical oil & gas lease contracts. If you have no experience in leasing your land, or if you don't keep up with this kind of thing, get some help from someone who is. Producers are in business for themselves and are out to make as much profit as possible. It's not their job or place to be kind or watch out for your interests. If you leave it on the table, they'll be only too happy to put it in their pocket.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Several months ago we go $150 per acre for a 40 down around Jamestown with a 5/16th royalty interest and a greater control over the land itself -

They have cleared off a 4 acre pad within 900 feet of the in-laws house -

Most they were offering then was $250 - we took the higher royalty interest...

Some might think we acted too early, but we had a close friend who is pretty good with this stuff check it out and we held out for higher royalty % and more control over our own land -

Like Steve said - the lease money is nice, but the money is in the royalties if you get a good hole....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog honker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the rough

I know of a guy in the new area that has 900 acres. They offered him 4,000/ acre. 3.6 mil, not a bad payday...and they havent even drilled yet

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

That's what I call "Stupid Money" And I'd take it all day long if they're offering! Hope he got a good % on his royalties and they find a "Hell-of-a-Well"!

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

I hope it comes through, and the horizontal wells work out. I'm tired of drilling over here in Ft. Worth, and am ready to get closer to home. There is another small company that is drilling horizontal in the James Lime in Desoto Parish and East Texas. They are St. Mary's Land & Exploration. I've done some work for them in the past around Lufkin and Center, TX.

If this is as big as the Barnett, then it will be huge! I believe they said the Barnett added 10000 jobs to Ft. Worth, and $80B to the economy.

Varsity Bulldog Captain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to behold Captain Rowdy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    My very close relatives (won't say how close) were contacted last week (they own the family timber farm outside of Cotton Valley). They told them that the leasing contract was about $2500/acre. Once everything legally checks out, they might be signing up. Could be dang good for our family.

ETA: It's for real, and now they are trying to negotiate for $3K/acre. Crossing fingers...
    As of Friday my company was taking leases at $4,000/acre and we may get to $5,000 before week's end. The crazy thing is all the speculation is based on two Haynesville shale wells in Desoto/Caddo. Also a bit of a shameless plug, but if anybody has questions about a lease or land they want to lease PM me and I'll try and help out.

Varsity Bulldog Dawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her game

What Parishes is the exploration concentrated in? Has anyone produced a map of the shale? My family has land in southern Claiborne and Southern Bienville Parish. Anything going on in those areas?

Thanks

DAWGY

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgy Dog View Post
    What Parishes is the exploration concentrated in? Has anyone produced a map of the shale? My family has land in southern Claiborne and Southern Bienville Parish. Anything going on in those areas?

Thanks

DAWGY
    Ditto, my family owns land north of Haynesville, almost in Arkansas. Any prayer of us getting paid?

Puppy Lanadan is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Rowdy View Post
    As of Friday my company was taking leases at $4,000/acre and we may get to $5,000 before week's end. The crazy thing is all the speculation is based on two Haynesville shale wells in Desoto/Caddo. Also a bit of a shameless plug, but if anybody has questions about a lease or land they want to lease PM me and I'll try and help out.
    Captain Rowday, I own 75 acres (and minerals) in Desoto Parish 11n, 15w. May be interested in leasing. Was approached by Classic Hydrocarbon last year. Have heard they sold all to Chesapeake. Wells all around us. Geologist says we are in a "sweet spot"

LanaDan

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Any of you lease hounds/gas jocks cognizant of the activity re coalbed methane leasing/drilling in Caldwell Parish (north of the Ouachita River around Riverton) extending up into southern Ouachita Parish ??

+ Reply to Thread