+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Haynesville Shale

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Haynesville Shale

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Any of you lease hounds/gas jocks cognizant of the activity re coalbed methane leasing/drilling in Caldwell Parish (north of the Ouachita River around Riverton) extending up into southern Ouachita Parish ??
    An outfit out of Florence, Miss., did some seismic testing on our residential property about 3-4 years ago. We would be within 25 miles of Riverton to the NW.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog Captain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to behold Captain Rowdy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgy Dog View Post
    What Parishes is the exploration concentrated in? Has anyone produced a map of the shale? My family has land in southern Claiborne and Southern Bienville Parish. Anything going on in those areas?

Thanks

DAWGY
    From what I've heard they believe the field covers the south half of Caddo & Bossier, most of Desoto, and parts of Red River, Webster, and East Texas. But like I said there have only been 3 or 4 Haynesville wells drilled so its hard to say exactly what the field boundries are.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

nad,

I did some work out there, and the wells produced like wildfire, for about 2 months, then pretty much shut down. I think they've put a hold on that field until they can figure it out.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by splicer View Post
    nad,

I did some work out there, and the wells produced like wildfire, for about 2 months, then pretty much shut down. I think they've put a hold on that field until they can figure it out.
    Yeah, looks from Hwy. 165 like all drilling activity has stopped. Samson http://www.samson.com/index.html is still in the process of getting some 5,000+ acre units permitted on up into southern Ouachita parish. Tell me, splicer; what are they doing with the water they are pumping out of the coal seam ??

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by honker22 View Post
    I know of a guy in the new area that has 900 acres. They offered him 4,000/ acre. 3.6 mil, not a bad payday...and they havent even drilled yet

And from what I understand if they do not drill or no royalties paid within 3 years (or whatever your contract states), the lease reverts back to the landowner, and they have to lease it again...MORE STUPID $$$$. However, the royalties are where it is at as stated by several of you.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

nad,

I don't know, I wasn't on that end of it. I was just a lowly field tech for an instrumentation company.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

I understand that there is not a single well yet producing in this zone. Isn't this the same play that eventually killed Crystal 20 years go?
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

http://sonlite.dnr.state.la.us/sundo...2?p_wsn=235919
    This is the Well that got Chesapeake giddy like a little girl.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    I understand that there is not a single well yet producing in this zone. Isn't this the same play that eventually killed Crystal 20 years go?
    As memory serves, it was the Gray Sand. They found it in Jackson Parish and spent tons on it but couldn't get it to come on line. Two or three years ago, Anadarko went back to the area and used new frac techniques. They had a run of nearly a year where they brought in well after well at 10+ mmscfd.

Surprising that everyone is jumping up and down about the Haynesville Shale when the Gray Sand is known to be money. Gray Sand wells in Lincoln, sourth east Claiborne, and Webster. Though not as good as Jackson, most are coming in at 3.0+ mmscfd and good pressure. That's very good when most folks think a 1.0 to 1.5 mmscfd well is a very good well.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

It amazes me the amount of money companies are paying for land. In Burleson (near Fort Worth) a record deal was made with Chesapeake buying land at 27,200 / acre with a 25.25% royalty payment going to the landowners. It appeared that there were 2 groups that were holding the land of more than 2000 acres. XTO was only offering 22,000 / acre with same royalty percentages. WOW

The Barnett is easy to drill. We're drilling them in about 18 days, and there are no complications like high-pressure gas or sticky formations. That's part of why they like it so much. I hope my company moves into the Haynesville. Then I can work 1.5 hours from the house, instead of 4-5.

Varsity Bulldog Captain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to behold Captain Rowdy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    It amazes me the amount of money companies are paying for land. In Burleson (near Fort Worth) a record deal was made with Chesapeake buying land at 27,200 / acre with a 25.25% royalty payment going to the landowners. It appeared that there were 2 groups that were holding the land of more than 2000 acres. XTO was only offering 22,000 / acre with same royalty percentages. WOW
    That deal was made after a group home owners banded together to lease their subdivision lots. Because TX does not have forced pooling laws like LA does, the companies had to pay that kind of money if they ever wanted to develop the area.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

I'm not terribly greedy, I just wish I owned about 50 -100 acres around there

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by splicer View Post
    The Barnett is easy to drill. We're drilling them in about 18 days, and there are no complications like high-pressure gas or sticky formations. That's part of why they like it so much. I hope my company moves into the Haynesville. Then I can work 1.5 hours from the house, instead of 4-5.
    It should be interesting. I'm assuming these will be horizontal wells and frac-ed similar to they way they do it in the Barnett. I bet these new Haynesville wells will produce for a very long time especially when you consider all the show zones that you see in north La drilling.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Talked to some farmer-friends of the family this weekend. The two brothers own a little over 1,100 acres just ouside of Belcher. They just signed a deal that leases all of their property for $4,000 an acre! This doesn't include the royalties they should receive if the wells produce.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

+ Reply to Thread