+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Haynesville Shale

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Haynesville Shale

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Talked to some farmer-friends of the family this weekend. The two brothers own a little over 1,100 acres just ouside of Belcher. They just signed a deal that leases all of their property for $4,000 an acre! This doesn't include the royalties they should receive if the wells produce.
    You are going to see a lot of that until someone drills a dry hole.

Puppy OLDAWG44 is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by splicer View Post
    I hope it comes through, and the horizontal wells work out. I'm tired of drilling over here in Ft. Worth, and am ready to get closer to home. There is another small company that is drilling horizontal in the James Lime in Desoto Parish and East Texas. They are St. Mary's Land & Exploration. I've done some work for them in the past around Lufkin and Center, TX.

If this is as big as the Barnett, then it will be huge! I believe they said the Barnett added 10000 jobs to Ft. Worth, and $80B to the economy.
    Nadel Gusman drilled a gas well on my unit in December and it is online. Haven't got a check yet. I won't be able to quit working either. It was a Cotton Valley around 9000 ft. What I am excited about is that they are just now drilling the next section over. I can see it from the other well. It is going to be a horizontal from what i hear going down 10,500 ft then going horizontal to 11500 ft. I thought this was considered the Haynseville play at that depth. I live 5 miles north of I-220 near Dixie. The Sunday paper had this well classified as a non-unitized Cotton Valley. Any comments on this please.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by OLDAWG44 View Post
    Nadel Gusman drilled a gas well on my unit in December and it is online. Haven't got a check yet. I won't be able to quit working either. It was a Cotton Valley around 9000 ft. What I am excited about is that they are just now drilling the next section over. I can see it from the other well. It is going to be a horizontal from what i hear going down 10,500 ft then going horizontal to 11500 ft. I thought this was considered the Haynseville play at that depth. I live 5 miles north of I-220 near Dixie. The Sunday paper had this well classified as a non-unitized Cotton Valley. Any comments on this please.
    I don't know what it's like over there, the depths vary greatly from region to region.

Varsity Bulldog Captain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to behold Captain Rowdy's Avatar

What Splicer said is correct, but also the porosity (how tightly packed)of the Cotton Valley sand is not uniform enough for a horizontal well to be effective. So either you were given bad info, or the paper is wrong as usual.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by splicer View Post
    I don't know what it's like over there, the depths vary greatly from region to region.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Rowdy View Post
    What Splicer said is correct, but also the porosity (how tightly packed)of the Cotton Valley sand is not uniform enough for a horizontal well to be effective. So either you were given bad info, or the paper is wrong as usual.
    The Haynesville runs below the Cotton Valley, but there are various strains of the Cotton Valley at various depths. There hasn't been much if any horizontal CV work because sand formations are a lot harder than shales and limestones making them tougher to drill. Plus sand formations are alot more abrasive and thats tough on the downhole tool assemblies. From a frac standpoint, I'm not sure they're happy with the available propants for horizontal, sand formation frac jobs, but maybe they are. I'm not as plugged into that as I used to be. Bottom line is, when it comes to risk/reward it's always been the decision to drill the Cotton Valley conventionally since it has known production potential that way.

Sooner or later someone's going to start taking the risk and figure out how to drill the Cotton Valley horizontally. That could open up a whole new ballgame on exploration in the Ark-La-Tex. Nadel Gusman maybe taking a shot, but I'm betting they're calling it a lower Cotton Valley prospect that's really a Haynesville Shale play. Disinformation is part of the game, especially on a "tight hole" drilling prospect.

Time will tell.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Ok -

What is the going rate per acre on a 3D seismic survey in the Shale area?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Ok -

What is the going rate per acre on a 3D seismic survey in the Shale area?
    I dont know but i'll offer you 200 an acre for the rights to your minerals right now :icon_wink:

to be clear, not your gems just your minerals

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Word down Jamestown way is that they have discovered a "RIVER OF OIL" beneathe the shale and its fixing to get even more CRAZY...

All I know is that we got a packet from a company we leased before the new year and they are doing a seismic survey that cuts right through our acreage and they are trying to "negoitate the damages per acre"....

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Word down Jamestown way is that they have discovered a "RIVER OF OIL" beneathe the shale and its fixing to get even more CRAZY...

All I know is that we got a packet from a company we leased before the new year and they are doing a seismic survey that cuts right through our acreage and they are trying to "negoitate the damages per acre"....
    beneath the Haynesville?

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

i hope that river runs through corinth near hico. well good luck with that man, you might become one of the "big 5" if everything plays out right

Quote Originally Posted by 9701Dawg View Post
    beneath the Haynesville?
    that's the gossip - but you know gossip

We've got one well goin in within 900 yards of the in-laws on the back corner of our section and now they are run this on another right through a section diwn around Jamestown -

We haven't got any of the stupid money cause we leased before it all broke loose, but maybe we are fixing to get some royalty money...

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

...no royalties until all costs and expenses are recouped!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

My family is just now waiting for the check to clear. Tech should see a sizable donation in the next few months.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

I have received a couple letters about leasing my mineral rights on my lot in Broadmoor. Even went to a neighborhood meeting about it hosted by one of the companies a few weeks ago. I have also received a letter from a home owner asking everyone to NOT sign any contracts until more info is gathered. So far we are hearing $200 - $250 a lot plus 20-25% royalties for a 5 year lease contract. And we are hearing that the well will be built across from the Elk's Lodge on or near the new day camp (really close if you live on Capt. Shreve!). We are also hearing that Chesapeake is the money behind one of them.

Does anyone have any advice? Does anyone know a good attorney that may be willing to work with a group of home/land owners in Shreveport/Bossier?

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I just received a notice from the Southhighlands Neighborhood Association on the same subject. There will be a meeting at Capt. Shreve.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

+ Reply to Thread