+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Orleans Hornets lead Spurs, 3-2

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: New Orleans Hornets go 2-0 against the Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I need to eat crow on this one. I knew they were going to beat the Mavs but I thought they were gonna get pounded by S.A. They are playing lights out right now.

OK, now that I have gotten that out of the way someone fill me in on this Hugo deal. Is he the Hornet mascot or something? What are they doing to him?

http://www.nola.com/hornets/t-p/inde...650.xml&coll=1

Varsity Bulldog bigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the rough

I also got to thinking since Kobe Bryant got MVP. Do you think this will motivate CP3 to play at a higher level, I mean he always plays at a high level, but will he take this level to extreme now that they are getting seen all over nationally? Bryant deserves it and CP3 does too. I guess cause I'm a homer that's why I think he deserves it

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg18 View Post
    I also got to thinking since Kobe Bryant got MVP. Do you think this will motivate CP3 to play at a higher level, I mean he always plays at a high level, but will he take this level to extreme now that they are getting seen all over nationally? Bryant deserves it and CP3 does too. I guess cause I'm a homer that's why I think he deserves it
    except bryant doesn't deserve it. he may have deserved it in the past years but not this one. name me a category in which he leads the league or (other than scoring) is even in the top 5. paul is first in steals, first in assists and still in the top 20 in scoring. the only reason bryant gets it this year is because his name is kobe bryant and he hasn't won it before...and that is a bunch of bs. chris paul is the nba mvp reguardless of who wins the award...paul knows it and so does bryant.

Varsity Bulldog bigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi View Post
    except bryant doesn't deserve it. he may have deserved it in the past years but not this one. name me a category in which he leads the league or (other than scoring) is even in the top 5. paul is first in steals, first in assists and still in the top 20 in scoring. the only reason bryant gets it this year is because his name is kobe bryant and he hasn't won it before...and that is a bunch of bs. chris paul is the nba mvp reguardless of who wins the award...paul knows it and so does bryant.
    Good point. Couldn't agree more. Your right about Bryant his name and all the time he got on national t.v. helped him out. CP3 didn't get much publicity and the Hornets didn't get much national recgonition. I believe if the hornets had more publicity CP3 could have been the 2008 MVP

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I hate to tell ya'll this -

They are the cover of this week's S.I. -

Turn out the lites, the pary is over....
    Damn, thats just as bad as the Madden cover. Like N.O. needs any help in the juju department, especially in the playoffs.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I can't get behind the Hornets living here in SA. I really can't get excited about the gear for the Hornets. Have you looked at the colors? They are really ugly. Reminds me of gear of somewhere else. Now if the colors were blue and there was more of a connection to Tech, I would rethink my support.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    I can't get behind the Hornets living here in SA. I really can't get excited about the gear for the Hornets. Have you looked at the colors? They are really ugly. Reminds me of gear of somewhere else. Now if the colors were blue and there was more of a connection to Tech, I would rethink my support.
    what? you don't think purple, teal, and yellow go together? you, sir, have no style...no style at all.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    I can't get behind the Hornets living here in SA.
    Thanks Mr. Stern for chipping in here. Hey, while we have you hear, can we officially change their name to the San Antonio Superfloppers. I've never seen so much flooping and acting before.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I think the New Orleans Hornets win game 4 tonight just like they did at Dallas. Let's go guys!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I think the New Orleans Hornets win game 4 tonight just like they did at Dallas. Let's go guys!

Man, it looks as if I missed that one by a mile.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Uh-oh. Go Spurs!

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Ha-ha. They all do that. Chris Paul flails and flops just as badly; Tyson Chandler throws his share of dirty shots down low; and Wells can play dirty, too. That's basketball these days. They all know how to play the system and get favorable calls. I watched Derek Fisher take a 90 degree turn and throw and elbow into a defender today... and the defender was called for the foul. Every team does it; the Spurs just do it a little more successfully. But in the end, all the flopping and cheap fouls aren't what win the game. Just gotta play through it and put the ball in the hoop more than the other guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41tGIj2lk8Y

This is the best one of Paul. Deliberately walks into Bowen, who doesn't do ANYTHING, and acts as though he's hit by a linebacker. I'll be the first to admit that Bowen plays rough and that Ginobli does some acting, but anyone who thinks it's only "the other team" doing it needs to take off the blinders.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Other teams do it, but not as bad as the Spurs.
    If I were CP3, I would have fallen down. Fight fire with fire.

+ Reply to Thread