+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Orleans Hornets lead Spurs, 3-2

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Re: New Orleans Hornets go 2-0 against the Spurs

What had Bowen done to him? Nothing. Go Spurs!

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    Uh-oh. Go Spurs!
    it's not uh-oh till the spurs win in new orleans.

however give the spurs credit they have the hornets figured out.

going to have to hope the home crowd rallies the troops.

Damn u sports illustrated!!!!

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Thanks Mr. Stern for chipping in here. Hey, while we have you hear, can we officially change their name to the San Antonio Superfloppers. I've never seen so much flooping and acting before.
    I have...it's called soccer...and that's what I feel like I'm watching when I watch the Spurs...

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Thanks Mr. Stern for chipping in here. Hey, while we have you hear, can we officially change their name to the San Antonio Superfloppers. I've never seen so much flooping and acting before.
    That's fine, they'll just keep collecting those titles.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41tGIj2lk8Y

This is the best one of Paul. Deliberately walks into Bowen, who doesn't do ANYTHING, and acts as though he's hit by a linebacker. I'll be the first to admit that Bowen plays rough and that Ginobli does some acting, but anyone who thinks it's only "the other team" doing it needs to take off the blinders.

Worst I saw was that Price guy throwing Luke Walton's crap in the stands when he had a breakaway dunk. All ball, barely any body contact and Luke Walton acts like he was shot by a cannon.

Also, nobody is worse than Ginoboli with his flopping. He must have grown up playing soccer. Difference is in the NBA, after you flop and no foul is called, you get dunked on. In soccer, after you flop, the other team politely kicks it out of bounds. One more reason why soccer isnt watched as much as other sports in the US. In the US, if a man flails around like a sissy, you kick when he is down.

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechSupporter11 View Post
    I have...it's called soccer...and that's what I feel like I'm watching when I watch the Spurs...

I almost get physically ill watching the Spurs play. They are the biggest whiners in the NBA. It is going to be a game seven in NO, and I think Byron Scott will make the necessary changes to get them ready. The last two games Peja has just not hit his shots and the Spurs are making everything. Tim Duncan sucks.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red's Better View Post
    Tim Duncan sucks.

Maybe if he didn't have all those rings weighing him down he could play up to your standards.

:icon_wink:

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: New Orleans Hornets, Spurs tied at 2

I can't believe a bunch of people are WHINING about the Spurs being WHINERS. This is nothing new. The Spurs have done this for years. If it works more power to them. The only thing that matters in the end is getting the ring.

On a less funny note. I think the key has been something I wanted the Mavs to do but Avery was too stubborn/stupid (probably both) to do. Let Paul get his. Don't double Chris Paul!!!!!! When you double Paul you leave West open who is an excellent mid-range shooter. You leave Peja open who is an excellent long range shooter. You leave Chandler open for those crazy alley oops. I would try to play the best one on one defense you can on Paul and if he beats you, so be it. You're probably not going to stop him anyways so why let Paul AND the entire rest of the Hornets roster beat you. The entire week and a half of the Mavs/Hornets series all I heard was Avery talking about the different strategies he would try to use to stop Paul. Sometimes Avery is a moron. That's why he is unemployed.

It will be interesting to see of the Spurs can keep this up on the road. This series could easily go either way.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Don't blame any player for a flop. You need to blame the refs, they are the ones calling it. Manu does flop but he also gets the sh** kicked out of him when he goes into the lane a lot too. As far as dirty players, the same thing applies. Blame the refs. The players do what they are allowed to do. Most of SA think Karl Malone and John Stockton were the dirties players in the league mostly for setting picks. The players are all decent individuals and the Spurs are better than most in the NBA.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

a little article on the spurs statistical chances:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...Hornets_080513

Big Dog bulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of light bulldawg03's Avatar

Germ-

Spurs suck...

Your's truly-
    Christian

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi View Post
    a little article on the spurs statistical chances:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...Hornets_080513
    Now that was an interesting article. Thanks!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

That's what I'm talking about!!! West and Paul are looking a little like the Stockton and Malone combo of old. Check out the box score. West hitting 38 pts, 5 blks and 14 rbs with Paul hitting 22 pts and 14 assists.

Pulling Ahead

AP Photo/Alex Brandon
    Tony Parker and the Spurs now trail Chris Paul and the Hornets.
    David West's huge night of 38 points, 14 rebounds and five blocks led the Hornets to a 101-79 win over the Spurs, giving New Orleans a 3-2 series lead on the defending champs. Box score
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 05-13-2008 at 11:41 PM.

Big Dog jlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the rough jlam's Avatar

West was incredible last night. Early on nobody could buy a bucket and he just kept hitting and keeping us in the game. I believe he had 20 of our first 34 points. On top of that he rebounded (14) and D'd up (5 blocks) better than I've seen him do all season, all with back stiffness. He absolutely beasted it up last night, no way around it.

Of course Paul was great in the 2nd half, but I thought our x-factor since Peja is on lock was Morris Peterson. If the Spurs are going to devote that much energy to not only playing the pick and roll, but sticking Peja constantly while throwing doubles at West, then Mopete (or whoever is in at his place) has to step up and make them pay by hitting some open looks. Last night was the first time since Game 2 that a "role player" stepped up and hit some open looks.

I just wish some of this, any of this, would translate to the road.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Re: New Orleans Hornets lead Spurs, 3-2

how about west's defense on duncan when chandler went out with foul trouble and then again when he got hurt. great night for west. i also liked the defense we played on parker...for the most part we did not let him flop; we knew the refs were going to call a foul anytime he got in the lane, so we made it a good foul...that guy is always laying on the floor, but this time we put him there. i don't wan the guy hurt or anything but if the refs are going to call every flop, we might as well make that foul legit.

+ Reply to Thread